Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mike Vorel reads this board.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    He took other visits after giving a verbal ... Pete not a fan of that
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Yep, I think he hosted Shaw or vice versa.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,889
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Vorel is a godsend. He’s also the first Seattle Times UW guy who has an actual personality. So points for that I guess.

Ddy loves him as well 🤣

“Thanks for reading”
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Hey Mike...

Stalin Approved.
    And there are those that say I can’t evaluate female talent. ;)
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

If Pete really had him, he wouldn’t have gone on the visit.
    As I remember, the kid visited Stanford because his stepdad or somebody was pushing him there. The kid lied to Petersen about it and Pete told him to fuck off.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,979
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Hey Mike...

Stalin Approved.
    She's a 10 in my book.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Hey Mike...

Stalin Approved.
    She's a 10 in my book.
    https://derekjohnsonbooks.com/
    Wait until the new website is unveiled, for my next book. Totally different look to it.
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Let’s be clear ...

I love local recruits because they should have the most tie ins to the program ... highest success rates are the closer you get to campus

That doesn’t mean because you are a local recruit that you are entitled to an offer ...

Very different concepts

The article didn’t mention offers at all. It talked about how the top 2 Washington players who are nationally recruited usually leave the state dating back to Myles Jack. No one is saying offer local guys just because theyre local, people are wondering if this is the most successful run UDUB has had & If Pete kept his word about to not recruiting WA like Sark & losing Dozier, Banner, Garnett, Browne, Russell, Jack how come we’re losing Smalls, Skinny, Fozzy, Weddington, Scott, and Treshaun? If we can’t land those kids now, when can we?
    I'm not trying to WDWHA but CP never offered Gee or DJ and didn't seem invested in recruiting Tre'Shaun. I'm with Teq on Weddington... So I'd argue that is not even close to Sark. However, Fozzy and Sav'ell, well we screwed that up.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hey Mike...

Stalin Approved.
    She's a 10 in my book.
    Wait until the new website is unveiled, for my next book. Totally different look to it.
    "Bowdownto.....?
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Passion said:

Tequilla said:

Let’s be clear ...

I love local recruits because they should have the most tie ins to the program ... highest success rates are the closer you get to campus

That doesn’t mean because you are a local recruit that you are entitled to an offer ...

Very different concepts

The article didn’t mention offers at all. It talked about how the top 2 Washington players who are nationally recruited usually leave the state dating back to Myles Jack. No one is saying offer local guys just because theyre local, people are wondering if this is the most successful run UDUB has had & If Pete kept his word about to not recruiting WA like Sark & losing Dozier, Banner, Garnett, Browne, Russell, Jack how come we’re losing Smalls, Skinny, Fozzy, Weddington, Scott, and Treshaun? If we can’t land those kids now, when can we?
    I'm not trying to WDWHA but CP never offered Gee or DJ and didn't seem invested in recruiting Tre'Shaun. I'm with Teq on Weddington... So I'd argue that is not even close to Sark. However, Fozzy and Sav'ell, well we screwed that up.
    Sark took losing the state to a whole new level. That 2012 class of whiffs was the stuff of legends. Pete will never come close to that level of ineptitude.

But losing Smalls would trump any single loss from the last 20 years. Given how successful we've been on the field, how much he loved us just months earlier, and how good of a fit he is in terms of both team needs and personality, you just can't understate what a failure it is.
    Your first point: Don't forget that Sark also whiffed on Budda Baker and Kaleb McGary. The change to Petersen is what saved them.

Your second point: Allowing another school to define you in such a short period of time - especially after you've worked so hard for years to define yourself - is the definition of being careless, negligent, and "asleep at the wheel."
    Great poast.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Hey Mike...

Stalin Approved.
    She's a 10 in my book.
    "Bowdownto.....?
    Gilby
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Hey Mike...

Stalin Approved.
    She's a 10 in my book.
    "Bowdownto.....?
    Gilbyham