Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is the commute anchoring Jimmy Lake for a long tenure at UW?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Baphomet said:

Gwad said:
    Lake and the UW AD need to make a better video than this 6-second version with no sound but some wind.

Make it 30 seconds and show the boat getting closer to the stadium, with some rocking soundtrack.

Side note: I used to do this drive in my boat late at night after hitting the clubs in Kirkland, back to my moorage on Lake Union. At 3am nobody is around to make sure you obey the 7-knot speed limit in the cut or potage bay. Epic times. Cool story, I know.
    You sound formerly rich and possibly old.

Ever eat at davinci’s? That’s when pours could still afford parts of k-town.
    Rich? No... just middle class but never had kids so I was able to afford a toy once in a while. I also got lucky and a friend with a houseboat on LU let me keep my boat tied up there in the summers as long as I was quiet when I'd come back at 3am.

Old? Maybe... at least old enough that I can't remember the names of any of the places I used to hit in Kirkland -- this was 10 years ago. Maybe I should eat more foods with anti-oxidants and stop drinking so much IPA.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Baphomet said:

Gwad said:
    Lake and the UW AD need to make a better video than this 6-second version with no sound but some wind.

Make it 30 seconds and show the boat getting closer to the stadium, with some rocking soundtrack.

Side note: I used to do this drive in my boat late at night after hitting the clubs in Kirkland, back to my moorage on Lake Union. At 3am nobody is around to make sure you obey the 7-knot speed limit in the cut or potage bay. Epic times. Cool story, I know.
    Agreed. That was like making a video of your new McLaren in the garage.

Christ fucking sakes, he's going to work - on his boat. You don't get much cooler than that shit. Play it up!
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dflea said:

Baphomet said:

Gwad said:

Agreed. That was like making a video of your new McLaren in the garage.

Christ fucking sakes, he's going to work - on his boat. You don't get much cooler than that shit. Play it up!
    violates OKG ethics
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I tweeted that Don James walked to work this way but don't want a @GrundleStiltzkin flag for self promotion
    Where is the fly over if the strategically placed rose
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm sorry, that tweet was amateur ville and might appeal to the altar boys, but THIS is how you show off that ride if you want to recruit the 5 star talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM
  • Options
    McLovinMcLovin Member Posts: 38
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

Gwad said:

You sound formerly rich and possibly old.

Ever eat at davinci’s? That’s when pours could still afford parts of k-town.
    Maybe I should eat more foods with anti-oxidants and stop drinking so much IPA.
    Why doesn't somebody make an IPA that is high in anti-oxidants?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,574
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Slick Rick was always fond of the boat commute. Jimmy "next head coach at UW" Lake. Keep him here a little longer.