Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

FirePete said:

Petersen needs to hook him up with the UW track coach to improve his form. If he does that he’ll be fine.

You don’t play football like you play track
    FirePete said:

Petersen needs to hook him up with the UW track coach to improve his form. If he does that he’ll be fine.

You don’t play football like you play track
    Duh but his running form is so bad it fucks with speed.
    Yeah his 30 time and Salvon's 40 time are probably about the same BUT he will be a decent move the chains guy
    if you give him some crease. Guys like this you better have a hell of an O line cause he's not making anybody miss in the backfield. He's a singles and doubles guy. Still need the guy who can hit jacks.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Development aside, on paper, so far, this is shaping up to be Ty Willingham level recruiting class

You really think we get Redman and Memmelaar with Ty? Heck we probably don’t get Sawyer.
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm not a huge fan of his , but he doesn't shy away from trucking someone's ass which I like.
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Get Adams plz.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

Development aside, on paper, so far, this is shaping up to be Ty Willingham level recruiting class

You really think we get Redman and Memmelaar with Ty? Heck we probably don’t get Sawyer.
    Jack Lockner, Kearse, Middleton

Ty’s teams sucked. Ass. Pete’s teams haven’t.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Teq. You think this is a good class so far?
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    I see a lot of Corey Dillon in this kid.

WOOF
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    GOAT said:

Idk why people are so high on Dick Newt. He looks good physically but I thought his hudl was a joke. He looked like an honorable mention all league player in high school.

Did you see him in spring ball? Excited for Newt.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

I usually don’t look too hard at things until we get closer to December at minimum

I don’t think it’s a bad class ... I don’t see anything at this point that is leveling up

There are some ancillary things going on right now that need to be addressed

This class feels like a floor for the program at this point
    Dude redman is leveling up, he is better prospect than Cade and we all love Cade
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Did I say this earlier?: I like this guy. Hopefully my stamp of approval will end the arguments here.

Oh, and for those commenting on how scattered or low-energy our recruiting efforts are: you have no fucking idea, so what are you talking about?

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    His lower half is huge
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,214
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    FirePete said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

I usually don’t look too hard at things until we get closer to December at minimum

I don’t think it’s a bad class ... I don’t see anything at this point that is leveling up

Dude redman is leveling up, he is better prospect than Cade and we all love Cade
    Redman could very well be the best TE in the 2020 class. I'm diamond hard over this guy. Granted, I haven't watched the film of the others, but Redman does it all. He's got Gronk game.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

He is apparently a badass power lifter. 550 deadlift in high school weighting in at under 200 is impressive. For a junior no less.

I trush KB to develop him and get him faster. Newton looked good in spring, as have all the other backups to Gaskin. Still need to close on Adams.

Pretty funny commit given the recent FS okg drama and should we recruit Texas hot talk. I get he isnt the most sought after guy, but if there is one thing this staff does it's turn 3 stars into NFL draft picks.

Still need more blue chips, dont twist.

The thing is... much like with Dick Newt, this isnt a case of KB missing on a bunch of guys and then being stuck in January taking this recruit. They offered Sunday very early. It gets into the whole "we evaluate kids better than the TBS guys". It may be all bullshit and we'll be fucked in a few years, or he might turn out to be right and we'll all be posting in 2022 about how we loved taking hardass guys like Jay'veon Sunday.

Either way it will be chinteresting
    Yep at this point the only guy who was even a remote possibility that we could (and likely will) miss on is Bijan. Evans and Milton aren’t indicative for KB given what they’re looking for.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

FirePete said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

Redman could very well be the best TE in the 2020 class. I'm diamond hard over this guy. Granted, I haven't watched the film of the others, but Redman does it all. He's got Gronk game.
    Redman and Yurosek/Taylor are all good prospects with good offer lists.