Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

This will be a terrible pick up if it happens.

Bitch about wasting time recruiting in Texas, bitch about actually getting a commit from Texas, bitch about a 17 year old kid who clearly has some tools to work with because he what, ran an 11.3 in one fucking track event? Fuck you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujBjn1qeCLs
    I very rarely ever bitch about a recruit. This player doesn't help us beat the elites. If he was great the local schools wouldn't let him leave the state.
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bitch about wasting time recruiting in Texas, bitch about actually getting a commit from Texas, bitch about a 17 year old kid who clearly has some tools to work with because he what, ran an 11.3 in one fucking track event? Fuck you.

YOU are what brought about the term "DOOG". Fuck, you're fucking pathetic. Everything isn't all fucking purple and gold.

The only positive thing I can say about this commit (if true) is that he's BLIK.

Aim higher fuck face. Do Bijan or Adams ring a bell? Fuck, we're fucked.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The thing that pisses me off is this likely means no Adams and Robinson. Not that I don't like Sunday, but eh.

Nick Bolton was shown the door after higher level recruits came calling. It's May.
    And my qualm is with the fact that we're getting Sunday to commit in May and making it a lot harder to land both those guys.

What needed to happen was to get Adams locked down much earlier. He's been a UW lean for a while and there was no reason for him not to be committed by now. Thanks to that we get Sunday now and might miss out on our top 2 later.
    It could also work as a poke to Adams that the position is filling up. Better jump in while you can.

You take Bijan no matter what but the chances he picks UW are pretty small.

If nothing else, It's good to have a Jay'veon on the commit list to go along with Sawyer, Mark, Ethan, and Gaard
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

The thing that pisses me off is this likely means no Adams and Robinson. Not that I don't like Sunday, but eh.

Nick Bolton was shown the door after higher level recruits came calling. It's May.
    And my qualm is with the fact that we're getting Sunday to commit in May and making it a lot harder to land both those guys.

What needed to happen was to get Adams locked down much earlier. He's been a UW lean for a while and there was no reason for him not to be committed by now. Thanks to that we get Sunday now and might miss out on our top 2 later.
    It could also work as a poke to Adams that the position is filling up. Better jump in while you can.

You take Bijan no matter what but the chances he picks UW are pretty small.

If nothing else, It's good to have a Jay'veon on the commit list to go along with Sawyer, Mark, Ethan, and Gaard
    If he’s the 2nd or 3rd RB in a class I like the pickup

A reminder that lots here were massively critical when we signed Dick Newton ... now we have people saying that he actually looks pretty good
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I don’t give a shit....we are getting a kid naked jay’veon. Woof on!!!
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,131
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

Lots of big-time recruits don't commit early. That's not unusual. Who knows where Sunday is on the coach's board? This board is going to be up in arms because he has a 3* in front of his name and he ran an 11.3 at one fucking track meet. I always give the benefit of the doubt to these coaches who have a clear eye for talent that they develop better than anyone in the nation. It's been proven over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, yet there's zero trust in the coaches on here. To this day, all this board cares about is the # of stars a kid has. Shouldn't it be clear by now that a few 3* players is OK? This place is so fucking short-sighted and ignorant. Evaluate the class in February, and then evaluate the class in 3 years. Socha has proven to increase player's speeds. It's a huge part of Pete/Socha's S&T program. They did it at Boise and they're doing it here. Fucking articles have been written about it. Sunday could very well turn into a fucking beast. There's lots more to being an RB beyond 100m straight-line speed on a track. The coaches aren't stupid. You think they're going to accept a commitment from Sunday just because? You think that HH has better insight into how this affects Adams and Robinson than Pete? Yeah, no.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    Founders Club

I very rarely ever bitch about a recruit. This player doesn't help us beat the elites. If he was great the local schools wouldn't let him leave the state.
    Players fly under the radar ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Underrated players get developed into studs ALL THE FUCKING TIME. It's not like he's going to be the headliner of the class. He's likely our #2 or #3 RB in this class alone. Quit being such a bitch.
  • Options
    Founders Club

You don't take 3 RBs in a class. This means no Bijan most likely.

Adam's & Bijan was always unlikely but it would have been nice to try.

Could it be possible that the coach's know something we don't?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He’s good but fuck we are so gay
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2019

Exactly, conceding in May because you failed to secure Adam's commitment early and you stopped recruiting Bijan for four months is bullshit.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    Well....he’s not white so that’s *chefs kiss* very nice
  • Options
    Founders Club
    vadawg said:

YOU are what brought about the term "DOOG". Fuck, you're fucking pathetic. Everything isn't all fucking purple and gold.

The only positive thing I can say about this commit (if true) is that he's BLIK.

Aim higher fuck face. Do Bijan or Adams ring a bell? Fuck, we're fucked.
    Can you become a Bama fan please? It suits you better.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

You don't take 3 RBs in a class.

I’d take these three without thinking twice. Adams is super versatile. Sunday could probably contribute in multiple places too.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    Domicillo said:

Sunday: Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Colorado St, Houston, Kansas, Kansas St, Louisiana Tech, SMU, Temple, Texas State, Utah, Washington

Morrison: Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado St, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Liberty, Memphis, Minnesota, Mississippi St, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Texas, SMU, Syracuse, UCF, Utah, Washington

If you found yourself commenting on Sevion's quality of top ten schools and are already defending Sunday's commitment as an under the radar find, you've got some flawed cognitive thinking skills.

La'Veon Bell's offers: Bowling Green, Marshall, Eastern Michigan, and Michigan State.

I don't slam recruits before they even touch a college football field. The dude clearly has tools. If the coach's want him this early, I'm guessing they, you know, want him. Y'all seem to think they're going, "Oh, you wanna come to UW? Great! That means I don't have to interview anyone else. Thank god, because that shit is a pain! Let me go find you some paperwork and get you in touch with HR."

If we get a 3* recruit, we bitch that they're not a 4* recruit. When we get a 4* recruit, we bitch that they're not a 5* recruit. When we get a 5* recruit, we bitch that they're not a 6* recruit. When we get a white recruit, we bitch that they're not black. When we get a black recruit, we bitch that they're not white. We bitch that we recruit Texas, and when we get a Texas recruit, we bitch that he's not up to whatever backasswards standards this place creates for players.

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Players fly under the radar ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Underrated players get developed into studs ALL THE FUCKING TIME. It's not like he's going to be the headliner of the class. He's likely our #2 or #3 RB in this class alone. Quit being such a bitch.
    Fuck you cunt. Are you happy with Pleasant, Newton and this kid? What a joke. We lost to Oregon, Cal and almost Colorado last year because we DID NOT have a suitable back up. That is on Bhonapha. He is the only coach imo that needs to go.
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

Could it be possible that the coach's know something we don't?
    you are a fucking DOOG....HoleEFuk