Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can't say I'm impressed with his abilities as a RB (I could be totally wrong), but I appreciate him as a person and wish him the best.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    vadawg said:

I can't say I'm impressed with his abilities as a RB (I could be totally wrong), but I appreciate him as a person and wish him the best.
    How can you watch his film and not be impressed?
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

vadawg said:

He's SO stiff, not very fast and his competition is "meh". I know Teq likes his league but I just watched a couple games there this past fall....it's not great. And IMO, Texas HS football is pretty overrated in comparison to what I see in LA, GA, SC or MS.....those boys are mammoth and fast!

On the positive side, I think he could be a mauler....but he just doesn't have much speed and the guys he's going to be up against are a lot bigger than what he's been running through. Another positive...he actually has good hip swivel, which is so weird with how stiff the rest of his body seems to be.

He seems like a good kid! But he's not a kid that's going to help us win a NC...and that's all I want at this point....level up..not even up.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    He has surprisingly good feet and balance for a guy his size, uses his blockers well and can find a hole. He reminds me of Mo Shaw and Rich Alexis.

That said, he’s a 4-6 yd a carry guy that lacks the high end gear to get to the second level. I’d rather have him than Pleasant.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    vadawg said:

vadawg said:

He's SO stiff, not very fast and his competition is "meh". I know Teq likes his league but I just watched a couple games there this past fall....it's not great. And IMO, Texas HS football is pretty overrated in comparison to what I see in LA, GA, SC or MS.....those boys are mammoth and fast!

On the positive side, I think he could be a mauler....but he just doesn't have much speed and the guys he's going to be up against are a lot bigger than what he's been running through. Another positive...he actually has good hip swivel, which is so weird with how stiff the rest of his body seems to be.

He seems like a good kid! But he's not a kid that's going to help us win a NC...and that's all I want at this point....level up..not even up.
    He’s definitely not a finished product ... strong as fuck is clear ... the narrative is that he isn’t fast but I didn’t see him getting caught much on his film

Waco is pretty fast strategy and there tend to be good players there ... LT May be the best RB ever and is from Waco

Being 4A means the larger schools are going to overlook him ... just the way Texas works ... it’s at the higher end of 4A leagues in the state

Let’s just say that I like his upside ... I like his film more than Newton who I liked as well ... at least more than most here
  • Options
    ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

He has surprisingly good feet and balance for a guy his size, uses his blockers well and can find a hole. He reminds me of Mo Shaw and Rich Alexis.

That said, he’s a 4-6 yd a carry guy that lacks the high end gear to get to the second level. I’d rather have him than Pleasant.

Rich Alexis was fast....
  • Options

Baseman said:

Rich Alexis was fast....
    He ran a high 4.7 when he arrived at Washington
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,913
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Rich Alexis was fast....
    I’m shocked by this.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,122
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Rich Alexis was fast....
    I’m shocked by this.

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Rich Alexis was fast....
    That’s pretty fast for being blazed. What was it when he was sober?
  • Options

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Rich Alexis was fast....
    That’s pretty fast for being blazed. What was it when he was sober?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I don’t think this guy could beat Michael j fox in a 40. Sweet pickup guys

He'll be gone once he meets Van Soderberg
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

He is faster than all the highly rated WA players everyone is yanking off
  • Options

He is faster than all the highly rated WA players everyone is yanking off
    Link?