Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited May 2019

Though our recruiting averages model Clemson's natty emergence, they started landed higher rated guys at a higher percentage by now.

You got a link for this? Interested in how this looks.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,188
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    @guntlove

I thought the Bijan not hearing from coaches thing was refuted.

May 16:

Angulo on Bijan’s new Top 6 and trying to find whether UDUB or LSU gets the last visit.

PHOENIX, Ariz. – Bijan Robinson has narrowed things down considerably in recent weeks and is close to kicking off an important round of official visits.

The 247Sports Composite five-star running back has trips scheduled with Ohio State and Texas next month, and also plans to officially visit UCLA and USC after that, with a fifth stop yet to be determined.

"I have really cut things down and just making sure I inform coaches who I am not considering anymore," Robinson told 247Sports. "It's really hard to figure out everything. I'm getting messages all the time and obviously the coaches all want their time to make their pitch, so I want to be respectful and make sure no one is wasting their time. It takes a lot from me when I have stuff to do trying to keep up with everything, so right now I'm only focusing on a few schools.

"USC, UCLA, Ohio State, Texas, LSU and Washington -- those are the main schools right now I would say. I went out to Washington most recently about two weeks ago and I really like them. The fans and the area were great, the vibe in the city is something I really enjoy and coach KB (Keith Bhonapha) is a great coach and we have been talking since my freshman year. Right now they are pushing for an official so we'll see."

The 6-foot, 200-pound back is scheduled to visit Ohio State on Jun. 14 and then Texas on Jun. 21.

I clearly just take issue with the echo chamber in here where there seems to be zero faith in the coaches. They've shown steady and incremental progress on the field and in recruiting every single year (not so much the offense, I agree, but I blame Browning), but that's not fast enough for a lot of people in here. Rome wasn't built in a day. As for the 2020 class, It's May, and I like to be objective, so I want to judge the class in February. We saw the same panic last year around this time and then we ended with our best class ever. These coaches keep things closer to the vest than any program I've ever seen, so it's anyone's guess about who we're in touch with, what our play is, and how this class will end up. Shit, there's now rumors that Smalls will be a Dawg. It's the whirlwind of conjecture that bugs me. But yes, I'll shut up about it all. I'm getting my titties in a twist about it. You're absolutely right. Seriously.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,628
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Though our recruiting averages model Clemson's natty emergence, they started landed higher rated guys at a higher percentage by now.

You got a link for this? Interested in how this looks.
    Chest is actually working on a graphic that displays how we've actually done a better job the past two years at recruiting depth but their 4/5 star close rate got higher and higher after Hopkins-Watkins-Martavis
    Who?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,525
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I watched his HUDL. I have no clue how to judge film, but he looks like he knows how to set up defenders and he finishes strong. Awkward gait that almost looks like he takes too long of strides and has to regenerate speed each time he puts his foot in the ground versus maintaining his speed.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Looks like Barry Sanders 2.0 to me
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Petersen needs to hook him up with the UW track coach to improve his form. If he does that he’ll be fine.
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I get it that it huge we got a kid from Texas cool but this kid looks slow as fuck... I’d be surprised if he ran a sub 5 sec 40.. unless I’ve been watching the wrong highlight tape I don’t see it
  • Options

Petersen needs to hook him up with the UW track coach to improve his form. If he does that he’ll be fine.

You don’t play football like you play track
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Duh but his running form is so bad it fucks with speed.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Development aside, on paper, so far, this is shaping up to be Ty Willingham level recruiting class
  • Options
    Play track????, Jesus wtf is wrong with me