Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    His thighs are fucking water coolers
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ccharanza said:

This kid is my neighbor and he isn't the fastest guy on the field, although he's not anywhere close to the slowest. He does have good pull away speed once he is in the open field but the thing that has impressed me the most watching him play is his balance and ability to get through the hole and break tackles. At 1st glance he doesn't look like a big hulked up kid but his lower body is built like a tank. I can't tell you the amount of times i've seen him work through a hole off balance and stay on his feet and just run right through tacklers.

Where’s @ccharanza ?
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Domicillo said:

ccharanza said:

This kid is my neighbor and he isn't the fastest guy on the field, although he's not anywhere close to the slowest. He does have good pull away speed once he is in the open field but the thing that has impressed me the most watching him play is his balance and ability to get through the hole and break tackles. At 1st glance he doesn't look like a big hulked up kid but his lower body is built like a tank. I can't tell you the amount of times i've seen him work through a hole off balance and stay on his feet and just run right through tacklers.

Where’s @ccharanza ?
    I was just about to summon him.

As a fellow neighbor, please come back @ccharanza !!!
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    So if Sunday is LenDale White, where is our Reggie Bush?
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BBB is what we needs
    Baseman said:

So if Sunday is LenDale White, where is our Reggie Bush?

Dick Newton....duh
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited May 2019

Good stuff from his head coach back in February:

"He's a really, really special football player," Anderson said. "We leaned on him heavily this last season. He carried it 300 times in 12 ball games for 2,400 yards and 36 touchdowns. Very, very physical runner. Just an overall hardworking kid. He lives in the weight room. Very, very strong."

Sunday has a 305-pound bench press, 565 squat and 530 dead lift (he later increased the deadlift to 570). He placed first in a local power lifting event in the 198-pound weight division and is now headed to the regionals.

He attributes his strength for the reason he is tough to bring down.

"I'm able to run through a lot of people because of how strong I am," Sunday said. "You're not going to tackle me 1-on-1, you're going to have to gang-tackle me. I think I have a lot of power in my legs, too."

He had a best of 22.1 seconds in the 200 meters as a sophomore, while also running legs on the school's 400 and 800 relays.

"He was the first leg of our 4x200 that went to Austin last year as a sophomore," Anderson said.

"He ran a low 22 out of the blocks. He's just a very, very talented kid."

As a junior, Sunday was named the District 8-4A Division II Offensive MVP while also being named the Waco Tribune-Herald's Super Centex Offensive Player of the Year. He's the school's all-time rushing leader and all-time touchdown leader with his senior season left to play.

Sunday has a 3.0 grade-point average and plans to major in sports science.

"He's a great kid, A, B student in the classroom," Anderson said. "He does everything we ask him to do. Like I said, he's just an extremely hard, hard worker."

Also, his banner picture on Twitter is now just a picture of him and Coach Pete. Doog boner rising to maximum levels.

Also there's this:

But I was told UW only recruits preppy kids from private schools and two-parent, upper class backgrounds?...

The more I learn about him, the more I like him. He seems like a great, hard working kid who's been through some adversity in his life but pushes through it and remains a positive person. OKG.
    Nobody except maybe vadawg thinks CP is intentionally racist or only targets white rich kids from rich/private schools.

The point is that our process and some of our inflexibility disparately impacts kids from poorer upbringings or with less family support. Which kids are disproportionately black.

If you had 13 adverse childhood experiences by the time you are 6, have to worry about where you are going to get dinner or breakfast from, and your life is a daily grind to survive your brain and decision making might just be slightly different.
    Nobody gives a fuck. Either you're a good person and you work hard or you're not and you don't. Background does not matter.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

"He's a really, really special football player," Anderson said. "We leaned on him heavily this last season. He carried it 300 times in 12 ball games for 2,400 yards and 36 touchdowns. Very, very physical runner. Just an overall hardworking kid. He lives in the weight room. Very, very strong."

Sunday has a 305-pound bench press, 565 squat and 530 dead lift (he later increased the deadlift to 570). He placed first in a local power lifting event in the 198-pound weight division and is now headed to the regionals.

"I'm able to run through a lot of people because of how strong I am," Sunday said. "You're not going to tackle me 1-on-1, you're going to have to gang-tackle me. I think I have a lot of power in my legs, too."

He had a best of 22.1 seconds in the 200 meters as a sophomore, while also running legs on the school's 400 and 800 relays.

"He was the first leg of our 4x200 that went to Austin last year as a sophomore," Anderson said.

As a junior, Sunday was named the District 8-4A Division II Offensive MVP while also being named the Waco Tribune-Herald's Super Centex Offensive Player of the Year. He's the school's all-time rushing leader and all-time touchdown leader with his senior season left to play.

"He's a great kid, A, B student in the classroom," Anderson said. "He does everything we ask him to do. Like I said, he's just an extremely hard, hard worker."

Also, his banner picture on Twitter is now just a picture of him and Coach Pete. Doog boner rising to maximum levels.

Also there's this:

But I was told UW only recruits preppy kids from private schools and two-parent, upper class backgrounds?...

The more I learn about him, the more I like him. He seems like a great, hard working kid who's been through some adversity in his life but pushes through it and remains a positive person. OKG.
    If you had 13 adverse childhood experiences by the time you are 6, have to worry about where you are going to get dinner or breakfast from, and your life is a daily grind to survive your brain and decision making might just be slightly different.
    Is life a daily grind to survive for black americans in 2019?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Also there's this:

Nobody except maybe vadawg thinks CP is intentionally racist or only targets white rich kids from rich/private schools.

The point is that our process and some of our inflexibility disparately impacts kids from poorer upbringings or with less family support. Which kids are disproportionately black.

Nobody gives a fuck. Either you're a good person and you work hard or you're not and you don't. Background does not matter.
    I knew you were white
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    FirePete said:

Also there's this:

I knew you were white
    I'm mixed.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Also there's this:

Seriously?

It depends which seems obvious

Same with white folks

It ain't easy being poor
    Exactly, which is why statements like the one from troll is actually racist
  • Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

FirePete said:

Also there's this:

I knew you were white
    I'm mixed.
    LOL
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,363
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Also there's this:

Seriously?

It depends which seems obvious

Same with white folks

It ain't easy being poor
    Exactly, which is why statements like the one from troll is actually racist
    I found his statement reasonable myself