Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is the expectation that Jones and Fuller will slide right back into starting roles once healthy?

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
I hope not. They missed a crucial spring with a new WR coach in a group that underwhelmed horribly last year (Browning being Browning notwithstanding). I really hope the underclassmen WRs play, or at the very least Fuller and Jones genuinely beat them out in competition. Jones kinda meandered about and Fuller fell off hard down the stretch last year. I get he was probably injured, but I'm going to have an aneurysm if we don't see Ozzie/Spiker/Bynum in copious amounts. Puka "Oedipus" Nacua too.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    It will be special to see Ty Jones come in on redzone only for jump balls in the corner.

This will be setup by the "here comes Chico on the reverse."
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I go back and forth. I do not think they’ll be handed the job so to speak.

While it was only 1 game, I thought vs. Auburn they really showed what they were capable of, when deployed correctly.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Ozzie was mentioned by name by Pete in regards to who impressed. Every time that happens a player gets time.

I think Bynum/Ozzie/Spiker/Lowe showed some things in spring to make it a competition in fall. Opera Singer was healthy and yet never was talked about as doing anything. That tells me the young guys will get equal reps with Fuller and Jones and the best will play.

Pete has always said rotation is made by position coaches, and Junior doesn’t owe anyone favors.

Opera singer was in Petersen’s pic with the spring ball MVPs
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm still on the fence on if I think Jones will ever develop into anything worthwhile. He has all the physical tools and still has 2 years left but I expected him to make more of a splash last year. The knock on him in high school was that he played like a pussy when facing talented teams and tore it up against crappy defenders. He hasn't done much to change that label imo

I want to believe. He looked like a beast in high school. From what I’ve seen at UW, I don’t see a guy that is fluid enough. He moves awkwardly and looks clumsy.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

Ozzie was mentioned by name by Pete in regards to who impressed. Every time that happens a player gets time.

I think Bynum/Ozzie/Spiker/Lowe showed some things in spring to make it a competition in fall. Opera Singer was healthy and yet never was talked about as doing anything. That tells me the young guys will get equal reps with Fuller and Jones and the best will play.

Pete has always said rotation is made by position coaches, and Junior doesn’t owe anyone favors.

Opera singer was in Petersen’s pic with the spring ball MVPs
    He coached up the young guys really well and was a leader in the meeting room?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    fuck all ya bitches. team #fuller all the fucking way
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited May 2019

Baseman said:

A QB with an arm might help

God damn I can't wait for you all to hate Eason
    It’s hard to hate a guy who will start the year as the backup
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I knew Jones would be a pussy when he said in an interview that he didn't like getting too physical because his brother used to beat him up.

I'd prefer to have a WR that would kick his brother's ass.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Now's the time to appreciate burning Ty's redshirt for a whopping 7 catches in 2017.

If a guy with his measurables isn't garnering enough NFL interest to leave before year 5, then we probably don't want him for year 5 anyways.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,913
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Baseman said:

A QB with an arm might help

God damn I can't wait for you all to hate Eason
    Did you want me to start a countdown clock?