Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Drinking at 6am

dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,929
5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
Swaye's Wigwam
Might not be much different than what some of you fucks do right now...

https://247sports.com/college/washington/Article/Pac-12-start-times-Oregon-USC-Washington-132654695/

I’ve heard it mentioned several times how some of our older alum said fuck season tickets when all the late starts and scheduling became the norm.

Does any body here think this could be an actual solution for getting more butts in seats? (I get the goal is national perception and exposure)

3 straight 10+ win seasons and I haven’t seen the annual times fluff piece on how off season ticket sales are booming. I feel like the opportunity to take over for sales exists here. I mean HH is already doing all of the branding and marketing.

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. Of course it’s from doogman
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    CFB has an attendance problem pretty much everywhere. 9 AM games would make it worse though.

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

9am is way better than anything after 3pm.

Have kids and you’ll change your kind. You have to be out of the house for all their shit until after 4-5pm on Saturday.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

9am is way better than anything after 3pm.

Have kids and you’ll change your kind. You have to be out of the house for all their shit until after 4-5pm on Saturday.
    Make their other dad tote them around for Saturday sports.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,599
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

I love the idea of 9am kickoffs.

The older crowd that stopped attending games because they don’t want to get home at 1am? They’d be back. The bandwagon ‘football-is-a-social-event’ younger crowd that wants to be elsewhere Saturday night? They’d attend in much greater numbers. Hardcore fans? Home by early afternoon and can watch the all of the other CFB games the rest of the day. Casual fans? Can still have most of their Saturday to do dumb non CFB things.

I’m not a morning person, but support this as well in lieu of the traditional 12:30pm kickoff. The biggest benefit in my mind is knowing consistently every week when the damn game is so you can plan your weekend.

Switch out beer/hotdogs for Bloody Marys/pancakes at the tailgates (hi @Swaye). Boom! Done!
    I like the way you think girl.

edit: I am of course down with pancakes, and all that implies, but I am warming to this idea of early kick offs and the thought of breakfast sausages, egg sandwiches and Mimosas!
    what does it imply
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,929
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

The older crowd that stopped attending games because they don’t want to get home at 1am? They’d be back. The bandwagon ‘football-is-a-social-event’ younger crowd that wants to be elsewhere Saturday night? They’d attend in much greater numbers. Hardcore fans? Home by early afternoon and can watch the all of the other CFB games the rest of the day. Casual fans? Can still have most of their Saturday to do dumb non CFB things.

I’m not a morning person, but support this as well in lieu of the traditional 12:30pm kickoff. The biggest benefit in my mind is knowing consistently every week when the damn game is so you can plan your weekend.

Switch out beer/hotdogs for Bloody Marys/pancakes at the tailgates (hi @Swaye). Boom! Done!

edit: I am of course down with pancakes, and all that implies, but I am warming to this idea of early kick offs and the thought of breakfast sausages, egg sandwiches and Mimosas!
    what does it imply
    That he likes vodka is his mornings to go with his ihop
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

what does it imply

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    9 am kickoff? That gives people like an hourish to get fucked up. Fuck that
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

9 am kickoff? That gives people like an hourish to get fucked up. Fuck that

I'll get up at 4AM to get properly lubed. I can be home and passed out by 2PM. Fuck it.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

Gladstone said:

Showing your age here Gladdy. Hardcore disagree that the younger crowd would like this.

The Dawg Pack would be 80% empty for a 9am kickoff. Students, especially those who only go to games for the social aspect, aren’t going to wake their asses up that early on a Saturday. Same goes for most early 20s fans.
    True, but we’re in a damned if we do, damned if we don’t situation. Late kick offs the Dawg Pack LEAVES! early (prompting the game day marketing team to have 3rd quarter giveaways like Dick’s burgers in a desperate attempt to try to bribe the students to stay).

Which returns us to @Meek’s earlier point about how our conference should’ve shit canned Champagne Larry a long time ago and gotten a better TV deal.

Believe you me, I sure as shit didn’t want to get up that early in my twenties. I don’t know what the sweet spot for kickoff times either to keep all segments of the fan base happy, but keeping things as they are isn’t a solution.