Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jaden McDaniels (Federal Way) (COMMITTED) (EMFA KENTUCKY)

Comments

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

I get it, it's fun to dream, but an Elite 8 would be fantastic to me.

We're talking about a coach who has one exactly one tournament game and a program that hasn't been past the sweet 16 since 19 fucking 53.

We won't be top 10 preseason. Getting to the E8 would be a huge huge step.
    Should also be noted it's going to be a ROUGH road for whatever team wins the conference, even given the class we have, Arizona AND USC are ahead of us in rankings, and Oregon is only 4 spots back.

There's been nothing but big dick energy from Hopkins so far, he'll need to keep it going.
    We have the two best players in the conference we’ll be fine.
    I’ll wager a large amount of money Stewart and McDaniels won’t be the best two players in the conference. Two of the top 5, maybe.

We’re not talking Zion and Barrett.
    Tres Tinkle will be the best player in the conference. But Stewart could easily be #2. McDaniels is still inconsistent and probably a few years away from reaching his potential
    Fucking Christ, Tinkle is still around??
    He’s the only player in conference who scares me. That 31 and 10 performance against us in Hec Ed last year almost won OSU the game
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

We're talking about a coach who has one exactly one tournament game and a program that hasn't been past the sweet 16 since 19 fucking 53.

Should also be noted it's going to be a ROUGH road for whatever team wins the conference, even given the class we have, Arizona AND USC are ahead of us in rankings, and Oregon is only 4 spots back.

There's been nothing but big dick energy from Hopkins so far, he'll need to keep it going.
    I’ll wager a large amount of money Stewart and McDaniels won’t be the best two players in the conference. Two of the top 5, maybe.

Tres Tinkle will be the best player in the conference. But Stewart could easily be #2. McDaniels is still inconsistent and probably a few years away from reaching his potential
    Fucking Christ, Tinkle is still around??
    He’s the only player in conference who scares me. That 31 and 10 performance against us in Hec Ed last year almost won OSU the game
    So are you saying Tinkle gives you a little tingle?

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Shenexon said:

This is going to be a huge year with lots of room for optimism. Most of the time the coaches have to try and come up with a team that can compete. Hop and the coaches have played that part pretty well. This year, the coaches will have a lot to work with and will be working to develop a team that can challenge for post-season honors, PAC and national championships. Stewart may not be Zion but he's going to impress from the get-go. McDaniels is also the real deal, Quade Green has been waiting for his time to shine, Battle has a lot of potential, and the rest of the team's core is just waiting for them to show up on campus. If you liked how Hop competed with last year's team, he's going to be fired up to compete with a team that can make some noise at the end of the season. The team on the floor is going to be young, but as talented as any team in the country. Should be fun....

U should poast more
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

I buy Stewart as a possible best player in the conference. McDaniels isn’t.
    McDaniels will be better than Tinkle or Mannion. Stewart will be the best player in the conference
    If you expect Stewart and McDaniels to both be better than 20 and 8 you’re almost assuredly going to be disappointed.
    Lol because Tinkle is the only good option on OSU. Doesn’t mean that Jaden and Isaiah aren’t better options. Isaiah is going to get like 18 11 and 2.
  • Options

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I know all-star game bullshit, but Stewart consistently dominated all that shit and was getting shout outs from his peers as a guy that impressed from practice.

I expect him to be very good out the gate.

I could see McDaniels being a little disappointing or things taking awhile to click.

I do like the idea of Stewart pushing McDaniels/team behind the scenes with his work ethic. That seems to be the knock on Jaden is he doesn't go 100% so hopefully Stewarts presence changes that.

The 100% narrative is dumb.
    Why
    Because he didn’t have to try in HS ball. He tried and dominated the EYBL circuit last summer and that’s why he blew up.
    So you're literally admitting he didn't try in HS ball in an effort to prove the "he doesn't give 100%" narrative wrong?

I don't know the answer to the question, but that's one hell of a tactic.
    My point is when he was challenged against better players he tried. When are you playing fucking Pumpy Jr @ Ennumclaw you don’t even to try with his level talent to get 28 and 12. The point is he’ll play hard next year. I don’t understand the effort thing that is used to drop dudes in like the top 50 of dudes. It’s all about skillsets and Jaden works hard.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I know all-star game bullshit, but Stewart consistently dominated all that shit and was getting shout outs from his peers as a guy that impressed from practice.

I could see McDaniels being a little disappointing or things taking awhile to click.

I do like the idea of Stewart pushing McDaniels/team behind the scenes with his work ethic. That seems to be the knock on Jaden is he doesn't go 100% so hopefully Stewarts presence changes that.

Why
    Because he didn’t have to try in HS ball. He tried and dominated the EYBL circuit last summer and that’s why he blew up.
    So you're literally admitting he didn't try in HS ball in an effort to prove the "he doesn't give 100%" narrative wrong?

My point is when he was challenged against better players he tried. When are you playing fucking Pumpy Jr @ Ennumclaw you don’t even to try with his level talent to get 28 and 12. The point is he’ll play hard next year. I don’t understand the effort thing that is used to drop dudes in like the top 50 of dudes. It’s all about skillsets and Jaden works hard.
    He’s good and will be a high pick based on his potential. That said, he lacks a killer mindset, his shot is above average but not great, and he’s too small to dominate around the hoop.

Stewart is too big, too strong, and has too high of motor not to dominate. It’s a sure thing.

I see a 12-14 points and 6-8 rebounds guy. A good second or third option that has a game that is still growing, but we will only get one year. I am excited about his length in the zone and I’m pumped we got him, but he’s not Kevin Durant.
    Jaden will get 16-17 game. Best part of his game is his shot making.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Why

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

McDaniels will be better than Tinkle or Mannion. Stewart will be the best player in the conference
    If you expect Stewart and McDaniels to both be better than 20 and 8 you’re almost assuredly going to be disappointed.
    Lol because Tinkle is the only good option on OSU. Doesn’t mean that Jaden and Isaiah aren’t better options. Isaiah is going to get like 18 11 and 2.
    If Oregon State only had one player and still had a winning season in conference that player must be pretty damn good.

You're talking about a highly productive fifth year senior versus two true freshman.

You're nuts if you take the freshmen.
  • Options

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Why

He’s good and will be a high pick based on his potential. That said, he lacks a killer mindset, his shot is above average but not great, and he’s too small to dominate around the hoop.

Stewart is too big, too strong, and has too high of motor not to dominate. It’s a sure thing.

I see a 12-14 points and 6-8 rebounds guy. A good second or third option that has a game that is still growing, but we will only get one year. I am excited about his length in the zone and I’m pumped we got him, but he’s not Kevin Durant.
    Jaden will get 16-17 game. Best part of his game is his shot making.
    I'm in the 14-16 range. He's going to be good. He's not going to be a superstar at UW.
  • Options

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

If Oregon State only had one player and still had a winning season in conference that player must be pretty damn good.

You're talking about a highly productive fifth year senior versus two true freshman.

You realize how fucking awful the Pac-12 was last year?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

That doesn't really refute anything. Oregon State finished 85th in the NET. If that was a one-man Tinkle show (new board motto?) then Tinkle is really fucking good for carrying his team to a top 100 ranking. If that wasn't a one-man Tinkle show then he's really fucking good for putting up those numbers despite not being the sole provider of offense.

Anyways, we already know the answer is the latter because the Thompson brothers are good too. And Tinkle is poised to be the best player in the conference next year. I don't know why you're fighting that so hard.
  • Options

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

That doesn't really refute anything. Oregon State finished 85th in the NET. If that was a one-man Tinkle show (new board motto?) then Tinkle is really fucking good for carrying his team to a top 100 ranking. If that wasn't a one-man Tinkle show then he's really fucking good for putting up those numbers despite not being the sole provider of offense.

Anyways, we already know the answer is the latter because the Thompson brothers are good too. And Tinkle is poised to be the best player in the conference next year. I don't know why you're fighting that so hard.
    He's just dooging extra right now.

I get it, I remember my first multi five star class, I was mostly the same way.

He's inevitably going to be disappointed. Just part of it I guess.
  • Options

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

Multi 5 star class? Are you talking about softball?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

Should we tell him?
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

Should we tell him?
    They had another 5 star on the team too

hth

• Options

Gladstone said:

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

Should we tell him?
    They had another 5 star on the team too

hth

Pondexter was nowhere near the caliber recruit of McDaniels yet alone Stewart. Also Hop can coach hth!