Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW Begins Filling out Future Schedules, Inks Wildcats to a 2024 Game

2»

Comments

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited May 2019
    I don't think anybody good wants to schedule a home and home with UW anymore. Long travel. Difficult opponent. I think Michigan and Ohio State scheduled us a while back thinking we would be solid but not a real threat to beat them. 2020 and beyond, UW should be good enough to beat anybody, especially if it's a home game. We're gonna beat Michigan's ass next season if Eason stays.

As long as Bama is going to the playoff every year with a cupcake schedule I don't really give a fuck. They take the easiest path to the CFP every year and are never punished for it. The cupcake games are also good for getting young players game reps and developing depth.
  • DugdawgDugdawg Member Posts: 308
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    If we're going to whine about weak OOC schedules we should at least acknowledge the challenges Jen faces scheduling quality opponents at home. How many of those 12 losses were at home? I see LSU beat us by 8 in '09.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,411
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tulsa, and now Weber State?! Woo hoo, we? are on FIRE! JFC. Kinda hard to fill the stadium when you're scheduling dreck, Jenn/Peterman!
  • DugdawgDugdawg Member Posts: 308
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    My lasting memories of that game are 1) my brother and me elbowing a bunch of Tiger fans out of the way so that the first thing the LSU players saw when they got off their bus was a couple of drunken husky fans woofing at them.... and 2) the immense disappointment at losing the fucking game.....as usual. Doogs Dooging is beside the point. We suck until we don't. That doesn't change the fact that it's tough to get anyone good to come play here.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dugdawg said:

Someone needs to tell the SEC they're pussies for being afraid to come out here and play us at home.

LSU beat us 41-3

Alabama beat us soundly on a neutral field

Auburn beat us on a neutral field.

Washington is something like 1-12 all time against the SEC. (If you don't count the forfeit win over Mississippi State in 1977)

We aren't in a position to call them pussies for God's sake
    I get that, but their schedules are still ridiculous. It’s a top heavy league like the rest of them.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Dugdawg said:

If we're going to whine about weak OOC schedules we should at least acknowledge the challenges Jen faces scheduling quality opponents at home. How many of those 12 losses were at home? I see LSU beat us by 8 in '09.

and we watched in horror as Doogs celebrated that loss as a win on Dawgman
    It made the 41-3 loss three years later all the more demoralizing. Then that spawned Kim's classic "When I saw those LSU linemen standing there on the field, I knew we didn't have a chance"* comment to admonish those of us who were upset that Sark allowed such a beat down in year four. He always was adept at trying to look like the smartest guy in the room once the game actually concluded. Him and Fleenor have a lot in common.

*He first said this about the 2010 Nebraska ass whooping. Thankfully our fantastic nutrition program miraculously bridged the gap in four months, just in time for the Holiday Bowl.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2019

Derek saw this coming.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pretty sure SEC fans think a 9 game Pac 12 schedule is cake, cup.

One LA school per year. Lots of dreck

• digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,411
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The SEC plays an 8 game conference schedule AND schedules cupcakes near the end of their seasons. If you can't see how that gives them a distinct advantage of getting into the CFP, I can't help you.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Dugdawg said:

Someone needs to tell the SEC they're pussies for being afraid to come out here and play us at home.

LSU beat us 41-3

Alabama beat us soundly on a neutral field

Auburn beat us on a neutral field.

Washington is something like 1-12 all time against the SEC. (If you don't count the forfeit win over Mississippi State in 1977)

We aren't in a position to call them pussies for God's sake
    They wanted nothing to do with us in our heyday. Pussies.
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Renew the Miami rivalry in 2022 at Vegas Raiders stadium

I know you read this bored, Jen
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Dugdawg said:

and, quite honestly, that was probably the source of Sark's more appropriate comment of all time.

to paraphrase "I've never been congratulated so much for losing a game" (while looking befuddled...which, we all thought at the time was the confused look of an elite coach who lost a game and didn't get excoriated for it...but turns out was likely the confusion a drunkard has when he doesn't really know where he is or how he got there).

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Renew the Miami rivalry in 2022 at Vegas Raiders stadium

I know you read this bored, Jen

Miami is boring and shitty these days. There's about 40 teams I want to see us play before them.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Meek said:

Dugdawg said:

and, quite honestly, that was probably the source of Sark's more appropriate comment of all time.

to paraphrase "I've never been congratulated so much for losing a game" (while looking befuddled...which, we all thought at the time was the confused look of an elite coach who lost a game and didn't get excoriated for it...but turns out was likely the confusion a drunkard has when he doesn't really know where he is or how he got there).

It's all been downhill here since sark left.

The sky is gray

Pumpy no longer eats ass

Sad