Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake - Alpha Male

Theres a 247 article about Asa Turner's commitment. Asa talks about how he was going back and forth and finally Jimmy Lake paid him a visit, didnt feed him any bullshit but just said, "You need to man up and make a decision. We need to move on to other guys if you're not in." After that Asa's decision was made.

Comments

• Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    It's even more impressive that Jimmy was straight up with him after Asa was a backstabbing little bitch.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Jimmy is the best DB coach in this side of Mississippi (if not the nation).
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Good sign of the relationship they'll have going forward, Asa clearly respects Lake from a personality standpoint rather than an "I'll get drafted" one.
  • Options
    Bread said:

Hopefully you can post this again next year.

Theres a 247 article about Sa'vell Smalls' commitment. Smalls talks about how he was going back and forth and finally Jimmy Lake paid him a visit, didnt feed him any bullshit but just said, "You need to man up and make a decision. We need to move on to other guys if you're not in." After that Smalls' decision was made.

Isn’t ikaika running point on smalls?
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FirePete said:

Bread said:

Theres a 247 article about Sa'vell Smalls' commitment. Smalls talks about how he was going back and forth and finally Jimmy Lake paid him a visit, didnt feed him any bullshit but just said, "You need to man up and make a decision. We need to move on to other guys if you're not in." After that Smalls' decision was made.

Probably but I assume the lake is in contact with all the top defensive targets.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,944
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

FirePete said:

Bread said:

Probably but I assume the lake is in contact with all the top defensive targets.
    Let’s hope so
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    FirePete said:

Bread said:

No one is running point on Smalls. Was that not evident by his displeasure lol?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    And you assholes said I was full of shit after I posted Turner called Jimmy just before the first signing day and told him he was gonzo and Jimmy got him to wait.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Baseman said:

And you assholes said I was full of shit after I posted Turner called Jimmy just before the first signing day and told him he was gonzo and Jimmy got him to wait.

Im sorry baseman I love you and I was just talking about your amazing rose bowl appearance this weekend, but this doesn't make any sense. Jimmy got him to wait by telling him to hurry up so we can move on from you?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

Im sorry baseman I love you and I was just talking about your amazing rose bowl appearance this weekend, but this doesn't make any sense. Jimmy got him to wait by telling him to hurry up so we can move on from you?
    Both. On signing day Jimmy told him to wait and rethink his decision. Then Turner drug it out, waffled, then Jimmy told him to man up and make a decision.

That was my take all along. Things change. Make a decision. He visited both schools. Listened to their individual pitches. He liked UW because of Jimmy then said he doubted Washington—as if they, Jimmy, lied to him—because ND told him he was a LB.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511

Theres a 247 article about Asa Turner's commitment. Asa talks about how he was going back and forth and finally Jimmy Lake paid him a visit, didnt feed him any bullshit but just said, "You need to man up and make a decision. We need to move on to other guys if you're not in." After that Asa's decision was made.

This could be taken out of context of this wording starts to spread. Just sayin.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

FirePete said:

Bread said:

My working theory on Smalls is that he wanted to go to Clemson or the SEC and play REAL football before falling hard for the #HometownHero line and then realizing if he went anywhere other than UW he’d never be able to effectively “rep for Seattle” ... he needed an out

Smalls has also said in the past that he realizes that going to Oregon will also not put him in good graces in Seattle ... so he’s never going there ... but they are in the mix purely to try to sabotage UW ... so they say some shit that obviously isn’t true and it’s able to be turned into the “out” that Smalls needs to cool off #HometownHero while having a narrative behind it that at least some will buy in Seattle

That’s my working theory because the existing narrative makes absolutely no sense
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

For Jimmy's next magic trick, I want to see him somehow get Zion Alefosio academically qualified. That would be his biggest heist yet as because even though I liked him more than Ransom, outside of Covington and Esteen we're pretty fucked at a position already lacking depth.

Paster?
  • Options

FirePete said:

Bread said:

who the fuck are you?