Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Puka Nacua, 2019 4* WR, Orem, UT (Committed)

Comments

• UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Before reading that Vorel article and watching Puka shell's highlights again, I had almost forgot how goddamn jacked I am to see this kid. Do we see him playing as a true freshman? Would that be an indictment on our current stable, or will it be because he's that fucking good? Man, he's gonna bring some serious and sorely needed attitude to the offense, faggy frosted tips and all.

I’ll believe it if he can digest/learns Pete’s offense
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Before reading that Vorel article and watching Puka shell's highlights again, I had almost forgot how goddamn jacked I am to see this kid. Do we see him playing as a true freshman? Would that be an indictment on our current stable, or will it be because he's that fucking good? Man, he's gonna bring some serious and sorely needed attitude to the offense, faggy frosted tips and all.

Aye. I have a lot more faith in Adams to get him prepared than Anal Lubick, however.
  • UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Aye. I have a lot more faith in Adams to get him prepared than Anal Lubick, however.
    I just hope Pete’s stuffy culture of no hype and okg-ness doesn’t minimize or suffocate players like Puka who have a personality. When’s the last time we saw swag/personality on the field? 2016 with bierria/victor at the lb spots and Ross and Pettis at the wr? I just wanna win and let the kids have fun Pete!!!!

Founders Club
    edited May 2019

I just hope Pete’s stuffy culture of no hype and okg-ness doesn’t minimize or suffocate players like Puka who have a personality. When’s the last time we saw swag/personality on the field? 2016 with bierria/victor at the lb spots and Ross and Pettis at the wr? I just wanna win and let the kids have fun Pete!!!!

He seemed to allow it then, so I don't think he's stifled it. Byron Murphy brought swag. I don't know, maybe it's because we don't get sacks recently. Maybe it's because our LBs haven't exactly been big hitters recently. I do think it's a little overblown though. Teams go through swag cycles. The offense certainly hasn't had enough of it though, and I blame it on Browning, shitty receivers, and the lack of big plays. Jaxson Kirkland and Adams certainly have the nasty though. Hunter Bryant's got the nasty.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

But I heard Adams had no influence on Pukas recruitment

He didn't. It was all Kupp. Adams just stood there with his hands down his pants while coeds walked by.

Ok so he got a referral... same shit
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Just unreal that we got this kid
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    Love that attitude but hopefully he doesn't hit the transfer portal when it likely doesn't pan out that way.
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

Love that attitude but hopefully he doesn't hit the transfer portal when it likely doesn't pan out that way.

The key is if the best players play. If these young guys with great or elite talent come in to the program and don’t play vs the inferior talent we will have people leaving.
    They won't if they don't know what the fuck they're doing. See: Joe Tryons's career path. Now that he knows what he's doing, he can unleash his talent. He did not at first.

I want to see Puka shine more than anybody, but our receiver corps is pretty deep with talented guys ahead of him with more experience in the system. Yes, they're unproven, but they're there.
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

The flip side is we are assured to benefit less from the portal than the Oregon’s and USC’s do, so we better suffer a lot less or it’s really going to hurt us.

Imagine Reggie Williams not getting on the field because he doesn't have the adjustments to the route tree for our rocket science offense memorized. That wouldn't fly. Not saying puka is Reggie so don't twist. Just saying a world could exist where bacellia gets reps over a Reggie type.

Hopefully Adams changes some things and finds a way to get puka on the field because he can contribute. He has better ball skills than anyone on the roster right imo.
    That's a horrifying thought. I'm not sure Pete is that hard headed. Black Beast played as a true frosh. Ditto Gaskins (and Ahmed). Receiver has been tougher to crack but Pettis and Leynius saw the field as true frosh, as well as @BornSinner and Fuller.

I am confident a true frosh Reggie would play for Pete but not sure he would start. And yes, that's hard to fathom.

I agree Puca isn't Reggie.

My best guess is Puca doesn't play much beyond his four games. Not being here for spring is going to put him at a massive disadvantage behind Spiker and Osbourne who now have two springs under their belts as well as a full year. I think Puca is better than those two but not significantly better.

We'll see.
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    Y'all are painting this picture where Petersen is no fun and too strict and players are gonna hate playing and not playing for us and they're gonna be mad that they're not gonna play as true freshman even though most true freshmen don't and they're gonna say "That doesn't matter, I'm talented!" and they're gonna transfer mid-season. It's a goddamn masterpiece.