Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Might as well not even play the games

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,219
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
This is what we are recruiting against and where we have to get. Oregon gets it do we?

https://si.com/college-football/2019/07/03/clemson-recruiting-football-dabo-swinney

On October 19, 2013, Clemson welcomed ACC rival Florida State into Death Valley for a highly anticipated nationally televised top-five matchup.

The Tigers, with Tajh Boyd at quarterback, the dynamic Sammy Watkins at wide receiver, and Vic Beasley, Grady Jarrett and Bashaud Breeland starring on defense, were primed to make a run at a possible national title.

But Clemson coughed up the pigskin on the first play from scrimmage, and it went downhill from there with eventual Heisman-winner Jameis Winston throwing for 444 yards and three touchdowns in a 51-14 rout.

Ever since, the term “Clemsoning”—applied to the previously snakebitten Tigers—has been dead, while they build toward a historic run by restocking talent once stars depart for the NFL.

Win a big game Pete then pop off. OK so we are here. We expect to win and don't and are gaining a reputation for Huskying in big games

The answer could be as simple as dogged recruiting, and infusion of cash that allowed massive upgrades to facilities, which also parlayed into coach Dabo Swinney becoming one of the sport’s highest-paid coaches when he received a 10–year, $92 million deal this spring.

Since 2015, Clemson has not finished below 10th in ESPN’s recruiting class rankings and is leading the way for a top ranking in the 2020 class, with a half-dozen, five-star commitments already in the fold.

I know we used to obsess over facilities but as far as I know UW is up to par? I mean its not the Hookers and Blow Center at Eugene but it is the Greatest Setting or so I have been told

I'm going with dogged recruiting even though everyone knows I don't follow recruiting.

Its not something an assistant does in his spare time because he can really coach those three stars up its a way of life.

Top Ten every year. Get it done

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This is what we are recruiting against and where we have to get. Oregon gets it do we?

https://si.com/college-football/2019/07/03/clemson-recruiting-football-dabo-swinney

On October 19, 2013, Clemson welcomed ACC rival Florida State into Death Valley for a highly anticipated nationally televised top-five matchup.

The Tigers, with Tajh Boyd at quarterback, the dynamic Sammy Watkins at wide receiver, and Vic Beasley, Grady Jarrett and Bashaud Breeland starring on defense, were primed to make a run at a possible national title.

But Clemson coughed up the pigskin on the first play from scrimmage, and it went downhill from there with eventual Heisman-winner Jameis Winston throwing for 444 yards and three touchdowns in a 51-14 rout.

Ever since, the term “Clemsoning”—applied to the previously snakebitten Tigers—has been dead, while they build toward a historic run by restocking talent once stars depart for the NFL.

Win a big game Pete then pop off. OK so we are here. We expect to win and don't and are gaining a reputation for Huskying in big games

The answer could be as simple as dogged recruiting, and infusion of cash that allowed massive upgrades to facilities, which also parlayed into coach Dabo Swinney becoming one of the sport’s highest-paid coaches when he received a 10–year, $92 million deal this spring.

Since 2015, Clemson has not finished below 10th in ESPN’s recruiting class rankings and is leading the way for a top ranking in the 2020 class, with a half-dozen, five-star commitments already in the fold.

I know we used to obsess over facilities but as far as I know UW is up to par? I mean its not the Hookers and Blow Center at Eugene but it is the Greatest Setting or so I have been told

I'm going with dogged recruiting even though everyone knows I don't follow recruiting.

Its not something an assistant does in his spare time because he can really coach those three stars up its a way of life.

Top Ten every year. Get it done

Exactly!!! Why do people keep trying to drag @RaceBannon into these recruiting threads. He DOESN'T follow recruiting.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Bust out the checkbook. How important is it to you?