Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yella's got big balls, Pumpeii - do you?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
I don't need to wait for fall camp. I'm going with the over which is 11-1 and 1st in the North. I tried damned hard to find a second or even a third loss, but it's just not in the schedule. There will be some growing pains earlier in the season, but ultimately the 2019 squad will be better than 2018 which ain't saying much IMHO.

Strap on a pair of balls and let's hear what you got @puppylove_sugarsteel ...

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know that Oregon is going down and they are going down hard

That one's got 34-20 (a la 1999) written all over it. Pete is going to stack NW Championships here like cord wood.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I also forgot to dedicate this poast to my Dwag and the best steelheader this side of Maltby @dflea
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Fuck me for riding with old yella but if Eason is who we think he is this team is going to be better.

Not sold on safety play, but Cam Williams killing it in spring and Irvin/Asa participating in Fall plus a soft opening schedule eases the worry.

DL will be dominant. Edge play will be more explosive.

Feel the same about ILB as safety, enough talent and time to not completely drop off from the AA BBK era.

OL will be the best in Pete era to give Salvon bigger holes to explode through. I like Pleasant and Mcgrew as hard running pace changers.

BTE and WTE have at least 3 guys that will be in the NFL and they aren't freshman anymore.

WR is hugely upgraded with the talent finally showing out. Even the JAGs will be better with another year and a real QB.

I'm shocked how little preseason hype this team is getting. National pundits have Oregon as the runaway favorite, but I'm not seeing it.

UW wins it going away.

They can be as big as a Mack truck.

Ahmed will still head towards the sidelines.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Fuck me for riding with old yella but if Eason is who we think he is this team is going to be better.

Not sold on safety play, but Cam Williams killing it in spring and Irvin/Asa participating in Fall plus a soft opening schedule eases the worry.

Feel the same about ILB as safety, enough talent and time to not completely drop off from the AA BBK era.

OL will be the best in Pete era to give Salvon bigger holes to explode through. I like Pleasant and Mcgrew as hard running pace changers.

BTE and WTE have at least 3 guys that will be in the NFL and they aren't freshman anymore.

WR is hugely upgraded with the talent finally showing out. Even the JAGs will be better with another year and a real QB.

I'm shocked how little preseason hype this team is getting. National pundits have Oregon as the runaway favorite, but I'm not seeing it.

UW wins it going away.

"But UW lost 9 starters on D and their starting QB!!!"
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

UW wins it going away.

It's like all any pundit or mouth breather, beat reporter can think about in projecting wins and losses is number of returning starters or senior QBs. Fuck all that. Clemspson won at NT with a true frosh. I'm not saying Eason is going to be All American or All Pac but the odds of him being a downgrade from Browing are remote at best. I don't care if he throws a few more pics or his completion percentage is lower than Browning. It's all about can you put points on the board when needed and under duress. Jake stunk in this regard.

I think every position group on D could be better or, at least, on par with 2018 performance by the end of the year. We should be better at every group on O except RB.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    0-12 until we're (?) not.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Only Oregon has run the conference gauntlet unscathed (2010) since Carroll left USC. We likely drop Stanford on the farm and maybe in the desert. 10-2 P12C.

No excuse for offense to not be good with the OL TEs and RBs we have.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

10-2.

I think they'll take SC seriously this time, but this leaves them susceptible to letdown in a tough game on the road at Stanford in front of a pro-UW crowd.
    I think Pete takes racismgate personally and rams the plunger deep into Oregon. At least three scores. Maybe they get caught looking forward to that one, though and fuck off against Arizona.
    They get a bye before the mighty Ute, but that game is still a tossup.

The teams they'll play that actually have some talent are USC, Stanford, Utah, and Oregon. They'll lose to one of them. Only Stanford on the road, so I'll go with that.
    They'll inexplicably drop one game to some shit team, and we'll all be buying new TVs after throwing something through our current ones. Good options here are Arizona and Colorado.

I believe every season will be the same until it isn't.

This is why it's good I have a projector.