Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ranking the Best backfields for the 2019 College Football Season

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Bleacher report is your source?
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2019
    Source for what? You sound like this should be a kind of political debate with proofs etc. It’s a fuckin’ opinion piece. It doesn’t make it wrong or right for crying outloud. It doesn’t take much to trigger you snowflakes.

I believe this is a site for Duck fans to talk about Duck stuff. Hell this is just an opinion piece like hundreds of other opinion pieces.

This is to generate repartee, not have people use logical fallacies to denigrate some site.

I guess anything from Bleacher report should be attacked. Grow up it’s someone’s opinion that I thought other Ducks would appreciate.

You may eschew your personal edification but the article has a lot of information about a lot of teams that I dare say none of us knew all of the factual information presented in the article.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    People with Asperger’s are not as ignorant as you. I have taught them over the years. Nice and mature of you to denigrate a group of handicapped people. Some people afflicted with Asperger’s become college graduates Einstein.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I'm not sure what to make of you trying to make the Duck Refuge an actual message board.

Like, I kind of respect it. It would be kind of cool if hardcore husky was the #1 Oregon Ducks board

But it really takes a special kind of insanity to actually attempt whatever it is you're doing. I don't know, good luck I guess.

Agree!

Unless it’s apart of his evil Duck plan to flood the Recent Discussions with thread upon thread of Quook propaganda.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Silly me and I thought this was a forum for Duck fans. But hey if Huskies need to come here to fling inane insults rather than discuss things I wonder why you even bother to be here. There are plenty of sights for you to spew your propaganda like Oregon’s 2019 recruiting class was overrated or denigrating handicapped people.

Isn’t this forum for ”Educk Refugees yearning to be free”? Or maybe this is a forum for jealous butthurt huskies that just want to attack other people and be disagreeable.

Hell I spent years on The Wooodshed with Bob, Race, Westlinn etc. slapping around ignorant liberals. I thought this was about Duck sports. I’m game for anything. I have all the time in the world and I’m not afraid of all most anything. If you expect me to back off and go away when you are flinging shit you are sadly mistaken. Only Derek will shut me up.

I love to post New Duck info to Duck fans. If that makes your pussies twitch why are you here unless you want reasonable conversation?
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    DJDuck said:

Silly me and I thought this was a forum for Duck fans. But hey if Huskies need to come here to fling inane insults rather than discuss things I wonder why you even bother to be here. There are plenty of sights for you to spew your propaganda like Oregon’s 2019 recruiting class was overrated or denigrating handicapped people.

Isn’t this forum for Educk Refugees.

Inane insults are our bread and butter around here!

In all seriousness, I did mean what I said about wishing you luck with keeping the Duck Refuge active. We accept all fandoms around here...but that doesn’t mean we don’t enjoy giving our brethren from Eugene a hard time every now and then.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Thanks doog. I can handle it. Some of it is just so silly. I don’t post here to needle Husky fans with Duck news. If I wanted to do that I would be on another forum instead of here. After the implosion of Educk Derek was nice enough to open up this forum and I appreciate it.

You made me stop and think. I’m way to involved in this thread, thanks. I will leave it to others. 😁
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,037
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Total joke of a list. Oregon has the most shit ass running back group in the conference.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

El oh fucking el do you have Aspergers or what?

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @DJDuck is older than I am if you can believe it

I've been impressed as he figures out the inside jokes here and starts to fit in more

Yes the duck refuge board was kind of a joke but it was also to get more 24/7 posters here regardless of school which going back to the Pit was kind of the point of the subversive boreds

I think we will end up being glad it is here if both schools finally get good at the same time.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dtd said:

Total joke of a list. Oregon has the most shit ass running back group in the conference.

Uh, I wouldn't go that far.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited June 2019
    Did you watch the game last year? Did you see how many times our pass rush had Browning for a loss, but he was able to slip out of tackles, extend the play and eventually make the play? Eason is a statue who is nowhere near as elusive as Browning was. Eason is going to find himself sacked for a ton of yards and stalled drives. Yes Eason has a big arm, but he's inaccurate and not the best decision maker. Not to mention he hasnt played competitive football in over two years. He's another one in a long line of overrated QB's to come from the state of Washington.

And this is if he even gets the starting job. I'm sure he'll get the nod because he and his family would threaten transfer if he didn't, but me thinks you'll be wishing you had old Browning after seeing a few games of Eason. And you lost a few of your best DL. You think some freshman and redshirt freshman with zero experience are going to be able to make the difference? And your pass rush has sucked for years. It won't be any different this year. I know you think Tyrion(or whatever his name is) and Ngata are going to breakout, but they didn't even show glimpses last year. Now there all of a sudden going to be elite pass rushers?

And then you lost your two best LBs in Birr-Kirven and Bartlett and you replace them with a couple of dudes who are injury prone and haven't done shit to this point. Again, are you hoping some freshman make all the difference? And then there's your secondary. You return one starter. The guy who took a cheap shot at Penei. He was the least talented of your starting DBs last year and he's the only returning starter. Molden is good, but not Murphy good. Losing Rapp is a big deal. Your D will still be good because of coaching, but probably not top 10-15 good like it's been for a few years.

Your offense sucked last year and you lose your four year record setting starting QB, your four year RB who was very, very good. Ahmed is okay, but he's nowhere near the back Gaskins is. Your receivers are average. Bryant is a good TE, but how good coming off of two torn ACLs? The same can be said for Adams on the OL. Tyler Johnstone was a freshman All-American at tackle for us, but then he dealt with a couple ACL injuries and was never the same player after that. Adams will most like regress and that's if he can stay healthy. Then you lost your best OL in McGary.

You have you head in the sand or somewhere else if you think UW will be as good this year and you're bat shit crazy if you think you will be better. You sound like a bunch of Duck fans before the '16 season. The writing was on the wall, but we were blinded by several years of success. You've had a few okay years, but you lost a ton of production. Best of luck with that.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Baseman said:

Did you watch the game last year? Did you see how many times our pass rush had Browning for a loss, but he was able to slip out of tackles, extend the play and eventually make the play? Eason is a statue who is nowhere near as elusive as Browning was. Eason is going to find himself sacked for a ton of yards and stalled drives. Yes Eason has a big arm, but he's inaccurate and not the best decision maker. Not to mention he hasnt played competitive football in over two years. He's another one in a long line of overrated QB's to come from the state of Washington.

And this is if he even gets the starting job. I'm sure he'll get the nod because he and his family would threaten transfer if he didn't, but me thinks you'll be wishing you had old Browning after seeing a few games of Eason. And you lost a few of your best DL. You think some freshman and redshirt freshman with zero experience are going to be able to make the difference? And your pass rush has sucked for years. It won't be any different this year. I know you think Tyrion(or whatever his name is) and Ngata are going to breakout, but they didn't even show glimpses last year. Now there all of a sudden going to be elite pass rushers?

And then you lost your two best LBs in Birr-Kirven and Bartlett and you replace them with a couple of dudes who are injury prone and haven't done shit to this point. Again, are you hoping some freshman make all the difference? And then there's your secondary. You return one starter. The guy who took a cheap shot at Penei. He was the least talented of your starting DBs last year and he's the only returning starter. Molden is good, but not Murphy good. Losing Rapp is a big deal. Your D will still be good because of coaching, but probably not top 10-15 good like it's been for a few years.

Your offense sucked last year and you lose your four year record setting starting QB, your four year RB who was very, very good. Ahmed is okay, but he's nowhere near the back Gaskins is. Your receivers are average. Bryant is a good TE, but how good coming off of two torn ACLs? The same can be said for Adams on the OL. Tyler Johnstone was a freshman All-American at tackle for us, but then he dealt with a couple ACL injuries and was never the same player after that. Adams will most like regress and that's if he can stay healthy. Then you lost your best OL in McGary.

You have you head in the sand or somewhere else if you think UW will be as good this year and you're bat shit crazy if you think you will be better. You sound like a bunch of Duck fans before the '16 season. The writing was on the wall, but we were blinded by several years of success. You've had a few okay years, but you lost a ton of production. Best of luck with that.

Call me cynical, but I'm thinking this is not your post.