Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,116
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    guntlove said:

guntlove said:

This is so on-brand for Bhonerpha. I'm really glad he dug deep this year to beat out the likes of Texas State, Temple, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, and SMU. This kid runs like the fucking hunchback of Notre Dame. Now that Bonerpop's taken the guy from Texas that both the Longhorns and Aggies had zero interest in, he can focus on pulling off his traditional in-state lay up with Adams and get back to *stocking underage girls on twitter. Who needs elite talents like Bijan Robinson? Especially when it forces you to work hard and do your job.

After last years top-shelf class... 2020 and 2021, with an unusually high number of elite in-state kids, were supposed to be years where we took the next step and loaded up on elite talent. I can't imagine it going worse than it has so far. We look totally disorganized... The recruitment of Texas appears clumsy and poorly planned... We're getting massively out hustled for top kids (especially by Oregon)... Will Harris has not been used AT ALL and is a complete waste as the 10th coach... We've pissed off local kids and coaches by not being up front about why they're not getting offers... We've allowed a damaging narrative to be used against us by our rivals - without any kind of coordinated fight-back/re-messaging... We lost our number one most important recruit from our own fucking backyard in APRIL... We keep trotting out recruiting liabilities like Gregory/Kwiatkowski/Bhonerpha and wonder why we can't get any recruiting traction at those positions.... Wilson and Rosengarten appear headed to Oregon -- Ringo has all but eliminated us -- Botelho committed to ND -- Clark Phillips and Lathan Ransom never even considered us -- Even fucking Herbig is favoring Wisconsin.

Unless you're brain damaged like BigErn, there's no way any objective person could look at our recruiting efforts this year and not be disappointed and alarmed. Total fucking shit show so far.

Stalking*

You still have five minutes to change it.
    Whoosh, you fucking half-wit. Christ, I even put a star next to the word. You're struggling.
    Oh, another faggy HH inside joke. Got it. My apologies *four *knot being hip to the *seen.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I want to see Sunday’s Senior film ...

I didn’t hate Dick Newton’s film ... I like Sunday’s film a little more
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    guntlove said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Domicillo said:

Sunday: Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Colorado St, Houston, Kansas, Kansas St, Louisiana Tech, SMU, Temple, Texas State, Utah, Washington

Morrison: Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado St, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Liberty, Memphis, Minnesota, Mississippi St, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Texas, SMU, Syracuse, UCF, Utah, Washington

If you found yourself commenting on Sevion's quality of top ten schools and are already defending Sunday's commitment as an under the radar find, you've got some flawed cognitive thinking skills.

La'Veon Bell's offers: Bowling Green, Marshall, Eastern Michigan, and Michigan State.

I don't slam recruits before they even touch a college football field. The dude clearly has tools. If the coach's want him this early, I'm guessing they, you know, want him. Y'all seem to think they're going, "Oh, you wanna come to UW? Great! That means I don't have to interview anyone else. Thank god, because that shit is a pain! Let me go find you some paperwork and get you in touch with HR."

If we get a 3* recruit, we bitch that they're not a 4* recruit. When we get a 4* recruit, we bitch that they're not a 5* recruit. When we get a 5* recruit, we bitch that they're not a 6* recruit. When we get a white recruit, we bitch that they're not black. When we get a black recruit, we bitch that they're not white. We bitch that we recruit Texas, and when we get a Texas recruit, we bitch that he's not up to whatever backasswards standards this place creates for players.

Well you're basically missing the point. If you want to be elite, you have to recruit elite. UW doesn't.
    Wanna know a fun fact? Clemson signed SIXTEEN guys that were 3* or less in their 2019 class. That includes a running back. And that was after winning a national championship. One of them was even a 2*! How dense are you people? UW signed EIGHT.
    Oh. You must mean the Clemson that signed 5 FIVE star recruits the year before and is on pace to have the best recruiting class in the history of college football. And you put them in the same paragraph as UW as far as recruiting? Wash your mouth out.

I'm not comparing the two. Do you have parasites in your brain? Fucking Christ. I'm ridiculing the teenage angst of this place when we sign a 3* recruit. It's fucking fascinating. It's not abnormal to sign a 3* recruit. Even the elites sign 3* recruits.
    Goodness... you're awful at this. Literally nobody here is upset because Sunday is a 3 star recruit. They're upset because they don't think he's very good. And because there are other, far more talented players with vastly superior offer sheets that Bhonerpha isn't willing to hustle for. This board loved, Rapp, Hampton, Otton, Fautanu, Tuputala, Curne -- all were three stars when they signed.
    I happen to like his film. I see tools and potential. His JUNIOR film, no less. How many Pete recruits have blown up their senior HS season? It's a fucking lot. Pete knows talent and knows what he can develop, so this is absolutely a LIPO situation and slamming Sunday at this point in his career, as a junior in high school, is ignorant. It clearly bugs me when the first response to him possibly committing is "this is a terrible pickup". Is this place a parody? It's like The Onion is running a Husky forum.

The reasons I've seen for disliking him in here include one 100m track time and a supposedly awkward running style. Expert scouting right there.

LIPO.

• Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    Fucking bizarre. I would have rather signed Dontae McMillan from west Seattle last year. Can it possibly get any worse?
  • Options
    My sense is that we are going to see some more changes to the offensive staff after this year ...

I’d set the line at 1.5 and take the over right now
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    Tequilla said:

My sense is that we are going to see some more changes to the offensive staff after this year ...

I hope you're right, Teq. But shouldn't those changes have been made after last year?
  • Options
    Not really how Pete operates
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    guntlove said:

Tequilla said:

I hope you're right, Teq. But shouldn't those changes have been made after last year?
    Yeah Paopao got Redman so he's fine. KB will probably get Adams and be fine. Jr isn't getting fired. Huff would really have to be a disaster coaching to get fired.

Offensive firings will much more likely come from coaching IMO and even that I don't really see.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    guntlove said:

guntlove said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Domicillo said:

Sunday: Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Colorado St, Houston, Kansas, Kansas St, Louisiana Tech, SMU, Temple, Texas State, Utah, Washington

Morrison: Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado St, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Liberty, Memphis, Minnesota, Mississippi St, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Texas, SMU, Syracuse, UCF, Utah, Washington

If you found yourself commenting on Sevion's quality of top ten schools and are already defending Sunday's commitment as an under the radar find, you've got some flawed cognitive thinking skills.

La'Veon Bell's offers: Bowling Green, Marshall, Eastern Michigan, and Michigan State.

I don't slam recruits before they even touch a college football field. The dude clearly has tools. If the coach's want him this early, I'm guessing they, you know, want him. Y'all seem to think they're going, "Oh, you wanna come to UW? Great! That means I don't have to interview anyone else. Thank god, because that shit is a pain! Let me go find you some paperwork and get you in touch with HR."

If we get a 3* recruit, we bitch that they're not a 4* recruit. When we get a 4* recruit, we bitch that they're not a 5* recruit. When we get a 5* recruit, we bitch that they're not a 6* recruit. When we get a white recruit, we bitch that they're not black. When we get a black recruit, we bitch that they're not white. We bitch that we recruit Texas, and when we get a Texas recruit, we bitch that he's not up to whatever backasswards standards this place creates for players.

Well you're basically missing the point. If you want to be elite, you have to recruit elite. UW doesn't.
    Wanna know a fun fact? Clemson signed SIXTEEN guys that were 3* or less in their 2019 class. That includes a running back. And that was after winning a national championship. One of them was even a 2*! How dense are you people? UW signed EIGHT.
    Oh. You must mean the Clemson that signed 5 FIVE star recruits the year before and is on pace to have the best recruiting class in the history of college football. And you put them in the same paragraph as UW as far as recruiting? Wash your mouth out.

I'm not comparing the two. Do you have parasites in your brain? Fucking Christ. I'm ridiculing the teenage angst of this place when we sign a 3* recruit. It's fucking fascinating. It's not abnormal to sign a 3* recruit. Even the elites sign 3* recruits.
    Goodness... you're awful at this. Literally nobody here is upset because Sunday is a 3 star recruit. They're upset because they don't think he's very good. And because there are other, far more talented players with vastly superior offer sheets that Bhonerpha isn't willing to hustle for. This board loved, Rapp, Hampton, Otton, Fautanu, Tuputala, Curne -- all were three stars when they signed.
    I happen to like his film. I see tools and potential. His JUNIOR film, no less. How many Pete recruits have blown up their senior HS season? It's a fucking lot. Pete knows talent and knows what he can develop, so this is absolutely a LIPO situation and slamming Sunday at this point in his career, as a junior in high school, is ignorant. It clearly bugs me when the first response to him possibly committing is "this is a terrible pickup". Is this place a parody? It's like The Onion is running a Husky forum.

The reasons I've seen for disliking him in here include one 100m track time and a supposedly awkward running style. Expert scouting right there.

LIPO.

Sorry... I have to come back to this. There's just so much retard in this poast, it's really quite staggering.

You're faulting Sunday's detractors for judging him based on his "JUNIOR" film, his fastest 100m track time, and the running style exhibited in the video of said 100m race.

Firstly, we only have JUNIOR film for these kids. Nobody has played their senior year yet. Literally every 2020 recruit in the country with an offer has gotten it based off their JUNIOR film. What the fuck do you think the coaches who scouted him were watching?

Secondly... why is a league sanctioned track meet a poor way to judge a kid's top end speed? I can't think of a more objective and practical way to do so.

Thirdly and finally, did you even watch the video of him running track? If you had you'd know that there is nothing "supposedly" awkward about his running style. Even the folks here who like the kid would most likely admit that there's something very ungainly about the way he runs.
    My point is that our coaches evaluate on a completely different level than what us idiots see on Hudl. UW coaches evaluate on potential, work ethic, and ability to be developed arguably more than anybody. We idiots are completely ignorant to what the coaches are looking for because we only see a blip of what they see. From what I CAN see, this guy is strong and has stellar footwork and balance. His speed can be improved. "Ungainly" wasted motion can be improved. No one is ever going to mistake him for Ahmed. That's not his game, but there's lots of ways to skin a cat. Every program needs a bruiser type RB and he looks the part already as a junior in high school. He's 17 fucking years old and looks 21. He clearly has something the coaches like if we're going to Texas to get him. Furthermore, this guy has a senior season of high school and a redshirt season before he ever sees the field, at the very least. A lot can change in 3+ years. The dude has potential to be a Mack truck. We have Ahmed, Newton, Pleasant, McGrew, Davis (likely a fucking stud), and whoever our #1 RB recruit this class is to go through before Sunday even puts his cleats on. To say this is a terrible pickup is a flat out guess at this point. Of course I'd rather have Bijan, but I certainly don't know what's going on behind the scenes and none of you TBSers do either, despite what you think you might know. You can surmise that it's laziness all you want, but that's also just a wild ass guess. Sunday's commitment also doesn't mean we still aren't wholeheartedly pursuing Bijan. To say otherwise is yet another guess. Isn't he visiting? I highly doubt Sunday's commitment is going to push us out of the race for Bijan. You take Bijan any way you can.

I'd love Bijan, but I will be happy with Adams and Sunday. Would you be happy with Adams and Sunday? If we lose Adams and Sunday is our #1 RB in the class, then yes, I agree that this RB class is a massive failure. It needs to be Bijan/Adams and Sunday or all three.

I hate the hand-wringing over offers and commits when we have 1% of the information that the coaches do. Call me a Doog all you want, but that's just being rational. And remember, I'm banned from Dawgman. I hate this place, but I hate Dawgman 7x more.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

I don’t give a shit....we are getting a kid naked jay’veon. Woof on!!!

You’re excited over getting a kid naked? Way to go @sanduskydwag
    This is the teen stalking board....so what is the problem?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

People forget what we're all about ...

I mean, back in fall if you would have offered naked pics of hot women or pics of Bru McCoy and Kyle Ford in 7vs7 gear - what would people choose?
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

CB by the Ektard. I am sure he is going off of this board and Roof's twitter.

Yeah a CB from this fat boof means it’s 10000% done. He doesn’t put in something until someone else does literally every ounce of heavy lifting and he can slide in at the last second like he knew it all along.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,906
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

People forget what we're all about ...

I mean, back in fall if you would have offered naked pics of hot women or pics of Bru McCoy and Kyle Ford in 7vs7 gear - what would people choose?
    Abundance.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes