Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fa'atui Tuitele, 5* 2019 DL, Honolulu (St. Louis), HI (COMMITTED)

1293031323335»

Comments

• BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    gonna miss that nasty face mask though. Too bad the NCAA are bitches about that
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

If not UW, which school would you have signed with?

"It would have been Ohio State, but Washington was where I wanted to be, so really it wasn't close."

What was an awkward or funny moment from the recruiting process?

"When I got offered by USC, my entire family are USC fans, so when I got the offer from them, my dad wanted me to commit on the spot, but I had to hold off and take a little bit more time. They are die-hard USC fans, but now I'm going to convert them to Washington fans."

Justin’s already converted IMO
    Woood
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2019
    Justin's dad knows that you can still be a fan of a school to honor your past allegiances or history.

He can plainly see that usc is not a good choice at this time for his son to be developed and to make the next level.

Especially after being injured his senior year.

Good chit.

I still can't believe we got him.

I can!

I keep referencing that interview he had around late junior year when the pro-usc interviewer was giving him softball questions about usc and shit. Faatui answered them in the usual controlled, guarded style that you usually get in recruiting sites. Nothing big and exciting ... just the usual 10.95 please.

The interviewer routinely asks what other pac12 schools he's interested in and Tuitele's affect brightened quickly, eyebrows opened up and he smiled and looked at the interviewer and said something to the extent of "I really like Washington and I want to get back there for sure and take an official, the coaches are awesome ..."

Right then the pro-usc guy shut down the question and redirected Faatui to more 'sc related stuff ... as they don't wanna have a prospect gushing about UW in a 'sc crooting site.

I knew right then and there he was a good chance of him coming to Washington barring any cups situations and shit ...

chuck said:

We got a chance with this guy?

I hear he's an sc lean ...
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Love Tuitele, but kind of a bummer seeing the kinds of injuries he's suffered. Makes his tape look even more insane, but maybe it reduces his chances of playing this season as his body gets healed.
    Glass is half full superiority guy here:
    Tuitele was a top-100 national recruit despite his most 2 important years of tape/camps being hounded by brutal upper body injuries.

He's fucking awesome. This dude is gonna be even better than we thought.

Holy lord. Pa'ama Tuitele Smalls and Latu on the same line would be so ridiculous.
    Wonder how he’s healing up from the multiple injuries he sustained. If he’s a full go in fall practice then i would assume he gets his 4 games in.