Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sister Morphine

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
In chart form with fun graphs. AS you can see Oxy is for gurly men. If you've had surgery you want the Hydro-morphine which is the good shit and won't kill you like fentanyl.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Looks like I have been doing it wrong. Fentanyl is my new best friend.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Trigger warning ( insert praying dog.gif here) for @HHusky.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I propose a toast
    To my self control
    You see it crawling
    Helpless on the floor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwN6aM91OTg
  • Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I see the lighter side of this subject however, there is an element of opioids that doesn't get talked about much, if ever.

There are a substantial number of people who depend on opioids to function and contribute to society. These folks have a physical dependence on the drugs but not a psychological addiction. Because they have chronic pain and have not ever abused the drugs to get high you would never know they use them. Without these drugs, these people would likely be left with a life not worth living.
    The crisis of abuse is real. The thought of being left without these meds leave many frightened about what their future might hold.

Just wanted to mention this. Please carry on...….
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blu82 said:

I see the lighter side of this subject however, there is an element of opioids that doesn't get talked about much, if ever.

There are a substantial number of people who depend on opioids to function and contribute to society. These folks have a physical dependence on the drugs but not a psychological addiction. Because they have chronic pain and have not ever abused the drugs to get high you would never know they use them. Without these drugs, these people would likely be left with a life not worth living.
    The crisis of abuse is real. The thought of being left without these meds leave many frightened about what their future might hold.

I think this best describes me - but is it bad for me to wait until the pain has gone away, then take them?
    LebamDawg said:

Blu82 said:

I think this best describes me - but is it bad for me to wait until the pain has gone away, then take them?
    In my best medical opinion, there are better highs.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blu82 said:

I think prescription opioids are a god send. My life was hell for a few weeks and wouldn't have been infinitely worse w/o them.

Blu82 said:

I think prescription opioids are a god send. My life was hell for a few weeks and wouldn't have been infinitely worse w/o them.
    You used them as prescribed, knew when to put them down.
    Folks with chronic pain issues are another story. Their pain doesn't stop.
    Prescription opioids are a godsend for them as well. Or, until they get taken away/outlawed.
    That's the frightening part.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,654
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Wait until big pharma gets their own CBD/THC guys in there.

Swaye's Wigwam
    Blu82 said:

Blu82 said:

You used them as prescribed, knew when to put them down.
    Folks with chronic pain issues are another story. Their pain doesn't stop.
    Prescription opioids are a godsend for them as well. Or, until they get taken away/outlawed.
    That's the frightening part.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    LebamDawg said:

Blu82 said:

Is it bad that I save them for an occasional cross fade and/or hangover cure?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Fuck you gaus. Now I want some Vicodin.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    salemcoog said:

LebamDawg said:

Blu82 said:

Is it bad that I save them for an occasional cross fade and/or hangover cure?
    [Like we say .... NO!.gif]
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sorry @Blu82 I never would have commented if I could read, "and contribute to society"

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Fuck you gaus. Now I want some Vicodin.

Doesn't do a thing for me. Most pain killers don't do much. My family has a ridiculously high tolerance to the damn stuff which really sucks. When you're hurting bad they will never give me enough to do much of anything.