Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One of my favorite quotes from Petersen's presser today.

2»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Fuck Peterman. I want stars.

It's a proven formula: more stars = more wins.

Yeah, you have to develop them and call a good game and get some good game strategery but overall, the regression line shows a tight fit between stars and titles.

Let the Mountain West take the OKGs. I want killers.

Fucking sodbuster.
    now I know you're a fag.
    You losing your sense of humor Creepy?

Here's an explanation just in case: That was a TG parody.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    i heard kim or fetters or one of those two queers drop the "OKG" line on kjr last night. they actually said "OKGs" too. i had no idea where that had came from until I heard that. i had to turn that shit off after i heard kim and fetters talking about jenn. fucking creeps
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Yeah, you have to develop them and call a good game and get some good game strategery but overall, the regression line shows a tight fit between stars and titles.

Fucking sodbuster.
    now I know you're a fag.
    You losing your sense of humor Creepy?

Here's an explanation just in case: That was a TG parody.
    Not needed. I out-parody'd you!

Mine was a parody of so many that I cannot attribute it to one poaster.

• Options
    phineas said:

i heard kim or fetters or one of those two queers drop the "OKG" line on kjr last night. they actually said "OKGs" too. i had no idea where that had came from until I heard that. i had to turn that shit off after i heard kim and fetters talking about jenn. fucking creeps

careful there fuck face. I don't take kindly to your use of "creep" in connection with fatters and shorty.

pick another word please.

thanks.
  • Options

He didn't say he would not take star laden recruits
    ok, only if you're sure.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    dnc said:

Nice false dichotomy you have there.

Given like 6 weeks to work with Petersen pulled in a much better class than he ever had at Boise. He had way more 4 stars than he ever had, fewer 2 stars, and pulled easily his highest rated recruit ever. The idea that he's going to recruit the same caliber of athlete he did at Boise was debunked in the time it takes Vanilla to implement next day site changes.

Yes, classes full of stars are usually better than classes that aren't. But there's also lowly rated guys who have plenty of talent. The Seahawks just finished loudly proclaiming what happens when you can outscout and outdevelop everybody else, and wouldn't you know it, Petersen has consistently displayed the ability to both scout well and develop well. Now he's at a place where he's already displayed the ability to beat other schools out for guys he couldn't get at Boise. UW may never have top 10 classes under Petersen (though I'm not convinced this is true), but we should always have above average classes that play way up thanks to superior scouting and development.

why do you hate stars my sweet caroline?

I thought we were historically on the same page with this one.

I want stars. Simple as that. Is it that hard to do? I'll give him a pass this year. 6 weeks isn't a lot of time, even if you are a big name like he is.

but next year, I want stars. not getting that at boise state is understandable. now he has the name, the facilities, the conference platform, the cool shiny new unis, the green non-homo turf, the whole package.

no excuses. I want to out-star the conference.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Given like 6 weeks to work with Petersen pulled in a much better class than he ever had at Boise. He had way more 4 stars than he ever had, fewer 2 stars, and pulled easily his highest rated recruit ever. The idea that he's going to recruit the same caliber of athlete he did at Boise was debunked in the time it takes Vanilla to implement next day site changes.

Yes, classes full of stars are usually better than classes that aren't. But there's also lowly rated guys who have plenty of talent. The Seahawks just finished loudly proclaiming what happens when you can outscout and outdevelop everybody else, and wouldn't you know it, Petersen has consistently displayed the ability to both scout well and develop well. Now he's at a place where he's already displayed the ability to beat other schools out for guys he couldn't get at Boise. UW may never have top 10 classes under Petersen (though I'm not convinced this is true), but we should always have above average classes that play way up thanks to superior scouting and development.

I want stars. Simple as that. Is it that hard to do? I'll give him a pass this year. 6 weeks isn't a lot of time, even if you are a big name like he is.

but next year, I want stars. not getting that at boise state is understandable. now he has the name, the facilities, the conference platform, the cool shiny new unis, the green non-homo turf, the whole package.

I'm with you completely when the coach in question has not demonstrated a superior eye for talent. When Ty, Sark, and Gilby brought in a two star OL and proclaimed he would be a top 5 pick, he played like a 2 star OL. Maybe I'm overly confident in Petersen's abilities, but I expect him to be able to actually coach recruits up.

If he is bringing in more 2 stars than 4 stars I'll be disappointed and worried. I'll also be very surprised. My guess is he brings in classes with roughly a 3.5 star average and only a couple 2 star kids per year. But I'll have actual expectations for his 2 stars as well.

• Options
    would be cool if Petersen had open practices I really hope we can get a look at him in spring ball
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I'm with you completely when the coach in question has not demonstrated a superior eye for talent. When Ty, Sark, and Gilby brought in a two star OL and proclaimed he would be a top 5 pick, he played like a 2 star OL. Maybe I'm overly confident in Petersen's abilities, but I expect him to be able to actually coach recruits up.

If he is bringing in more 2 stars than 4 stars I'll be disappointed and worried. I'll also be very surprised. My guess is he brings in classes with roughly a 3.5 star average and only a couple 2 star kids per year. But I'll have actual expectations for his 2 stars as well.

I just went over to the Gay Bath House (DMc), and figured out that we pretty much never pull anything near a 3.5 average star ranking. If he does that, he will be the best recruiter we have had since stars came into existence.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,517
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Colored poker chips > Stars
  • Options

would be cool if Petersen had open practices I really hope we can get a look at him in spring ball

It would be a cool week to be a husky if he did.