Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Obamacare Fact of the Day...

death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1 5 Awesomes
edited February 2014 in Tug Tavern

Comments

• Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Agree w/ a good portion of the things you post, but you've never heard the term "less is more"?

Also, replying to your own post is generally frowned upon here
  • Options
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sure Obamacare is causing job loss, but these are people that hated their jobs and always wanted to start a business. Now they can do that without having to worry about insurance. It's just a step toward the American Dream for these people.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,099
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The CBO report on Obamacare/The ACA does not say it will cause 2-2.5 million people to lose their jobs. It says some people will choose to work less to keep a subsidy for healthcare, rather than having to seek it from an employer. This includes the elderly, the chronically ill, new mothers, and others that are not "leaching." Feel free to read the report yourself:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1013002/cbo-labor-report.pdf
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

The CBO report on Obamacare/The ACA does not say it will cause 2-2.5 million people to lose their jobs. It says some people will choose to work less to keep a subsidy for healthcare, rather than having to seek it from an employer. This includes the elderly, the chronically ill, new mothers, and others that are not "leaching." Feel free to read the report yourself:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1013002/cbo-labor-report.pdf

I prefer my old friend, Art Laffer.

video.latino.foxnews.com/v/3155291842001/white-house-pushing-back-against-cbo-obamacare-report/
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Work less so Damone can buy your insurance. Awesome. The American fucking dream
  • Options
    Isn't this the guy that CD and his friends listened to regarding loaning mortgage money to people without jobs because "Everybody knows that real estate NEVER goes down".

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Sure Obamacare is causing job loss, but these are people that hated their jobs and always wanted to start a business. Now they can do that without having to worry about insurance. It's just a step toward the American Dream for these people.

You know ...

I actually had this argument used against me.

Free health insurance ... what a dream for the small business owner
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

You know ...

These fuckers are not capable of independent thought. They get up in the morning and memorize the Dem talking points for the day. Then they go repeat them while they brainwash mushy brains at Middlebury School for the Retarded.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

topdawgnc said:

You know ...

These fuckers are not capable of independent thought. They get up in the morning and memorize the Dem talking points for the day. Then they go repeat them while they brainwash mushy brains at Middlebury School for the Retarded.
    That's funny.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

You know ...

lul
  • Options
    edited February 2014

topdawgnc said:

You know ...

lul
    So, you're a member of a Latino fraternity? It must be that Diversity program at Middlebury? You let in the guy's son who Obama used for the Fast & Furious guns?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    There's actually a very recent court case in Idaho where the FTC brought suit against a Hospital System's acquisition of a primary care practice that has a very good chance to turn the entire healthcare world upside down in the US. Simply put, the FTC claimed that the acquisition (which would have given the Hospital System 80% of the primary care practices in the area) an unfair competitive advantage to hold insurance companies hostage for higher reimbursement rates as well as for ancillary procedures to be charged at the higher Hospital-based rates. The judge sided with the FTC even though he stated in his opinion that there was no direct evidence that the Hospital System made the acquisition for that reason AND that the Court believed the Hospital System's motivation behind the deal was to provide better patient outcomes.

Simply put, the trend in healthcare (led by Obamacare) has been a drive towards consolidation and the ability to cut down on heavily duplicative costs in the marketplace. For example, what used to be motivations provided to use IT technology are more requirements today. These systems are heavily expensive and difficult to implement as standalone organizations. Consolidation offers the ability to actually lower overall costs in the system ... although it is fair to point out that some of the consolidation offers higher costs in areas. Yet, the Court rules in a direction contrary to what the industry has been pushed in the direction of. It's kind of comical and many of my friends that are still in the healthcare/financial industry are busy banging their head against the wall as a result.

It's very possible that this case becomes a landmark case in the world of healthcare. Consolidation of the systems is actually not a bad thing as it can lower costs. Continuing the trend to making the cost (to patients) of procedures based on the underlying cost of providing the service plus a reasonable return isn't a bad way to look at things. Providing guidelines on maximum reimbursements and simplifying the bureaucratic nature of the industry will result in additional cost savings. The solutions aren't THAT far away. Having the courage to embrace the needed change has been far away for a while.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

You know ...

lul
    So, you're a member of a Latino fraternity? It must be that Diversity program at Middlebury? You let in the guy's son who Obama used for the Fast & Furious guns?
    lul