Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SoftyFS

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 9h

@buddabaker32 announces he's heading to Washington, then 400k+ celebrate the next day in Seattle. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

If you're looking for non coincidences, Mr Soft One, look at Coach Sarkisian leaving town and Coach Petersen being hired on. Those are the things that made it possible for this kid to stay home which he wanted to do anyway. I'm sure it's a real coincidence he never visited or considered USC after Sark arrived there.

Crediting the Seahawks with Baker's decision takes credit from where it belongs (Petersen and Lake) and blame for earlier failures to secure him off of Sark. I'm sure Kim will jump on this bandwagon, too, though. "Well yeah when you win a Super Bowel all the in state recruits want to stay home sure. If the Seahawks had won a Super Bowel while Sark was here he would have been unstoppable as a recruiter. You can't expect to build a fence around the state in the Twitter era when the professional franchise can't win it all."

Comments

• Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2014
    dnc said:

@buddabaker32 announces he's heading to Washington, then 400k+ celebrate the next day in Seattle. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

If you're looking for non coincidences, Mr Soft One, look at Coach Sarkisian leaving town and Coach Petersen being hired on. Those are the things that made it possible for this kid to stay home which he wanted to do anyway. I'm sure it's a real coincidence he never visited or considered USC after Sark arrived there.

Crediting the Seahawks with Baker's decision takes credit from where it belongs (Petersen and Lake) and blame for earlier failures to secure him off of Sark. I'm sure Kim will jump on this bandwagon, too, though. "Well yeah when you win a Super Bowel all the in state recruits want to stay home sure. If the Seahawks had won a Super Bowel while Sark was here he would have been unstoppable as a recruiter. You can't expect to build a fence around the state in the Twitter era when the professional franchise can't win it all."

This is why Softy & Co merit no respect or credibility.

He can't admit that he was wrong so he tries to deflect and distract people with misdirection in the form of a bad joke.

It would be better if he just admitted he was wrong, Sark wasn't the answer they had hoped for, many recruits saw Sark's BS for what it was, and Petersen knows what's he's doing.

Softy has become a parody of himself.

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    i dont think softy was being serious, dudes.
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2014
    Jimmy Lake = money

We may not miss Keith Heyward after all.
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    phineas said:

Yea. Softy is indeed FS but I think he was making a joke that 400k are going to celebrate budda's commitment.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Can we get a do over on Garnet and Banner, trade MIles for Max Brown
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Can we get a do over on Garnet and Banner, trade MIles for Max Brown

Hopefully he is a stud like the other Skyline prodigy Jake Heaps.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Are you sure his intent wasn't something else? Maybe the people downtown were celebrating the commitment to Washington?
    tracker said:

dnc said:

This is why Softy & Co merit no respect or credibility.

He can't admit that he was wrong so he tries to deflect and distract people with misdirection in the form of a bad joke.

It would be better if he just admitted he was wrong, Sark wasn't the answer they had hoped for, many recruits saw Sark's BS for what it was, and Petersen knows what's he's doing.

Softy has become a parody of himself.

• Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Typical KJR shock-jock Softy on-air vomit. He floats this kind of obscene stupidity to agitate (or masturbait) Huskyfans and solicit callers into the station for discussion and argument. I'll give Softy one thing: it must be tough acting the anti-fan prick on live sports-talk radio, but Softy makes it sound easy.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    TMacDawg said:

And it only took him 2 months...

Race does it again!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I could have sworn that I heard Softy say on the air on either Tuesday or Wednesday that Budda committing to Washington was what he thought was going to happen all along.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,886
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

I don't think he was trying to equate Baker signing with the parade as much as he was saying "what a cool week to be a Husky, man!"

I'm pissed because not enough of the former Sark-loving doogs are giving Peterman credit for his recruiting work.