Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Some watch shots

Comments

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Swaye that is one impressive collection. How much wampum (or beads) invested in those? Being the guy that got pissed when they told me I had to come to work instead of working from home, so I quit, $$$$$$ for watches is not in my future. But it sure is fun when someone asks me why I quit "I had to because they wanted me to come to work."

delivered cheap broken watches

The Seiko is the one that the face was rotated so the 12 was at 2, the other cheap one I can't remember but I was looking for something out in the shop and stumbled upon it.
    Not pictured is one that I noticed I wasn't wearing after making a run to the dump. Not going back to look for it, that is like trying to retrieve a $1 from an outhouse -
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    @LebamDawg I like that your "cheap broken watches" collection is still more well photographed than mine. Nice work. Speaking of work, good call on not doing any. I respect that position.

As far as beads, I have traded thousands of beads for my collection. What I paid is always hard to figure, because most of my watches come to me as part of trades of other watches. Some of them are straight AD purchases new though. Better to just tell you what they are worth now. The 2 liner Sub is almost 20 years old and can be had all day long for 7-7.5K in that condition. The Daytona is probably worth 20K because of the dial combo. The Hulk I bought new in Switzerland in 2017 for 9K USD. Worth 15K all day long now because the new Rolex market is so juiced right now. The Milgauss can be had all day long for 7.5-8K in like new condition. The Kermit is the most collectible of the bunch - probably somewhere around 22.5-25K is best guess on retail number on that one. It's a one year only anniversary model with one year only Flat 4 bezel insert from 2003. Quite collectible.

I can tell you my collection is worth more than I paid for it. By quite a bit. Not trying to sell watches as an investment, but lately they have produced returns like a really good investment. I think it is a bubble to be honest, brought on by Instagram and the China market, but who knows. If you buy right, you are always pretty safe with Rolex...which is why all of my older watches like Breitlings and Zeniths and Omegas have been converted into Rolex in trades.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Founders Club
    I love this thread.
    Founders Club

This is what you get when you drag my pour ass into this thread.

I know collectors who collect nothing but G shocks. Some are quite valuable.
    Founders Club

Quite honestly, you guys are slipping. No one has commented on the time displayed on my watch. It actually took some effort to take the pic at that precise time.

You chinspire me.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Love everyone's pictures of their watches, be it cheap (mine) or ritzy (the redman) this thread delivers. For some reason I like @PurpleThrobber's pictures the best...
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I'm currently wearing an SKX on a bond strap
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I'm currently wearing women's clothing

J?
    Founders Club

Quite honestly, you guys are slipping. No one has commented on the time displayed on my watch. It actually took some effort to take the pic at that precise time.

You realize you could set the watch to 7:11 at any time during the day, right?

Yes, but that would have been cheating.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm currently wearing women's clothing

pics or gtfo

No flesh watches posted. A bit disappointed.

Also I envision @Swaye wears these with his 8 Ball leather jacket. Timeless really.
    Founders Club

Fuck.....time to save another thread.

So fun fact @PurpleThrobber , Cindy Crawford’s niece is on the UW Women’s Row Boat Team.
    Link?