Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

D'Andre "DJ" Rogers, 2020 TE, Sammamish (Eastside Catholic), WA

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

Tequilla said:

I’ll just say that if what I heard was true ... we aren’t ever offering

Sounds like extracurricular activities and poor decision making that once authorities get wind of it - bad news and dismissal from team.

Not worth the time and effort, especially with Petermans risk adverse style and philosophy
    This but if said extracurricular activities did lead to authorities involvement then the hammer would’ve dropped already.

I’m going to be pissed when he catches two TD’s against us in the pac-12 ship, rose bowl, or CFP.

He’s my BTE, I want him but “petermans risk adverse style” won’t allow it.

If you ask me, and this likely won’t be popular, Pete is teaching boys to be men and is being a hypocrite with this one. If he believes his own bullshit then why not take a kid that truly needs the type of system that peterman offers, build him 4 life, and give him the additional pieces outside of football that might be lacking.

Extend the offer but with circumstances, with a short leash. No way other coaches, who are offering him, don’t know the circumstances as to why the local school isn’t offering.

If it’s not only about winning, then it’s about okg and built 4 lyfe. If it’s truly built 4 lyfe and okg, then pull the trigger and make a positive life lasting impact on a kid that needs it.

We all make mistakes.

But what do I know... I just want to win football games.
    I think Peterman is capable of doing that ... but his leash is so short that he won't consider the kind of risks that we would take much less the players that don James would have taken lol.

So we'll have to just accept croots going to other schools playing well against us.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

Tequilla said:

I’ll just say that if what I heard was true ... we aren’t ever offering

Sounds like extracurricular activities and poor decision making that once authorities get wind of it - bad news and dismissal from team.

Not worth the time and effort, especially with Petermans risk adverse style and philosophy
    This but if said extracurricular activities did lead to authorities involvement then the hammer would’ve dropped already.

I’m going to be pissed when he catches two TD’s against us in the pac-12 ship, rose bowl, or CFP.

He’s my BTE, I want him but “petermans risk adverse style” won’t allow it.

If you ask me, and this likely won’t be popular, Pete is teaching boys to be men and is being a hypocrite with this one. If he believes his own bullshit then why not take a kid that truly needs the type of system that peterman offers, build him 4 life, and give him the additional pieces outside of football that might be lacking.

Extend the offer but with circumstances, with a short leash. No way other coaches, who are offering him, don’t know the circumstances as to why the local school isn’t offering.

If it’s not only about winning, then it’s about okg and built 4 lyfe. If it’s truly built 4 lyfe and okg, then pull the trigger and make a positive life lasting impact on a local kid that needs it.

We all make mistakes.

But what do I know... I just want to win football games.
    Totally agree.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2019

Somebody spill the fucking beans already on what DJ did. It’s like saying I have a secret and not telling anybody.

Ask @backthepack but he too fucking high to type out coherent response
    Ironic
    Weed does not = cocaine deepshit. Also engrish is had
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Somebody spill the fucking beans already on what DJ did. It’s like saying I have a secret and not telling anybody.

Ask @backthepack but he too fucking high to type out coherent response
    Ironic
    Weed does not = cocaine deepshit. Also engrish is had
    @WeakarmCobra just freebasing cocaine makes a lot of sense in hindsight
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    animate said:

Yeah, something is fucked when Peterman says shit like "recruiting the State of Washington is super important..." But then the coaches travel all the way to fucking Texas trying to build new pipelines or whatever they are trying to do ... and apparently ignore big-time players in their own back yard?

Wtf is going on man?

Maybe he did some butt stuff?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    RealRhino said:

animate said:

Yeah, something is fucked when Peterman says shit like "recruiting the State of Washington is super important..." But then the coaches travel all the way to fucking Texas trying to build new pipelines or whatever they are trying to do ... and apparently ignore big-time players in their own back yard?

Wtf is going on man?

Dude what?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

RealRhino said:

animate said:

Wtf is going on man?

Dude what?
    Basically anything more than a single finger counts
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    RealRhino said:

animate said:

Wtf is going on man?

This fits in with Peterman's risk adverse style ... No butt stuff.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

RealRhino said:

animate said:

Wtf is going on man?

This fits in with Peterman's risk adverse style ... No butt stuff.
    From my experience... butt stuff is actually the least risky if avoidance of childrens your goal.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019
    animate said:

Wtf is going on man?

I don’t mind not going after Rogers if they truly believe Yurosek is the better player. I think Yurosek ends up a monster. He’s fluid and a great athlete. He’s only 200 pounds and was shucking offensive tackles in his DE film. You gotta get Yurosek first before this isn’t a possible blunder.

I do find it odd that Texas is such a focus when our staff is on the road.