Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Veterans walk out of meeting with AOC.

Comments

• Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    What is SFGbob doing here? This place is for people that don't have all the answers and are angry about it.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

A Vietnam vet who probably still thinks the rice farmers he killed deserved it and a NYPD cop. Think I’ll take AOC on this one.

Can you democrats get any more disrespectful? You punk assed bitch you wouldn't dare say that to the face of the veterans I know. They would kick you internet tough guy ass for saying disrespectful things like that about our veterans. My guess is it was your parents spitting on returning soldiers.
    This is the post that started the spitting narrative. HTH but I know it won't.
    Hondo's is so fucking stupid he didn't know that the reference to spitting on soldiers was to returning Vietnam Vets. He thought people were talking spitting on Vets today or in the past 20 years.

Sweet Geezus what a dumbfuck.
    Are you really that stupid?
    No, but you are:

My father in law wears his Vietnam vet hat often. In the 23 years I've known him. There's easily over 100 times I've seen someone thank him for his service. Not once has anyone ever been rude to him in any way. This is in Seattle, Montana, Spokane, southern California, and Phoenix over the years.

Dumbfuck
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

My dad was drafted into Vietnam, served in the special forces in some of the worst shit you can imagine, and then went to UW and was a lot more than spit on by anti-war protesters. To this fucking day, he is reluctant to tell people he doesn't know of his veteran status because of the stigma that surrounded being a Vietnam veteran in that era.

I have no doubt you'll dismiss or rationalize this to fit your worldview. Sincerely, go fuck yourselves.

My father in law wears his Vietnam vet hat often. In the 23 years I've known him. There's easily over 100 times I've seen someone thank him for his service. Not once has anyone ever been rude to him in any way. This is in Seattle, Montana, Spokane, southern California, and Phoenix over the years.
    No one’s saying that Vietnam veterans were getting spit on from 1996-2019, they’re saying they got spit on in the 70’s. Are you really this obtuse? Don’t answer, it was rhetorical.
    Listen here shitdick. Look at the post I was responding to. And yes many people in this thread commented on how vets are treated.
    Ok, I’m going to type this slowly so you can get it. There is a narrative that returning Vietnam vets were spit on and harassed by angry hippies. HardlyClothed is saying it didn’t happen and we? are saying it did. This is the entire tangent of spitting on veterans.

From personal experience I can tell you that America learned a lesson from how they treated the Vietnam vets and the pendulum swung the other way. When I returned from Desert Storm, Iraq, and Afghanistan I was repeatedly thanked, to the point of uncomfortable embarrassment. Although, I was single during Desert Storm and the ladies showed their gratitude in Throbber approved ways (make sure you thank your mom for me). So it’s not surprising that you haven’t witnessed your FIL get harassed during this timeframe because it’s different now*.

*edited to add: although spitting on veterans still happens, I suspect it has more to do with politics than anti-troop sentiment.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,749
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Two incidents reported on in the early 1970s.

In the Dec. 27, 1971, CBS News segment, Pickett tells reporter Dean, “Man, I got into the airport and these two dudes walked up—one of them spit at me.”

In a June 2, 1971, Washington Post article, Minarik says that hours after his Dec. 10, 1968, discharge from the Army, two people spat on him as he walked an Oakland, Calif., street.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2007/03/vietnam-vet-delmar-pickett-jr-stands-by-his-spit-story-from-35-years-ago.html

And the articles relates how there are discrepancies now than with Pickett’s original telling, and that it shares the same outline as the urban myth: returning from the airport, hippie spit in them, wanted to change into civilian clothing ASAP. You walked right into it Bob you dumbass.
    Dumbfuck, you claimed that these spitting stories only started to crop up in the 1980s. I just provided you with evidence of two these spitting stories from 1971. You lied Kunt.
    The myth that started in the 80s is that treatment of returning vietnam vets was terrible on the whole. That it was widespread. That’s untrue. You found two accounts from the 70s where the vets give sketchy accounts of being spit on that follow the outline of the myth. And the other was a fight at a high school football game. Wow kids never fight at high school football games. You’re so full of shit all the time.
    What's your birth year, HC?

He's only tree years old!
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

My dad was drafted into Vietnam, served in the special forces in some of the worst shit you can imagine, and then went to UW and was a lot more than spit on by anti-war protesters. To this fucking day, he is reluctant to tell people he doesn't know of his veteran status because of the stigma that surrounded being a Vietnam veteran in that era.

I have no doubt you'll dismiss or rationalize this to fit your worldview. Sincerely, go fuck yourselves.

No one’s saying that Vietnam veterans were getting spit on from 1996-2019, they’re saying they got spit on in the 70’s. Are you really this obtuse? Don’t answer, it was rhetorical.
    Listen here shitdick. Look at the post I was responding to. And yes many people in this thread commented on how vets are treated.
    Chinned for the alpha response
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

Ok, I’m going to type this slowly so you can get it. There is a narrative that returning Vietnam vets were spit on and harassed by angry hippies. HardlyClothed is saying it didn’t happen and we? are saying it did. This is the entire tangent of spitting on veterans.

From personal experience I can tell you that America learned a lesson from how they treated the Vietnam vets and the pendulum swung the other way. When I returned from Desert Storm, Iraq, and Afghanistan I was repeatedly thanked, to the point of uncomfortable embarrassment. Although, I was single during Desert Storm and the ladies showed their gratitude in Throbber approved ways (make sure you thank your mom for me). So it’s not surprising that you haven’t witnessed your FIL get harassed during this timeframe because it’s different now*.

*edited to add: although spitting on veterans still happens, I suspect it has more to do with politics than anti-troop sentiment.
    Again. Look at doing bots post. He said, to this day his dad won't tell people of his veteran status. That is what I was responding to. You read worse than Bob does.

And you think people still spit on veterans? Da fuq in wrong with you?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

Again. Look at doing bots post. He said, to this day his dad won't tell people of his veteran status. That is what I was responding to. You read worse than Bob does.

Read it again fucktard.

Hi there dumbfucks,

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

Dumbfuck thought people were saying Vietnam Vets are being abused and spit on today. Double down dumbfuck, double down.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

Hey dummy, I posted a video of it. Top of page 5, on this thread.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,834
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Can't wait until June 6 when the neo-Progressives come out from under their rocks to tell us the GG were wrong to invade the beaches at Normandy because of whatever revisionism they were indoctrinated with in their google skillz class....

Link?

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

Hey dummy, I posted a video of it. Top of page 5, on this thread.
    Despite the fact that Hondo loves to demand links, he doesn't actually read and or view what is linked.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

Dumbfuck thought people were saying Vietnam Vets are being abused and spit on today. Double down dumbfuck, double down.
    Read two posts before yours and the post right after yours Bob. Dumbfuck
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I wasn't alive back then, but is this similar to when Tea Party members were spitting on Democratic Congressman?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

He’s almost certainly lying about his treatment by anti-war protestors at UW and is probably just another right-wing dipshit, like his kid, who fabricated those details for the sake of hippie-punching.
    Bingo, glad you can continue to show your colors and illustrate what the Left has to offer. I'm actually glad you are here in the Tug for that purpose.
    I’m a Lib. Kennedy and LBJ shouldn’t have sent our boys to Nam. Many thanks and respect to those who served and defended my rights to be a Dem. Crawling around in a dank swamp in 100 heat and humidity dodging water snakes, mosquitos and the Cong was no joke.

So Fuck off Hardly Clothed. The vitriol our Nam vets got returning home was real and undeserved. Ask a real Nam vet what they think of Jane Fonda. That will tell you all you need to know.
    Classy poast. Classy poaster.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

That was an Iraq war vet, not a Vietnam vet. And, as I said earlier, likely had more to do with politics than veteran status.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

You mean your post where you fucked strawman ass?

The issue is about painting liberals as people who hated soldiers and spit on them every chance they could get.

Or the one where you stuck your head up your ass and thought anyone was talking about spitting on Vietnam Vets in the past 23 years?

Liar and dumbfuck.
  • Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    Baseman said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

He’s almost certainly lying about his treatment by anti-war protestors at UW and is probably just another right-wing dipshit, like his kid, who fabricated those details for the sake of hippie-punching.
    Bingo, glad you can continue to show your colors and illustrate what the Left has to offer. I'm actually glad you are here in the Tug for that purpose.
    I’m a Lib. Kennedy and LBJ shouldn’t have sent our boys to Nam. Many thanks and respect to those who served and defended my rights to be a Dem. Crawling around in a dank swamp in 100 heat and humidity dodging water snakes, mosquitos and the Cong was no joke.

So Fuck off Hardly Clothed. The vitriol our Nam vets got returning home was real and undeserved. Ask a real Nam vet what they think of Jane Fonda. That will tell you all you need to know.
    The “vitriol” Vietnam vets faced returning home was mostly a fabrication developed decades later as demonstrated in this thread. Most people were happy to see their family and peers return alive. Jane Fonda still? Fuck you for falling for that revisionist bullshit and doing an actual disservice to vietnam vets by misrepresenting their experience.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I wasn't alive back then, but is this similar to when Tea Party members were spitting on Democratic Congressman?

LEAVE!!!!

You don't have the intellect, humor or self awareness to be here. And take all of your faggot Shed poasty come lately buddies with ya.
  • Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

The mistreatment Vietnam faced was’t not being thanked enough. It was a lack of services provided by veterans orgs and the government to deal with the horrific physical and mental damage caused by the war. The infrastructure of which is now better but not a whole lot.