Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

US News and World Report: Wind farms make Washington the nation's best state

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Not for birds

We should get rid of Windows on buildings too.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,631
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Not for birds

It's OK to kill endangered species if you are a greenie. Bald Eagle tastes a lot like Spotted Owl.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Not for birds

It's OK to kill endangered species if you are a greenie. Bald Eagle tastes a lot like Spotted Owl.
    On August 9, 2007, the bald eagle was removed from the federal list of threatened and endangered species. After nearly disappearing from most of the United States decades ago, the bald eagle is now flourishing across the nation and no longer needs the protection of the Endangered Species Act.

The two main factors that led to the recovery of the bald eagle were the banning of the pesticide DDT and habitat protection afforded by the Endangered Species Act for nesting sites and important feeding and roost sites. This recovery could not have been accomplished without the support and cooperation of many private and public landowners.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Great headline as always.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Not for birds

On August 9, 2007, the bald eagle was removed from the federal list of threatened and endangered species. After nearly disappearing from most of the United States decades ago, the bald eagle is now flourishing across the nation and no longer needs the protection of the Endangered Species Act.

The two main factors that led to the recovery of the bald eagle were the banning of the pesticide DDT and habitat protection afforded by the Endangered Species Act for nesting sites and important feeding and roost sites. This recovery could not have been accomplished without the support and cooperation of many private and public landowners.
    So windmills don't kill endangered species?

I know Baldy's aren't protected anymore that's how I know what they taste! My @Swaye war bonnet is pretty bad ass too.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,572
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Not for birds

I know Baldy's aren't protected anymore that's how I know what they taste! My @Swaye war bonnet is pretty bad ass too.
    Migratory Bird Treaty act and the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, disagree with you.

ESA is a whole different shabang... apples and testicles.
  • Options
    MisterEm said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Not for birds

Migratory Bird Treaty act and the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, disagree with you.

ESA is a whole different shabang... apples and testicles.
    Pass the California Condor wings will ya?