Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Nick Herbig, 4* 2020 OLB, Honolulu (St. Louis), HI (Offered 9/27/18)

Comments

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

guntlove said:

Ballz getting taken behind the woodshed by @LaMichael_Corleone in this thread.

Not at all. Our ILB depth is loaded with elite talent and our ILB recruiting is very good right now. Anybody complaining about it is an idiot. I get it, it's cool to be negative about everything. That's what gets you likes and chins. But not everything is negative. Most of what is going on with the program and our recruiting is positive and trending up. Anybody who agrees with him is wrong and a spoiled little bitch crying over one recruit we literally don't fucking need at all. All the facts line up and clearly suggest UW passed on Herbig. But most of you would prefer to ignore those facts and believe a negative narrative that UW lost him to Wisconsin which isn't the case.
    We can all hear your yelps from behind the woodshed
    Refer to the Joey Hobert thread for my victory lap.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

guntlove said:

Not at all. Our ILB depth is loaded with elite talent and our ILB recruiting is very good right now. Anybody complaining about it is an idiot. I get it, it's cool to be negative about everything. That's what gets you likes and chins. But not everything is negative. Most of what is going on with the program and our recruiting is positive and trending up. Anybody who agrees with him is wrong and a spoiled little bitch crying over one recruit we literally don't fucking need at all. All the facts line up and clearly suggest UW passed on Herbig. But most of you would prefer to ignore those facts and believe a negative narrative that UW lost him to Wisconsin which isn't the case.

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    this is a loss but it's being blown way out of proportion. If we are really serious about him I doubt it's over either.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

guntlove said:

1. I can't even stand up straight in a fucking airplane lavatory. I'm a HUGE fucker.
    2. Her age was ambiguous. She was young looking enough to easily still be in high school. I don't play that shit.
    3. She wasn't bad enough to motivate me to even get her number.
    FirePete said:

guntlove said:

1. I can't even stand up straight in a fucking airplane lavatory. I'm a HUGE fucker.
    2. Her age was ambiguous. She was young looking enough to easily still be in high school. I don't play that shit.
    Don't spam the board fag.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

FirePete said:

guntlove said:

Don't spam the board fag.
    LOL
    The ballz on this guy
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dhdawg said:

this is a loss but it's being blown way out of proportion. If we are really serious about him I doubt it's over either.

I don’t think anyone’s really upset about losing a player, the only gripe is that Bob Gregory is a repeat offender at this point and this is just another feather in his shit cap.

No one is saying losing Herbig is going to cost us a Natty, losing Botelho and Herbig with Flowe having Arizona State in his top 12 and not UDUB with his best friend in the team on top of Camilo leaving, special teams sucking, Henry To’oto’o, and a Paopao like year of zero signees in 2017 while still being on staff is the only gripe I see people having.
    This. LMC en fuego, as usual.
    edited June 2019

So the coaches dropped a guy even tho they’ve had later offers out on guys who have barely sniffed us in Kourt Williams and McDonald? So who is the guy they’re dropping Herbig for? Flowe? Botelho?

Most of you would say Bruener right? But we haven’t offered hmmmmm I wonder why? Offering Bruener as a legacy who was in the (now infamous) junior day photo would seem like a lock to Herbig huh? Maybe they wanted Herbig to feel like the #1 guy after Botelho left & Bruener would make him question a team who just took 4 ILBs the year before and a legacy. So if we offer Bruener or anyone in this class is Herbig still a drop?

As for the supposed 2021 dream class, who is the player who has been the most discussed as the kid everyone can’t believe UDUB hasn’t offered? Julien Simon. What position is he being recruited at? Inside Linebacker. Seems weird to be offering Latu after Herbig’s commitment if we dropped Herbig. Washington was the one of if not the last of Keith Brown’s 8 offers. He got his UDUB offer after his Visit to his dream hometown school. Why would the coaches put this much into timing of 2021’s first offers if they just missed their first three offers in 2020?

Botelho, Flowe, and Herbig are by far the best three LBs in an ILB class we’ve had in quite some time. Flowe has a really close brother like relationship with Cam Davis and Botelho & Herbig were once licks at the Poly Bowl never even came on an all expenses paid trip to UDUB which is a bigger deal when from Hawaii.

Your first mistake you made was confusing inside guys with outside guys. They are two very different positions in this defense and are recruited separately by different position coaches.

Botelho and McDonald have nothing to do with Herbig because they're OLB recruits for us. UW has not only missed on Botelho at OLB, but Jaden Navarrette (for now) as well. Not to mention the Savell Smalls debacle. OLB recruiting sucks ass right now.

Justin Flowe was always a long shot. He wasn't interested enough so UW moved on. Maybe things will pick back up for him after he sees what UW's defense does this season, but that's just a dream right now.

Herbig was our only ILB recruit for a while. It's obvious UW cooled on him as they began to get out for Spring evaluations and see 2021 kids. He went from all over UW's nuts on Twitter and gushing about UW and Bob Gregory to all Wisconsin rather quickly because UW cooled on him and made that decision a lot easier. They would have brought him in for an official visit for one of these big recruiting weekends this month if they still wanted him. They didn't.

UW only recruited two ILB's in this class. One wasn't interested, they passed on the other, and you're all dramatic about it. We just brought in a loaded ILB class of FIVE guys in the 2019 class. We're fine if we don't take any ILB's in this class.

As far has Julien Simon goes, he has very little ILB film from his Sophomore year. The coaches need to see more to confirm he's what they're looking for at ILB. Also, I don't have any insider info on this but visually the kid's body has not progressed since he was in 8th grade. He needs to get in the weight room and go to work. His arms look weak af. That could be another factor holding up his UW offer. Trey Reynolds can bench press 325 pounds and squat 485 pounds as a 17 year old. That stuff matters not only because we want physically superior athletes, but also because we want guys that work their asses off. Is Julien Simon one of those guys? I don't know. If he is, I hope he gets the offer because he's very talented.

When you see a 4-star ILB recruit working on his academics to specifically EARN a UW offer, that's when you know ILB recruiting is in great shape. As long as UW handles their business on the field and stack their fourth straight 10+ win season on the others, they'll have their way with ILB recruiting for the 2021 class. No worries there.
    Botelho was an ILB who was recruited by Gregory and Coach K because they’re not good enough on their own. There’s a reason he was moved to ILB on sites after they spoke to him upon his recent visit with the coaches.

Please don’t try to educate me on the defense. Cory Littleton pis a starting MIKE in the NFL and played SAM at UDUB. Tevis Bartlett played outside for three years when all of you said he’s an inside guy. Kaho was a slotted at SAM as was Henry To’oto’o despite ILB body types. The best thing about a multiple set defense is that players play multiple variations, positions and learn everything. Pete’s NFL development isn’t just good because he says so, every player is cross trained physically & mentally to play multiple different techniques, not just coasting on what they’re good at.

I HATE position knit picking because it doesn’t matter just like saying Latu is too big to play BUCK. Sign the players you offered without having to go far down the initial list of offers because our coaches are sofa king good on the field that they will get guys in the best spot to succeed (unless it’s Paopao and Gregory)

If UW out of nowhere decides to offer another 2020 ILB soon after Herbig's commitment to the other UW, then you'll have a point and reason to gripe. But right now, it's looking like they won't take an ILB this class and never were in the market to take more than one. You bitch too much. Bitch about the shit that deserves being bitched about. This isn't one of them.
    Hey @StrongArmCobra suck my dick, mmmmk?
    They must like Bruener more than Herbig anyway.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

dhdawg said:

I don’t think anyone’s really upset about losing a player, the only gripe is that Bob Gregory is a repeat offender at this point and this is just another feather in his shit cap.

No one is saying losing Herbig is going to cost us a Natty, losing Botelho and Herbig with Flowe having Arizona State in his top 12 and not UDUB with his best friend in the team on top of Camilo leaving, special teams sucking, Henry To’oto’o, and a Paopao like year of zero signees in 2017 while still being on staff is the only gripe I see people having.
    Well when you put it like that......
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    so Herbig got suspended but Botelho didn't?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

so Herbig got suspended but Botelho didn't?

Brown Power!
  • DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,401
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Well there you have it ... Herbig is clearly not OKG ... dodged a bullet not getting that kid.

Trust the coaches!!

(Sarcasm alert.)
  • DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,401
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    And same for Botelho!!

Yeah ... same for him too!!