Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,814
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’d rather have pretty cheeks.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He looks good to me. Sign me up. At least based off his offer announcement he knows Seattle isn't in Alaska.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

He looks good to me. Sign me up. At least based off his offer announcement he knows Seattle isn't in Alaska.

I’m still as confused as those Yexass db’s Trying to find Washington university
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,289
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2019
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Paopao can evaluate the fuck out of TE talent. This kid's good but Taylor is mouth watering elite.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Paopao can evaluate the fuck out of TE talent. This kid's good but Taylor is mouth watering elite.

Never hurts having QB experience either. Definitely something they like.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Please explain.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Please explain.
    Yeah this confuses me too. PaoPao is probably pretty good at that aspect, but he wasn't that early on Smith or Taylor.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

UW made his top-10. Pretty impressive offer sheet.

This right here is fucking beautiful. Our TE commit is out here recruiting other TE recruits to join the class. That's some unselfish, low ego OKG shit right there. Wow, I didn't think I could love Mark Redman any more and then he does this. Smith retweeted it too. Our TE recruiting is so hot right now.

So I guess PaoPao is off the chopping block, right teen boi stalkers?

The guy can coach, just like KB. Honestly everyone of our assistant coaches has been phenomenal...except for the WR, OL, Special Teams, and OC.

What are you talking about, PGOS? The usual suspects will say. Huff can recruit well!

Sure, but O Line, more than any other position group besides QB, has held this team back. This roster should be able to beat ASU '17 and Cal '18 by 14 points running nothing but RB dives and pa passes. The O Line really doesnt ever totally pancake and manhandle a team, and gets beat by elite teams (our OOC games).

If the OL can step up in 19 and give Eason time and pave lanes, a trip to the playoffs should be the goal. The schedule is as easy as it can be...at Arizona is the scariest game. If the OL gives Ahmed, McGrew, Pleasant, and maybe Newt or Davis lanes, this team will be a problem until it runs into a top 3 team. I still don't think we can win a playoff game, but we should score more than 7 points.

If the OL is the same as it has been the last 3 years, this is a 10-3 team. Losses to Zona, USC, and the Rose Bowl. Until we can blow USC the fuck out, convincingly win in the desert, and beat someone impressive OOC...this program is not going to be respected by fans nationally.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

This right here is fucking beautiful. Our TE commit is out here recruiting other TE recruits to join the class. That's some unselfish, low ego OKG shit right there. Wow, I didn't think I could love Mark Redman any more and then he does this. Smith retweeted it too. Our TE recruiting is so hot right now.

The guy can coach, just like KB. Honestly everyone of our assistant coaches has been phenomenal...except for the WR, OL, Special Teams, and OC.

What are you talking about, PGOS? The usual suspects will say. Huff can recruit well!

Sure, but O Line, more than any other position group besides QB, has held this team back. This roster should be able to beat ASU '17 and Cal '18 by 14 points running nothing but RB dives and pa passes. The O Line really doesnt ever totally pancake and manhandle a team, and gets beat by elite teams (our OOC games).

If the OL can step up in 19 and give Eason time and pave lanes, a trip to the playoffs should be the goal. The schedule is as easy as it can be...at Arizona is the scariest game. If the OL gives Ahmed, McGrew, Pleasant, and maybe Newt or Davis lanes, this team will be a problem until it runs into a top 3 team. I still don't think we can win a playoff game, but we should score more than 7 points.

If the OL is the same as it has been the last 3 years, this is a 10-3 team. Losses to Zona, USC, and the Rose Bowl. Until we can blow USC the fuck out, convincingly win in the desert, and beat someone impressive OOC...this program is not going to be respected by fans nationally.
    Fuck you, you struggle harder than me these days which is sad. Paopao job description includes recruiting What is wrong with expecting him to recruit well when he is paid $350K per year????

OL was not that terrible. Could they have generated more sure, but they were not the main culprit of the loss. I blame pete, with his shitty offensive scheme. also for being a pussy for not taking more chances.

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,953
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Not concerned about the USC dumpster fire at this point.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Until we prove we can, we cannot blow out USC. When was the last time it happened?

We also need to win at Stanford for once
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

I actually agree with you on this....OL recruiting has been good (Not good enough to win a NC though), but I don't see the development.
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The O Line really doesnt ever totally pancake and manhandle a team, and gets beat by elite teams (our OOC games).

Sacks are QB driven... Unless you can back up our lack of pancakes or define "manhandling", I don't think you have a fucking clue about what you're talking about.
  • Options
    Founders Club

The O Line really doesnt ever totally pancake and manhandle a team, and gets beat by elite teams (our OOC games).

Sacks are QB driven... Unless you can back up our lack of pancakes or define "manhandling", I don't think you have a fucking clue about what you're talking about.

Watch the games, especially against good defenses. They only seem to play physical against WSU
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,953
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Until we prove we can, we cannot blow out USC. When was the last time it happened?

We also need to win at Stanford for once
    I was there last time, unfortunately, and I'll be there this time. Better not happen again.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Huff has been here for two years now and was handed a shit sandwich from Strausser which was made worse by Trey's injuries. Not sure how you expect him to mold what he inherited into a manhandling juggernaut. Nevertheless the line was more than serviceable in 2018. Hilbers and Kirkland both looked good in their first significant action which you have to give Huff credit for.

I am sure you would agree OL take the longest to develop of any position group. Huff's first full class were true freshmen last year and in 2019 they will be Fr and rFr. The first year we will be able to say how his guys are really coming along is 2020. But he is bringing plenty of talent in.
    So what say you about the narrative on oline digression? Mainly kaleb. I don’t remember who said it or the basis behind it but it’s been said.

Yes, he just went round 1.

I want to see if whomever said it before brings it back up with some substance and if anyone else agrees with it.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I do not understand the OL bashers at all. It's been easily the best unit on the offense for Huff's entire tenure, and this despite not inheriting a ton of talent outside Trey and Caleb.