Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jaden McDaniels (Federal Way) (COMMITTED) (EMFA KENTUCKY)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

I get it, it's fun to dream, but an Elite 8 would be fantastic to me.

We're talking about a coach who has one exactly one tournament game and a program that hasn't been past the sweet 16 since 19 fucking 53.

We won't be top 10 preseason. Getting to the E8 would be a huge huge step.
    Should also be noted it's going to be a ROUGH road for whatever team wins the conference, even given the class we have, Arizona AND USC are ahead of us in rankings, and Oregon is only 4 spots back.

There's been nothing but big dick energy from Hopkins so far, he'll need to keep it going.
    We have the two best players in the conference we’ll be fine.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

We're talking about a coach who has one exactly one tournament game and a program that hasn't been past the sweet 16 since 19 fucking 53.

Should also be noted it's going to be a ROUGH road for whatever team wins the conference, even given the class we have, Arizona AND USC are ahead of us in rankings, and Oregon is only 4 spots back.

There's been nothing but big dick energy from Hopkins so far, he'll need to keep it going.
    ...in the conference.

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

I’ll wager a large amount of money Stewart and McDaniels won’t be the best two players in the conference. Two of the top 5, maybe.

We’re not talking Zion and Barrett.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

I’ll wager a large amount of money Stewart and McDaniels won’t be the best two players in the conference. Two of the top 5, maybe.

Tres Tinkle will be the best player in the conference. But Stewart could easily be #2. McDaniels is still inconsistent and probably a few years away from reaching his potential
  • Options
    Isaiah will be better than Tinkle lol. Isaiah’s going to be a top 5 pick.

Jaden’s too big and skilled for pretty much everyone in CBB to handle.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

Agreed.

It is nice however knowing that in the majority of games the two most talented players on the court will be on UW’s side.

For someone that can actually coach.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

I buy Stewart as a possible best player in the conference. McDaniels isn’t.
  • Options

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

McDaniels will be better than Tinkle or Mannion. Stewart will be the best player in the conference
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 895
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

McDaniels will be better than Tinkle or Mannion. Stewart will be the best player in the conference
    Stewart is definitely giving 1st team all american vibes, fultz talent but with a killer instinct
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

Calm down with the absolute doogism. Tinkle has been essentially averaging a double-double for three years now and is far and away the CPOY favorite.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    stewart looks like fucking man child. kid is ready play for pros physically
  • Options
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know all-star game bullshit, but Stewart consistently dominated all that shit and was getting shout outs from his peers as a guy that impressed from practice.

I expect him to be very good out the gate.

I could see McDaniels being a little disappointing or things taking awhile to click.

I do like the idea of Stewart pushing McDaniels/team behind the scenes with his work ethic. That seems to be the knock on Jaden is he doesn't go 100% so hopefully Stewarts presence changes that.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

I know all-star game bullshit, but Stewart consistently dominated all that shit and was getting shout outs from his peers as a guy that impressed from practice.

I could see McDaniels being a little disappointing or things taking awhile to click.

I do like the idea of Stewart pushing McDaniels/team behind the scenes with his work ethic. That seems to be the knock on Jaden is he doesn't go 100% so hopefully Stewarts presence changes that.

The 100% narrative is dumb.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Why
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Why
    Because he didn’t have to try in HS ball. He tried and dominated the EYBL circuit last summer and that’s why he blew up.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited May 2019

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

If you expect Stewart and McDaniels to both be better than 20 and 8 you’re almost assuredly going to be disappointed.