Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Drinking at 6am

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019
    6pm CET sounds great, fuck all yall
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The Pac 12 should do a couple marquee match ups at 9. Not regional or ESPNU, FS1 bullshit. But ABC, ESPN or Fox. Everybody bitches about the late games and the overall lack of exposure for P12 football. This is the only way you can get the Midwest and EC to watch your conference plain and simple.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

Gladstone said:

I love the idea of 9am kickoffs.

The older crowd that stopped attending games because they don’t want to get home at 1am? They’d be back. The bandwagon ‘football-is-a-social-event’ younger crowd that wants to be elsewhere Saturday night? They’d attend in much greater numbers. Hardcore fans? Home by early afternoon and can watch the all of the other CFB games the rest of the day. Casual fans? Can still have most of their Saturday to do dumb non CFB things.

Showing your age here Gladdy. Hardcore disagree that the younger crowd would like this.

The Dawg Pack would be 80% empty for a 9am kickoff. Students, especially those who only go to games for the social aspect, aren’t going to wake their asses up that early on a Saturday. Same goes for most early 20s fans.
    80% of the dawgpack are casuals? If we have a rocking top 15 team they won’t show? It’s gotten worse than when I was there for Owen/early Sark then. We still had lots show up. First time I’ve felt old on this site haha.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

9 am kickoff? That gives people like an hourish to get fucked up. Fuck that

I'll get up at 4AM to get properly lubed. I can be home and passed out by 2PM. Fuck it.
    You really think the students are getting up in time after being railed the night before? Fuuuck no
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Fort Collins makes for some soft day drinkers.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

Gladstone said:

The older crowd that stopped attending games because they don’t want to get home at 1am? They’d be back. The bandwagon ‘football-is-a-social-event’ younger crowd that wants to be elsewhere Saturday night? They’d attend in much greater numbers. Hardcore fans? Home by early afternoon and can watch the all of the other CFB games the rest of the day. Casual fans? Can still have most of their Saturday to do dumb non CFB things.

Showing your age here Gladdy. Hardcore disagree that the younger crowd would like this.

The Dawg Pack would be 80% empty for a 9am kickoff. Students, especially those who only go to games for the social aspect, aren’t going to wake their asses up that early on a Saturday. Same goes for most early 20s fans.
    80% of the dawgpack are casuals? If we have a rocking top 15 team they won’t show? It’s gotten worse than when I was there for Owen/early Sark then. We still had lots show up. First time I’ve felt old on this site haha.
    The reality is that most of the casuals would rather watch Netflix hungover in bed than make it to the stadium by 9am.

It fucking sucks but that’s what this generation is about
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

Gladstone said:

The reality is that most of the casuals would rather watch Netflix hungover in bed than make it to the stadium by 9am.

Have you seen the latest season of The Great British Baking Show!? I rest my case.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

Gladstone said:

@NEsnake12 this is really chinsightful. I must confess I’m of two minds about the college student to late 20s demographic in the UW fan base:

1) They are the future of our fan base (teach them well...let them lead the waaayyyyy), so they should figure into any marketing/logistics plans. It saddens me that the Dawg Pack/student section got moved and these late kick offs cut into their party time.

Or...

2) Fuck ‘em. They can cut their hair, turn down their music, and get off my lawn. If they can’t show up consistently to watch a ranked team then UW should only worry about catering to the long time supporters that have been with the program through thick and thin.

I don’t pretend to have the answers, and like @1to392831weretaken said, the youngsters do show up when it counts...so that’s something!
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

Gladstone said:

@NEsnake12 this is really chinsightful. I must confess I’m of two minds about the college student to late 20s demographic in the UW fan base:

1) They are the future of our fan base (teach them well...let them lead the waaayyyyy), so they should figure into any marketing/logistics plans. It saddens me that the Dawg Pack/student section got moved and these late kick offs cut into their party time.

Or...

2) Fuck ‘em. They can cut their hair, turn down their music, and get off my lawn. If they can’t show up consistently to watch a ranked team then UW should only worry about catering to the long time supporters that have been with the program through thick and thin.

I don’t pretend to have the answers, and like @1to392831weretaken said, the youngsters do show up when it counts...so that’s something!
    As a parent of two RABID DWAG FANS in this age group (one sophomore, one recent grad about ready to start grad school on Mountlake) I know they would attend the 9 AM gaymes.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2019
    NEsnake12 said:

Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

Gladstone said:

@NEsnake12 this is really chinsightful. I must confess I’m of two minds about the college student to late 30s demographic in the UW fan base:

1) Fuck ‘em. They can cut their hair, turn down their music, and get off my lawn. If they can’t show up consistently to watch a ranked team then UW should only worry about catering to the long time supporters that have been with the program through thick and thin.

Or...

It is this simple. Actual fans show up for games. They do NOT make fucking excuses. Goes for EVERY FUCKING ONE. Not just lazy ass, entitled millenials. Or Post-game-orange-slices-every-one-gets-a-trophy students. It even goes for fucking parents. There are plenty of fucking activites for those other 46 fucking Saturdays a year. FB is FB. Husky HB is Husky HB
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,488
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

Gladstone said:

Yeah that's bullshit. I'd wake up hungover at 8 or 9 Saturday on Greek row and people would already be ripping bongs outside and prefunking to go see the Ty shitshow.

If the students are apathetic now it's because the student section seats are ass.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I'll get up at 4AM to get properly lubed. I can be home and passed out by 2PM. Fuck it.
    You really think the students are getting up in time after being railed the night before? Fuuuck no
    Well fuck them. I never missed a game my entire time at UW and I sport fucked with the best of them. Pussies.
    Duh. That’s what happens when half your student body is from China.
  • Options
    It’s the kids like me that don’t go to UW that care. All my UW friends couldn’t really give a shit. All my friends who couldn’t get in or went elsewhere suck UW football’s collective dick.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,512
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

NOGAF about the poor-ass students. That's why they got moved to the endzone. Not saying I supported that move. Don't twist.
  • Options

Swaye said:

NOGAF about the poor-ass students. That's why they got moved to the endzone. Not saying I supported that move. Don't twist.
    This is a retarded take.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Yogi roth sucks