Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sawyer Racanelli 3* WR/LB 2020, Brush Prairie (Hockinson), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

We took him at WR... fuck

Pete has a pretty damn good track record of every two-way recruit ending up at his best position. Can you name any player Pete has put at the wrong position?

Whether Sawyer ends up a WR or an ILB, I'm pretty confident it'll be the right spot.
    Darrell Daniels. All-conference linebacker and Azeem Victor clone. Anybody who disagrees didn't pay attention to his special teams play. Pretty sure he killed a guy!
    That's a good rebuttal. He certainly wasn't a bad tight end for us, but I always liked him better as a defensive prospect. Even today in the NFL he can't catch for shit.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

He then said this is Junior’s first commit because he did nothing for Puka ALTHOUGH

1. Having Junior on the visit to talk the similarities between Pettis and Cooper Kupp while Oregon was trying to convince his mom they were gonna hire the equivalent to Jerry Rice as a WR Coach was a HUGE if not decisive factor. (Lil cash didn’t hurt either)

2. Junior started recruiting Sawyer after Jimmy because they had heard that Sawyer loved Cal until UCLA said he could play offense there (one of Chips greatest recruiting weapons) and UCLA basically jumped Cal. So while I’m not mad at Junior (yet) I’m pretty sure @backthepack could’ve gotten this kid to commit.
    WTF are you talking about with respect to a lil cash?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Film looks good. He may position change, see McGary or Cook or whoever. So don’t get too hung up on that right now imo.
  • Options
    Dawg_Stan1Dawg_Stan1 Member Posts: 45
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

Pete has a pretty damn good track record of every two-way recruit ending up at his best position. Can you name any player Pete has put at the wrong position?

Whether Sawyer ends up a WR or an ILB, I'm pretty confident it'll be the right spot.
    Zeke Turner. Should have been a LB
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Jake Browning
    Good point. Should have been punting.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    TTJ said:

Draco Bynum
    Trey Lowe
    Discrimination against kids from Oregon.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,502
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Draco Bynum
    Trey Lowe
    How could you possibly know this? Arent they both sophs?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TTJ said:

Draco Bynum
    Trey Lowe
    Disagree on both.

Draco isn't going to see playing time at TE or DL any time soon. Who knows or cares where he ends up. As for Trey, are you suggesting he get moved to RB? I don't see any immediate benefit there, especially since I think he's poised to become a damn fine slot receiver for us. I'm not opposed to getting him carries, so I think WR utilizes his versatility better.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Draco is light years away from PT at DL. And he’ll be overtaken by a bunch of true frosh soon too. WTE has proven a very important role in our offense, and there’s currently only one true WTE on the roster. Over the last three years, Pete’s offense has performed best with two WTEs on the field at the same time. Moving Draco is an absolute no-brainer, IMO.

Trey is fine at WR, I guess, if 5’7” benchwarmers are your jam. The WR depth chart is super crowded, though, with bigger targets who can go up and catch contested balls. At RB, Trey could have an immediate 3rd down role. Trey also runs better in traffic than any back currently on roster (at least until Davis arrives).
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,502
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Draco is light years away from PT at DL. And he’ll be overtaken by a bunch of true frosh soon too. WTE has proven a very important role in our offense, and there’s currently only one true WTE on the roster. Over the last three years, Pete’s offense has performed best with two WTEs on the field at the same time. Moving Draco is an absolute no-brainer, IMO.

Trey is fine at WR, I guess, if 5’7” benchwarmers are your jam. The WR depth chart is super crowded, though, with bigger targets who can go up and catch contested balls. At RB, Trey could have an immediate 3rd down role. Trey also runs better in traffic than any back currently on roster (at least until Davis arrives).

Lot of speculation here. Lowe is a worse McGrew...not every person on the DL is going to be a starter. Some people are just fine rotating in game their RS Junior and Senior seasons.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Draco needs to put some weight in that ass before he seems the field
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Agreed. I always thought he was going to be a great scatback. We'll see how he's used before I pass judgement though.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

TTJ said:

Agreed. I always thought he was going to be a great scatback. We'll see how he's used before I pass judgement though.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

Bold statement, I know.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I think his size is legit. From the video I posted a couple weeks ago, him running through the hole he was clearly one of the bigger guys on the field. Super stoked. I think this kid has intangibles that maybe dont translate to film or numbers. Hope he commits soon, mostly because commitments are like a drug and I need a fix! Also because I think we can only take so many more white guys.

Gaaaaaard
    Garbers
    Redman
    Hatchet
    Raconelli

That's about the quota. Of course unless there are meaty badass linemen to be had.

Might need to make room for one more in Carson Bruener... knowing Gregory he'll need to take a white lb
    I don't think Bruener will get an offer at this point. I feel like Gregory's white LB will end up being Nick Herbig.
    Nailed it
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

I think his size is legit. From the video I posted a couple weeks ago, him running through the hole he was clearly one of the bigger guys on the field. Super stoked. I think this kid has intangibles that maybe dont translate to film or numbers. Hope he commits soon, mostly because commitments are like a drug and I need a fix! Also because I think we can only take so many more white guys.

Gaaaaaard
    Garbers
    Redman
    Hatchet
    Raconelli

That's about the quota. Of course unless there are meaty badass linemen to be had.

Might need to make room for one more in Carson Bruener... knowing Gregory he'll need to take a white lb
    I don't think Bruener will get an offer at this point. I feel like Gregory's white LB will end up being Nick Herbig.
    Nailed it
    Only singling out my incorrect takes, I see how it is.