Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Avantae Williams

Comments

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

We all know this kid isn't going to Oregon. But I'll still enjoy it when he officially flips and Oregon's class ranking takes a hit.

It’s going to hit us really hard.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

The main reason I wanted Williams is because he has neck tats and two kids by 16, he’s already a grown man.

Not sure those two things qualify a kid as a "grown man". Both signs of immaturity and poor decision making skills.
    Firstly, I think he was joking. We makes jokes outside of the hood.

Secondly, we? didn't mind when Curtis Williams ("I love you buddy!") was roaming the secondary in Montlake, and he had all kinds of judgment issues.
    Joke didn't hit the mark if that was the case.

I was like 8 years old when Curtis Williams was at UW. Never saw any of those guys Neuheisel guys play. Williams certainly wouldn't be recruited by Petersen and company. Your current basketball coach knowingly played guys accused of gang rape.
    For the sake of pure schadenfreude, I read the whole damned police report after it was published somewhere. I had my pitchfork all sharpened and my torch all soaked in kerosene, but reading the report did not return the expected results. The more I read, the more I was both grossed out and surprised at how sympathetic I became to the players' defense. It's hard to draw any conclusion from the police report other than: 1.) This is filth that would tarnish even Sven's brand (NTTAWWT), and 2.) this was consensual filth that the girl later regretted. If you want to kick guys out of school or off a basketball team because they're "yucky," I guess that's up to the AD and the fans that buy tickets, but I couldn't see where any laws--or even school policies--were broken/violated.

There are roughly 85,000,000 gang bang videos on the internet. I'm sure at least a handful of the poor women in those videos regretted it after the fact. Some of these women were almost certainly legitimately drugged/coerced/etc. into doing something they didn't want to do, and this is a serious issue. The others were just victims of their own poor choices. The Oregon basketball case, at least by all available evidence, seems more like the latter than the former--and this coming from a total #metoo hippy liberal pussy who's very close to a victim of campus rape before it became a big issue. I REALLY wanted to hate those players based off the headlines, but it ended up being more of a "those guys are fucking gross" and move on kind of a thing.
    Point is, Altman had no idea if the accusation was legit or not. Any coach with integrity would suspend those players immediately and indefinitely until the investigation into the allegation is finished. He did nothing and allowed them to keep playing until the Oregon athletic department suspended the players themselves. That's some Art Briles shit.

Also, one of the players accused was under investigation for sexual assault at a previous school before transferring to Oregon. Altman is trash.
    Altman is a great coach. You'd shave your pussy to have him. Sometimes you gotta give credit where it's due.
    The hell I would! Hopkins was the conference coach of the year at UW his first two seasons as a head coach, took us from worst in the Pac to a tournament team in two years, and he's a monster recruiter. Fuck Altman. Hop is gonna spank Altman's pasty white ass this season.
    That's a lot of trash talk on behalf of a coach who got RAPED by the other coach this great season you reference.

Altman has a body of work. Hopkins is a good coach, but he has some work to do before I'd say he's better than Altman.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

The main reason I wanted Williams is because he has neck tats and two kids by 16, he’s already a grown man.

Not sure those two things qualify a kid as a "grown man". Both signs of immaturity and poor decision making skills.

Secondly, we? didn't mind when Curtis Williams ("I love you buddy!") was roaming the secondary in Montlake, and he had all kinds of judgment issues.

I was like 8 years old when Curtis Williams was at UW. Never saw any of those guys Neuheisel guys play. Williams certainly wouldn't be recruited by Petersen and company. Your current basketball coach knowingly played guys accused of gang rape.
    For the sake of pure schadenfreude, I read the whole damned police report after it was published somewhere. I had my pitchfork all sharpened and my torch all soaked in kerosene, but reading the report did not return the expected results. The more I read, the more I was both grossed out and surprised at how sympathetic I became to the players' defense. It's hard to draw any conclusion from the police report other than: 1.) This is filth that would tarnish even Sven's brand (NTTAWWT), and 2.) this was consensual filth that the girl later regretted. If you want to kick guys out of school or off a basketball team because they're "yucky," I guess that's up to the AD and the fans that buy tickets, but I couldn't see where any laws--or even school policies--were broken/violated.

There are roughly 85,000,000 gang bang videos on the internet. I'm sure at least a handful of the poor women in those videos regretted it after the fact. Some of these women were almost certainly legitimately drugged/coerced/etc. into doing something they didn't want to do, and this is a serious issue. The others were just victims of their own poor choices. The Oregon basketball case, at least by all available evidence, seems more like the latter than the former--and this coming from a total #metoo hippy liberal pussy who's very close to a victim of campus rape before it became a big issue. I REALLY wanted to hate those players based off the headlines, but it ended up being more of a "those guys are fucking gross" and move on kind of a thing.
    Point is, Altman had no idea if the accusation was legit or not. Any coach with integrity would suspend those players immediately and indefinitely until the investigation into the allegation is finished. He did nothing and allowed them to keep playing until the Oregon athletic department suspended the players themselves. That's some Art Briles shit.

Also, one of the players accused was under investigation for sexual assault at a previous school before transferring to Oregon. Altman is trash.
    Altman is a great coach. You'd shave your pussy to have him. Sometimes you gotta give credit where it's due.
    The hell I would! Hopkins was the conference coach of the year at UW his first two seasons as a head coach, took us from worst in the Pac to a tournament team in two years, and he's a monster recruiter. Fuck Altman. Hop is gonna spank Altman's pasty white ass this season.
    That's a lot of trash talk on behalf of a coach who got RAPED by the other coach this great season you reference.

Altman has a body of work. Hopkins is a good coach, but he has some work to do before I'd say he's better than Altman.
    You won't have to wait long. Just tune in this season.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

UW gonna make the final 4 this season? Lol

I will.

So I take it you're not down with American jurisprudence and the whole "innocent until proven guilty" bit?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2019

Didn't the players later sue the school and won?
    ntxduck said:

Never said anything like that. Just that Hopkin's team is gonna mop the court with Altman's team in Hopkin's third year on the job.
    edited June 2019

So I take it you're not down with American jurisprudence and the whole "innocent until proven guilty" bit?
    That applies in a court of law. In the real world, it's common sense and common practice to suspend people when they're under investigation for rape until they are proven innocent. The fact the athletic department had to step in and suspend them instead of Altman speaks volumes about his character and where his priorities lie. Winning basketball games was prioritized over a potential rape victim. Altman is a piece of shit like Art Briles. If you are aware of a sexual assault allegation against your players, you don't sit back and do nothing.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

That applies in a court of law. In the real world, it's common sense and common practice to suspend people when they're under investigation for rape until they are proven innocent. The fact the athletic department had to step in and suspend them instead of Altman speaks volumes about his character and where his priorities lie. Winning basketball games was prioritized over a potential rape victim. Altman is a piece of shit like Art Briles. If you are aware of a sexual assault allegation against your players, you don't sit back and do nothing.
    When the players later sued the school, who won?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

Never said anything like that. Just that Hopkin's team is gonna mop the court with Altman's team in Hopkin's third year on the job.
    It was in reference to Altman having a better body of work than Hopkins. Until hop makes the final four, there is no discussion.

UW basketball has one decent year that ended with getting blown out in Vegas and blown out in the 2nd round of the tourney. It’s a good start but still a long ways to go before you can even compare hop to Dana or even Sean Miller
    edited June 2019

When the players later sued the school, who won?
    1. The female who made the accusation sued Oregon and won and got paid $800,000 by the university as well as free tuition for the rest of her time as a student at Oregon. The former basketball players accused of the rape sued Oregon for $10 million each and I'm not finding anything about them winning and getting a settlement from the University.

2. It's fucking irrelevant anyways. AT THE FUCKING TIME of the allegations, Altman was aware of them and did nothing and played them. The same as Art Briles. The female didn't file criminal charges against them and got paid very well by Oregon. Had she filed charges and they were found guilty, Altman would have in hindsight, kept rapists on his team to win basketball games. What happened AFTER Altman played alleged rapists IS IRRELEVANT because he had no idea if they were innocent or guilty.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

It was in reference to Altman having a better body of work than Hopkins. Until hop makes the final four, there is no discussion.

UW basketball has one decent year that ended with getting blown out in Vegas and blown out in the 2nd round of the tourney. It’s a good start but still a long ways to go before you can even compare hop to Dana or even Sean Miller
    He did it with 2 legit dudes on his team.

One of them couldn’t even score.

They have the most talent in the PAC-12 now.
    edited June 2019
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Not at all. How long has Altman been on the job? 9 years. If Hopkins and UW are better than Oregon and Altman in Hopkins' third year on the job, I think it's safe to say Hopkins is the better coach.

Altman has been a D1 head coach since 1989. Took him 28 years to get to a Final Four. It's pretty obvious Hopkins has more upside.
    Both are legit
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So Tae is flipping, Slusher will likely flip, how solid is Luke Hill though?
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Tae is vocal. The other two aren’t. There is nothing concrete saying they aren’t solid. However, there was a mention by Hopkins that he thinks one of those three actually signs. Tae is likely gone and the other two, there’s nothing to mention but just a gut feeling.

Luke Hill isn’t very good.

Slusher and Tae are good.

- It also applies in our culture. If someone at work accused you of groping them, would you be ok being suspended until they figured it out? W/o pay? Because when you suspend an athlete, there's no replacing that time.

- Or maybe it speaks volumes about his judgment. Life is a little more complicated than you make it out to be. You don't just suspend players the second someone makes an allegation. You're supposedly black - you should know better than most that people get falsely accused of shit, like rape, all the time.

- I think you would have hated Don James had you been alive back then.

- Your argument about Altman and Hopkins is stupid. And, he wasn't really better than Altman even this year. Standing on this soap box and yelling so loudly given how the season played out is only something you can do. I can't think of a doogier person on doogman, other than krisvashon, who is actually mentally stunted. It's one thing to argue that Hopkins is a good young coach who seems to have a great trajectory ahead of him and who has done well at Washington. It's another thing to make the argument you are making, with the sample size you have. It speaks volumes about your thought process.

Altman is elite.

Hop is probably elite.