Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

#MyMs have the best record in the league!

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2019

They should cut Felix. Nobody is benefitting from keeping him around. He’s done.

The team that signed Griffey and Ichiro more than 10 years off their prime seasons is not getting rid of Felix
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

They should cut Felix. Nobody is benefitting from keeping him around. He’s done.

The team that signed Griffey and Ichiro more than 10 years off their prime seasons is not getting rid of Felix
    I'm not even sure they should. Felix is bad but the starters they've brought up from Triple A are clearly not ready. Swanson and Sheffield both have ERAs starting with 6 just like Felix, and Sheffield especially has been terrible at Triple A with basically as many walks as K's.

Neither one of them are ready.

You're not winning anything this year. Better to let Felix keep destroying his legacy than to destroy one of these kids who might be worth something one day.

If you can find somebody for cheap who can be a solid 5th starter then SarkSure.gif. That dude ain't in the org right now though.
  • Options

I'm not even sure they should. Felix is bad but the starters they've brought up from Triple A are clearly not ready. Swanson and Sheffield both have ERAs starting with 6 just like Felix, and Sheffield especially has been terrible at Triple A with basically as many walks as K's.

Neither one of them are ready.

You're not winning anything this year. Better to let Felix keep destroying his legacy than to destroy one of these kids who might be worth something one day.

If you can find somebody for cheap who can be a solid 5th starter then SarkSure.gif. That dude ain't in the org right now though.
    The thing is, this team sucks. Why not see if these young arms have it or not, or at least give them some big league experience. Felix is nothing more than fodder for a nastalgic fan base.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2019
    When does all star voting start? Is Vogelbach still the best hitter in the league? Now that Altuve went down can Encarnacion make a push at 2B??
  • Options

When does all star voting start? Is Vogelbach still the best hitter in the league? Now that Altuve went down can Encarnacion make a push at 2B??

pressing
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

pressing
    am I really though?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I love this thread every year.

I bought into the M’s because they were supposed to be bad and I thought it was fitting that this year would be the year they were finally good.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,470
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yankees 1st place in east.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Yankees 1st place in east.

WOOF
  • Options
    I'm a big run differential guy.

The Pittsburgh Pirates are the only team in baseball with a worse run differential than the Mariners while also having a better record. This tells me that the Mariners and Pirates both have a win/loss the exceeds what it should be. So, the Mariners are actually playing worse than what their 23-26 record indicates. This might be the best it gets for the Mariners this season.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

The Pittsburgh Pirates are the only team in baseball with a worse run differential than the Mariners while also having a better record. This tells me that the Mariners and Pirates both have a win/loss the exceeds what it should be. So, the Mariners are actually playing worse than what their 23-26 record indicates. This might be the best it gets for the Mariners this season.

This is true.

HOWEVER they also had an incredible run differential when they were winning, one that seemed (and was) unsustainably good.

I expect we’ll find the same thing with what we’re seein now. I think they’re playing worse than they are. The losses will continue but the ass kickings will slow down.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

They are 10 - 25 since their hot start (that would net 65 wins over a full season). They definitely are as bad as that stat would indicate.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This is true.

HOWEVER they also had an incredible run differential when they were winning, one that seemed (and was) unsustainably good.

I expect we’ll find the same thing with what we’re seein now. I think they’re playing worse than they are. The losses will continue but the ass kickings will slow down.
    Based on what though? Our roster talent would certainly suggest that this nice 10-26 run we're on is definitely sustainable. I for one see a nice of summer ass kickings incoming.

Good news is that we have some hawt recruiting action to keep us all captivated.
  • Options

They are 10 - 25 since their hot start (that would net 65 wins over a full season). They definitely are as bad as that stat would indicate.
    That's my point. I'm saying their record is better than what it should be.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club
    I don't have anything against Scott Servais, but the truth is that he can go 40-162 but because he's in Seattle he's got 100% job security.
  • Options

I don't have anything against Scott Servais, but the truth is that he can go 40-162 but because he's in Seattle he's got 100% job security.

I wouldn’t go that far. Management always needs a scapegoat.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

17 game skid coming soon

HI