Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Finals MVP voting

About 10 years ago I watching an nba game, at the end of a quarter a player took a really tough 3 pointer with 30 seconds left. The announcer went nuts, crushing the player for taking the 3 early in the shot clock. He didn’t understand the concept of a 2 for 1. That announcer was Hubie Brown.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    VanVleet was huge tonight but no Hubie.

That guys is chinsanely old at this point isn't he?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    You could make a good argument for Van Vleet honestly ... still Kawhi but this wasn’t his greatest series
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

VanVleet was huge tonight but no Hubie.

That guys is chinsanely old at this point isn't he?

He’s a young 85.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Tequilla said:

You could make a good argument for Van Vleet honestly ... still Kawhi but this wasn’t his greatest series

Finals stats going into tonight-

Kawhi- 29 points 10 rebounds 4 assists 2 steals 1 block

Van Fleet- 12 points 2 rebounds 2 assists 1 steal

You’re the guy that said Toronto’s role players all sucked and would wilt under the game 6 pressure. Foh.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Going with Van Vleet would be the Iggy vote the first Warriors title

Kawhi was obviously their best player but from a moment standpoint he didn’t have a lot of instances and his best games were Raptors losses (not saying there is a direct relationship to that)
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Kawhi was obviously their best player but from a moment standpoint he didn’t have a lot of instances and his best games were Raptors losses (not saying there is a direct relationship to that)

I see the comparison but I thought it was a joke that Iggy won it.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,917
    Founders Club
    I love the fact that @allpurpleallgold is making use of the Not Your Best Effort reaction, since he was the originator of the phrase
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Iggy made all the crucial plays vs Lebrun that series in big moments. He was deserving if you paid attention. That was when delavedova was clevelands second option and lbj was nearly stealing the games by himself.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

Iggy made all the crucial plays vs Lebrun that series in big moments. He was deserving if you paid attention. That was when delavedova was clevelands second option and lbj was nearly stealing the games by himself.
    It wasn't robbery but Steph was more deserving. The Cavs entire strategy revolved around trying to slow down Steph. Iggy scored that series because no one guarded him because they were all to weary of Steph.

Iggy's defense was huge which is why I said it wasn't robbery. Steph was more valuable though.

In the same way last night when Kawhi got the ball with AI on him Draymond was often coming with help. When a team dedicates their two best defenders to one player, he's the MVP.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

It wasn't robbery but Steph was more deserving. The Cavs entire strategy revolved around trying to slow down Steph. Iggy scored that series because no one guarded him because they were all to weary of Steph.

Iggy's defense was huge which is why I said it wasn't robbery. Steph was more valuable though.

In the same way last night when Kawhi got the ball with AI on him Draymond was often coming with help. When a team dedicates their two best defenders to one player, he's the MVP.
    Look at the 2016 Finals where Lebron torched them. Look at what happened to Steph with Klay and Durant hurt this year. One great player with four very limited offensive players is easy to guard. Igoudala played great defense but the degree of difficulty was really low.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I love the fact that @allpurpleallgold is making use of the Not Your Best Effort reaction, since he was the originator of the phrase

You need moar excitement in your life, if that is truly the case.