Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thots on current class

I'm not trying to put too much stock in prospect rankings, especially this early but...

Some of the current commits are gonna (or at least should) skyrocket after their senior seasons:

Redman is currently .8904 and ranked 351 nationally. The fuq? Any dumb fuck can put on the tape and see this kid is elite.

Gaaaaard is 600th, lol

Racanelli's offer sheet looks pretty damn good for 698th in the nation.

Discuss

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

Our win/loss record five years from now will tell me everything I need to know.

fact
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    FirePete said:

PurpleJ said:

Our win/loss record five years from now will tell me everything I need to know.

fact
    Truth
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Peterman said:

I'm not trying to put too much stock in prospect rankings, especially this early but...

Some of the current commits are gonna (or at least should) skyrocket after their senior seasons:

Redman is currently .8904 and ranked 351 nationally. The fuq? Any dumb fuck can put on the tape and see this kid is elite.

Gaaaaard is 600th, lol

Racanelli's offer sheet looks pretty damn good for 698th in the nation.

Discuss

In general TE and OL seem to be underrated quite a bit by the composite, probably more than any other position.
    I’m too lazy to actually do analysis but outside of QB, these positions seem to be the hardest to project due to the growth (literally) that takes place in CFB. The same is true for the NFL.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I think most of these HS recruiting analysts overrate production on the lines. I heard the results of a study recently that suggested most great college/pro linemen were under 275 in HS, but all these sites seem to rank the 320-lb. kids very highly because they see them pushing around smaller kids in games.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    RealRhino said:

I think most of these HS recruiting analysts overrate production on the lines. I heard the results of a study recently that suggested most great college/pro linemen were under 275 in HS, but all these sites seem to rank the 320-lb. kids very highly because they see them pushing around smaller kids in games.

More effective to incrementally add weight to a talented large frame individual than have some talented fat dude try to fit some image who's already used to pushing around way lighter opponents.