Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

yeah yeah its not football talk, but game of thrones...

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Holy fuck did this show get absolutely trashed. PGOS tried to tell you it was jumping the shark around season 5. Not even he could have predicted this shitshow

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,181
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Dungeons and Dragons
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019
    It was like watching Beavlet try to be a power 5 football program.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    haie said:

It was like watching Beavlet try to be a power 5 football program.

Beavlet has beaten Notre Dame, more than the mighty men in black and white and chrome can say
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,853
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Should I watch this series? I've never tried GOT because dungeons and dragons doesn't tend to fall in my wheelhouse.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,177
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Should I watch this series? I've never tried GOT because dungeons and dragons doesn't tend to fall in my wheelhouse.

That was the thing, the first four seasons were the genre being turned on its head with realistic actions/consequences in a D&D world setting. From then on it just kept devolving into what it had set out to destroy.

Wait for it to be released on netflix.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

That was the thing, the first four seasons were the genre being turned on its head with realistic actions/consequences in a D&D world setting. From then on it just kept devolving into what it had set out to destroy.

Wait for it to be released on netflix.
    What he meant to say was: First four seasons had copious amounts of nudity, eye-popping sex scenes and general debauchery....

Then Khaleesi got all prim and proper and quit taking it doggy style from Aquaman.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The first four seasons are in my opinion the greatest stuff ever put to the small screen. Once they ran out of the book source material (season 5) it started declining and then eventually fell off a cliff. I had to split them into separate headcanons. I'm a big fantasy/sci-fi person though and loved the books before seeing the show so those were contributing factors to my fanhood/despondency as well.

Do as you will.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker