Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nathan Dean quit

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Nathan Dean has a huge ceiling I actually think he'll be better than Garnett and Banner - Doogs last year

"WDWHA, it doesn't matter we are deep at OL anyways why is everyone freaking out" - Doogs now.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

it's almost unfathomable how a former QB puts so little emphasis on the O-line, it's good to know this opens up another schollie to sign an extra WR this year

Agreed. With no clear #2 at WR, that positions needs to be a priority.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    dhdawg said:

it's almost unfathomable how a former QB puts so little emphasis on the O-line, it's good to know this opens up another schollie to sign an extra WR this year

It's equally impressive that Sark has signed 14 WR's since being at UW and yet in year five there is still serious questions on who our #2 WR is?

Why do people say he's a great recruiter again?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

dhdawg said:

It's equally impressive that Sark has signed 14 WR's since being at UW and yet in year five there is still serious questions on who our #2 WR is?

Why do people say he's a great recruiter again?
    Because everyone says so?

• Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    I'd hate to stay on topic but why did he quit?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Trust issues. Allegedly.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,835
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited July 2013

DeepSeaZ said:

My guess would be because he sucked. The kid didn't even make all-league as a senior (he had already committed to UW before the season). If you're not even in the top 5 of your high school league at your position, you're not going to have a very good time trying to play D-1 football. My guess is that he figured out really quickly that he was in over his head just like our 140 lb Linebacker and CB Matthew Lyons and Darien Washington.

The scary thing is, he was one of our more "highly-touted" O-linemen recruits over the last few years. We have:
    Tufunga - no one else offered him. His shittiness was proven when the coaches thought it was better to burn Brostek's redshirt and watch him get pushed back 20 yards every down than it was to play this guy.
    Charles - has actually done ok, but was not highly recruited.
    Fuvai (English) - offer from Idaho
    Hindy - no other offers. We offered him on signing day after we struck out on everyone else.
    Eldrenkamp - a few lower-tier offers. Scott told us all year that Eldrenkamp was not good enough to get a UW offer. He was offered last minute after we struck out on everyone else. Now he is our redshirt frosh backup left tackle.
    Brostek - supposedly Oregon tried to offer him the week before signing day. Other than that, no one else was interested. Doogs say he would have been a 5 star if he had attended camps or didn't live in Hawaii.
    Shelton - a few lower tier offers. We offered him the day before signing day after we struck out on everyone else.
    Andrew Kirkland - Right in Oregon's back yard and they wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. Lower tier offers
    Dane Crane - the odd one out. He was actually highly touted despite resembling Peter Griffin

And there you have our O Line of the future. The For most of these guys, the only D-1 schools that offered them were Oregon State, Utah, Colorado, and WSU. We'll see how many of the rest make it much longer than Dean
    Fuck that's depressing to read but at least the Peter Griffin resemblence made me laugh.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

DeepSeaZ said:

My guess would be because he sucked. The kid didn't even make all-league as a senior (he had already committed to UW before the season). If you're not even in the top 5 of your high school league at your position, you're not going to have a very good time trying to play D-1 football. My guess is that he figured out really quickly that he was in over his head just like our 140 lb Linebacker and CB Matthew Lyons and Darien Washington.

The scary thing is, he was one of our more "highly-touted" O-linemen recruits over the last few years. We have:
    Tufunga - no one else offered him. His shittiness was proven when the coaches thought it was better to burn Brostek's redshirt and watch him get pushed back 20 yards every down than it was to play this guy.
    Charles - has actually done ok, but was not highly recruited.
    Fuvai (English) - offer from Idaho
    Hindy - no other offers. We offered him on signing day after we struck out on everyone else.
    Eldrenkamp - a few lower-tier offers. Scott told us all year that Eldrenkamp was not good enough to get a UW offer. He was offered last minute after we struck out on everyone else. Now he is our redshirt frosh backup left tackle.
    Brostek - supposedly Oregon tried to offer him the week before signing day. Other than that, no one else was interested. Doogs say he would have been a 5 star if he had attended camps or didn't live in Hawaii.
    Shelton - a few lower tier offers. We offered him the day before signing day after we struck out on everyone else.
    Andrew Kirkland - Right in Oregon's back yard and they wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. Lower tier offers
    Dane Crane - the odd one out. He was actually highly touted despite resembling Peter Griffin

And there you have our O Line of the future. The For most of these guys, the only D-1 schools that offered them were Oregon State, Utah, Colorado, and WSU. We'll see how many of the rest make it much longer than Dean
    I think you need a timeout...jerk.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Fuck that's depressing to read but at least the Peter Griffin resemblence made me laugh.

You know what really grinds my gears...
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    dhdawg said:

Solid first poast

• Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    I don't trust anyone named Nathan. If he went by Nate I could live with it, but Nathan is a puss name.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    Founders Club
    Nathan Hale... Nathan Lane... can't think of any others
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nathan Hale... Nathan Lane... can't think of any others

Nathan's hot dogs.

I'm taking the field on Thursday in the big event on Coney Island.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    DeepSeaZ said:

I'm hearing he burned a lot of bridges
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    DeepSeaZ said:

He wanted the stool closest to the door in chemistry lab. He was much coveted as an academic recruit and will likely transfer out once he selects a major, if he hasn't already.