Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One Mystical Psychedelic Trip Can Trigger Lifelong Benefits

GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-athletes-way/201904/one-mystical-psychedelic-trip-can-trigger-lifelong-benefits

"The present study was undertaken to advance our understanding of both naturally occurring and psychedelic-occasioned religious experiences that are interpreted as an encounter with God (e.g., the God of your understanding), Higher Power, Ultimate Reality, or an Aspect or Emissary of God (e.g., an angel). [Nota bene: To simplify the writing of the present report, the term "God encounter experience" will be used as a label to refer to all four descriptive variants of these experiences. We have chosen to capitalize the word "God" to be consistent with the survey instructions and question wording.]

Most participants reported vivid memories of the encounter experience, which frequently involved communication with something having the attributes of being conscious, benevolent, intelligent, sacred, eternal, and all-knowing."

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I plan to send you some mescaline.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

I wish you were not fibbing. I allegedly have a cactus going.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Gwad said:

Swaye said:

I wish you were not fibbing. I allegedly have a cactus going.
    You chinspire me.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hated coming down more than I liked going up when it came to psychedelics

I did once get some fairly pure mescaline in high school that turned us into giggling idiots. It was good
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,778
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

#metoo
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,761
    Gwad said:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-athletes-way/201904/one-mystical-psychedelic-trip-can-trigger-lifelong-benefits

"The present study was undertaken to advance our understanding of both naturally occurring and psychedelic-occasioned religious experiences that are interpreted as an encounter with God (e.g., the God of your understanding), Higher Power, Ultimate Reality, or an Aspect or Emissary of God (e.g., an angel). [Nota bene: To simplify the writing of the present report, the term "God encounter experience" will be used as a label to refer to all four descriptive variants of these experiences. We have chosen to capitalize the word "God" to be consistent with the survey instructions and question wording.]

Most participants reported vivid memories of the encounter experience, which frequently involved communication with something having the attributes of being conscious, benevolent, intelligent, sacred, eternal, and all-knowing."

Life long is right. You take enough or accidentally take a large dose it can store in fat cells until years later and suddenly your on an unexpected trip.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Gwad said:

Life long is right. You take enough or accidentally take a large dose it can store in fat cells until years later and suddenly your on an unexpected trip.
    Dude is your ignorance a shtick or is this really how you interface with the world?
  • Options
    Gwad said:

Sledog said:

Gwad said:

Dude is your ignorance a shtick or is this really how you interface with the world?
    They told me otherwise.

https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-08/fyi-can-acid-trip-really-give-you-flashbacks
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Gwad said:

Sledog said:

Gwad said:

They told me otherwise.

https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-08/fyi-can-acid-trip-really-give-you-flashbacks
    Ya flashbacks from dosed fat cells. I see it now.................
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

Gwad said:

Sledog said:

Gwad said:

They told me otherwise.

It's a well-documentated phenomenominon.

And Psychology Today is the source? What scholarship.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Gwad said:

Sledog said:

Gwad said:

They told me otherwise.

No the original statement of "Life long is right. You take enough or accidentally take a large dose it can store in fat cells until years later and suddenly your on an unexpected trip." by Sledog is grossly inaccurate no exceptions.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,586
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I only took shrooms once. Was positive I'd been on a sweet journey with my Bros all night

Turns out I was doing grass angels in the nearest green belt
  • Options
    Gwad said:

Sledog said:

Gwad said:

Sledog said:

Gwad said:

They told me otherwise.

No the original statement of "Life long is right. You take enough or accidentally take a large dose it can store in fat cells until years later and suddenly your on an unexpected trip." by Sledog is grossly inaccurate no exceptions.
    Link?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Gwad said:

Sledog said:

Gwad said:

Sledog said:

Gwad said:

They told me otherwise.

Link?
    Your article does not support your position.

• Options
    Gwad u r a fag
  • Options

Gwad u r a fag

I'm sorry that this information threatens your fragile ego.
  • Options
    Gwad said:

Gwad u r a fag

Everything threatens my ego.

It's what happens when you have one

Pussy
  • Options

Gwad said:

Gwad u r a fag

Pussy
    Ok
  • Options
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad u r a fag

Pussy
    Ok
    Passive agressiveness is another sign of low testosterone