Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Avantae Williams

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
I haven’t counted on Tae’s Commitment for quite awhile since I read something I don’t seem to be able to confirm. I read somewhere that Tae has a child. If this is so it makes no sense to leave Florida. I expect him to sign with Miami.

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2019/06/avantae-williams-oregon-ducks-commit-and-nations-no-1-safety-says-recruitment-is-open.html

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Oregon is a contender to land Williams in the class of 2020, but I wouldn’t even call them the favorite at this point.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    The writing is on the wall for two. We have four db verbals, we are supposedly taking four and looks like 2 are committing this week. Dillon Johnson and James Smith are committing this week and trending Oregon.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    The main reason I wanted Williams is because he has neck tats and two kids by 16, he’s already a grown man.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tae, I like to call him that.

Gtfo
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

The main reason I wanted Williams is because he has neck tats and two kids by 16, he’s already a grown man.

Not sure those two things qualify a kid as a "grown man". Both signs of immaturity and poor decision making skills.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,698
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Not sure those two things qualify a kid as a "grown man". Both signs of immaturity and poor decision making skills.
    Firstly, I think he was joking. We makes jokes outside of the hood.

Secondly, we? didn't mind when Curtis Williams ("I love you buddy!") was roaming the secondary in Montlake, and he had all kinds of judgment issues.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

The writing is on the wall for two. We have four db verbals, we are supposedly taking four and looks like 2 are committing this week. Dillon Johnson and James Smith are committing this week and trending Oregon.

Are your commits so flaccid that when they commit you have to clarify that they are "trending Oregon"?
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sources said:

lawsandl said:

Are your commits so flaccid that when they commit you have to clarify that they are "trending Oregon"?
    *You're

Secondly, we? didn't mind when Curtis Williams ("I love you buddy!") was roaming the secondary in Montlake, and he had all kinds of judgment issues.
    Joke didn't hit the mark if that was the case.

I was like 8 years old when Curtis Williams was at UW. Never saw any of those guys Neuheisel guys play. Williams certainly wouldn't be recruited by Petersen and company. Your current basketball coach knowingly played guys accused of gang rape.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    Sources said:

lawsandl said:

Oregon takes less than solid commits. I personally don’t care about the strategy as much as what the signed class looks like. I’ve seen the other side where a staff only allows solid commits and they are mystified about a flip with no real reason plan B in place. I also like having spots fill and focus on keeping the class together than completing the class at the end of the cycle.

I was like 8 years old when Curtis Williams was at UW. Never saw any of those guys Neuheisel guys play. Williams certainly wouldn't be recruited by Petersen and company. Your current basketball coach knowingly played guys accused of gang rape.
    Washington has some experience with that in both the football and basketball programs.

It's like you're a new fan or something.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Group sex does not equal gang rape. Don’t kink shame
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam

For the sake of pure schadenfreude, I read the whole damned police report after it was published somewhere. I had my pitchfork all sharpened and my torch all soaked in kerosene, but reading the report did not return the expected results. The more I read, the more I was both grossed out and surprised at how sympathetic I became to the players' defense. It's hard to draw any conclusion from the police report other than: 1.) This is filth that would tarnish even Sven's brand (NTTAWWT), and 2.) this was consensual filth that the girl later regretted. If you want to kick guys out of school or off a basketball team because they're "yucky," I guess that's up to the AD and the fans that buy tickets, but I couldn't see where any laws--or even school policies--were broken/violated.

There are roughly 85,000,000 gang bang videos on the internet. I'm sure at least a handful of the poor women in those videos regretted it after the fact. Some of these women were almost certainly legitimately drugged/coerced/etc. into doing something they didn't want to do, and this is a serious issue. The others were just victims of their own poor choices. The Oregon basketball case, at least by all available evidence, seems more like the latter than the former--and this coming from a total #metoo hippy liberal pussy who's very close to a victim of campus rape before it became a big issue. I REALLY wanted to hate those players based off the headlines, but it ended up being more of a "those guys are fucking gross" and move on kind of a thing.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

For the sake of pure schadenfreude, I read the whole damned police report after it was published somewhere. I had my pitchfork all sharpened and my torch all soaked in kerosene, but reading the report did not return the expected results. The more I read, the more I was both grossed out and surprised at how sympathetic I became to the players' defense. It's hard to draw any conclusion from the police report other than: 1.) This is filth that would tarnish even Sven's brand (NTTAWWT), and 2.) this was consensual filth that the girl later regretted. If you want to kick guys out of school or off a basketball team because they're "yucky," I guess that's up to the AD and the fans that buy tickets, but I couldn't see where any laws--or even school policies--were broken/violated.

There are roughly 85,000,000 gang bang videos on the internet. I'm sure at least a handful of the poor women in those videos regretted it after the fact. Some of these women were almost certainly legitimately drugged/coerced/etc. into doing something they didn't want to do, and this is a serious issue. The others were just victims of their own poor choices. The Oregon basketball case, at least by all available evidence, seems more like the latter than the former--and this coming from a total #metoo hippy liberal pussy who's very close to a victim of campus rape before it became a big issue. I REALLY wanted to hate those players based off the headlines, but it ended up being more of a "those guys are fucking gross" and move on kind of a thing.
    Go ahead and lynch the black cockus, racist bannon!
    edited June 2019

Washington has some experience with that in both the football and basketball programs.

It's like you're a new fan or something.
    You get a clean slate under new coaching staffs. Petersen and Hopkins are class acts. Altman is still at Oregon.
    edited June 2019

Point is, Altman had no idea if the accusation was legit or not. Any coach with integrity would suspend those players immediately and indefinitely until the investigation into the allegation is finished. He did nothing and allowed them to keep playing until the Oregon athletic department suspended the players themselves. That's some Art Briles shit.

Also, one of the players accused was under investigation for sexual assault at a previous school before transferring to Oregon. Altman is trash.

Point is, Altman had no idea if the accusation was legit or not. Any coach with integrity would suspend those players immediately and indefinitely until the investigation into the allegation is finished. He did nothing and allowed them to keep playing until the Oregon athletic department suspended the players themselves. That's some Art Briles shit.

Also, one of the players accused was under investigation for sexual assault at a previous school before transferring to Oregon. Altman is trash.
    Altman is a great coach. You'd shave your pussy to have him. Sometimes you gotta give credit where it's due.
    DJDuck said:

I haven’t counted on Tae’s Commitment for quite awhile since I read something I don’t seem to be able to confirm. I read somewhere that Tae has a child. If this is so it makes no sense to leave Florida. I expect him to sign with Miami.

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2019/06/avantae-williams-oregon-ducks-commit-and-nations-no-1-safety-says-recruitment-is-open.html

Miami is going to get this kid. Cook it!
    edited June 2019

Altman is a great coach. You'd shave your pussy to have him. Sometimes you gotta give credit where it's due.
    The hell I would! Hopkins was the conference coach of the year at UW his first two seasons as a head coach, took us from worst in the Pac to a tournament team in two years, and he's a monster recruiter. Fuck Altman. Hop is gonna spank Altman's pasty white ass this season.
    We all know this kid isn't going to Oregon. But I'll still enjoy it when he officially flips and Oregon's class ranking takes a hit.