Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

That’s the worst trade I’ve ever seen.

You don't follow Mariner baseball then.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

What are you referring to exactly. It's been awhile since the Bedard debacle, every trade Dipoto has made looks be working out well so far.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

2001400ex said:

What are you referring to exactly. It's been awhile since the Bedard debacle, every trade Dipoto has made looks be working out well so far.
    No.

The trade for Drew Smyly was awful. The James Paxton trade thus far looks terrible - Sheffield has been trash. Dealing Luis Rengifo looks awful. There have been plenty of other bad ones buttfuck it who can even keep up with as many deals as he's made?

I think DiPoto's been an overall positive as a trader for the M's but he's not batting anything close to 1.000.

The Bedard trade was a disaster of epic proportions. Bavasi had some other bad ones too, most notably giving up Shin Soo Choo and Asdrubal Cabrera in back to back deals for platoon DH's.

Wasn't Bavasi but who can forget the David Arias deal?

Fuck the Mariners.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

No.

The trade for Drew Smyly was awful. The James Paxton trade thus far looks terrible - Sheffield has been trash. Dealing Luis Rengifo looks awful. There have been plenty of other bad ones buttfuck it who can even keep up with as many deals as he's made?

I think DiPoto's been an overall positive as a trader for the M's but he's not batting anything close to 1.000.

The Bedard trade was a disaster of epic proportions. Bavasi had some other bad ones too, most notably giving up Shin Soo Choo and Asdrubal Cabrera in back to back deals for platoon DH's.

Fuck the Mariners.
    Yeah, using the qualifier of "every" was a bit silly. I'll grant you the Smyly trade, I forgot about that. What a crippled waste he was. Rengifo turned out to be a decent prospect, and yeah we might as well have received a bucket of balls give how useless the two guys we got were. But that wasn't really a high stakes trade.

As for the Paxton trade, that still looks like a great move to me. Sure, Sheffield hasn't looked great in his limited time in Tacoma, but he's still our #1 prospect at just 23 years old. We also got two other guys (Dom and Swanson) who are in the top 15 of our prospects. Meanwhile Paxton continues to suffer from his annual pre-June injury, and I'd bet good money that's not the only time it happens this year. I don't think he'll ever be a true #1 with how inconsistent his health is. So I'm still pretty happy with the move.

2025 should be special.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

2001400ex said:

No.

Fuck the Mariners.
    Yeah, using the qualifier of "every" was a bit silly. I'll grant you the Smyly trade, I forgot about that. What a crippled waste he was. Rengifo turned out to be a decent prospect, and yeah we might as well have received a bucket of balls give how useless the two guys we got were. But that wasn't really a high stakes trade.

As for the Paxton trade, that still looks like a great move to me. Sure, Sheffield hasn't looked great in his limited time in Tacoma, but he's still our #1 prospect at just 23 years old. We also got two other guys (Dom and Swanson) who are in the top 15 of our prospects. Meanwhile Paxton continues to suffer from his annual pre-June injury, and I'd bet good money that's not the only time it happens this year. I don't think he'll ever be a true #1 with how inconsistent his health is. So I'm still pretty happy with the move.

2025 should be special.
    Sheffield is not our number one prospect anymore. The lists will adjust. Kellenic is definitely ahead of him and honestly I like Dunn’s future better at this point as well. Gilbert is clearly the best pitchimg prospect in our system. And White is probably a better prospect than Sheffield by now. Julio too if he hadn’t gotten hurt.

I’ll bet money Sheffield is not in our top five prospects by seasons end.

The issue is not if it was better to keep Paxton, it’s could we have gotten a better return for him. The answer there is almost certainly yes. It was a disappointment at the time and has only looked worse since then.

Sheffield has been completely awful.

I want to like Swanson but he’s gotten rocked too. Dom might be something.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

No.

Fuck the Mariners.

2025 should be special.
    Sheffield is not our number one prospect anymore. The lists will adjust. Kellenic is definitely ahead of him and honestly I like Dunn’s future better at this point as well. Gilbert is clearly the best pitchimg prospect in our system. And White is probably a better prospect than Sheffield by now. Julio too if he hadn’t gotten hurt.

The issue is not if it was better to keep Paxton, it’s could we have gotten a better return for him. The answer there is almost certainly yes. It was a disappointment at the time and has only looked worse since then.

Yeah I'm definitely not as sour on Sheffield as you are. He's been underwhelming in Tacoma, but certainly not awful. He's also dominated AAA ball before this year, so it's not like we're still waiting to see if he can hack it at that level.

It's May. LIPO.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

No.

Fuck the Mariners.

2025 should be special.

Yeah I'm definitely not as sour on Sheffield as you are. He's been underwhelming in Tacoma, but certainly not awful. He's also dominated AAA ball before this year, so it's not like we're still waiting to see if he can hack it at that level.

It's May. LIPO.
    He’s walked 7 per 9 innings.

Just as scarily, he’s only struck out 7 per 9 innings.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

2001400ex said:

No.

Fuck the Mariners.

2025 should be special.

They are Mariners now. That means they suck.