Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

6/22/19 - Might We Come To Remember?

Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
What the fuck just happened today? I scroll through the Twatterverse, and every time I refresh there's another photo of an elite-looking PSA flashing the Dubs with Pete, Lake, Junior, Boner, and Greggy.

Pete's wearing camo pants, offering sophomores-to-be, attracting top-end young talent from in- and out-of-state (please offer Troy Franklin within the next week or so), and Simon finally got his deserved offer.

Perhaps today represents a new day for Pete's killjoy stubborness and he's evolving? Or not. I don't know. But it feels different. I mean, he just offered like three 2022 lineman.

Hopefully McMillan feelzzz the fit and we can get this train rolling. Hell, everyone in that 2020/2021 #HometownHeroes pre-b-ball game photo is still in play.

Sell and sign 'em, baby!

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,492

You think Pete changed, or did he know what he was doing this entire time?

Pete knew but I don't think he fully understood or appreciated what needed to change for him to compete at the highest level. He is bringing in coaches who are naturally good at recruiting, and they are bringing in new ideas and energy that the BSU coaches lacked.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Pete knew but I don't think he fully understood or appreciated what needed to change for him to compete at the highest level. He is bringing in coaches who are naturally good at recruiting, and they are bringing in new ideas and energy that the BSU coaches lacked.
    Wait. Isn't this what Kum Guzzle said when UW hired Pete?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I think it's less that he didn't understand what he needed from a recruiter, and more that things are just so dynamic when it comes to recruiting. Look at Lubick as an example, one year he's pulling in a top 10 WR class, and then follows that up with nothing but dreck. Relationships differ so much class to class, and one false move can change the trajectory of an entire class.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2019
    Plus it was my birthday. 6-22 was a good day
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think the early signing day in December has forced Pete to change when he gives his offers out (big picture) to keep up with the bluebloods schools who have most of their class done b4 the season even starts.

Like it or not, they can't take their time and wait. That's why you've seen so many 2021/2022 kids offered this weekend. The game has become offer earlier and earlier.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Not sure where to put this, not in state, not 2020, probably does not deserve owen