Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

According to the guy who first started talking about this on dawgman, Smalls apparently has now also taken shots at and insulted current UW players and UW has shut the door on him. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds but something really set this kid off.

I hope he called Jaxson Kirkland ugly and then goes to Oregon. That is my wish.

Fuck this jive ass though. He's apparently just another Thibodeaux. I don't blame Pete one bit on this one. He doesn't give a rat's ass. This program isn't for me guys. No one is above the team and that's just how it's gonna be. Man, I wish I had some eligibility left so I could walk-on and throw a crackback block on special teams.
    Jive ass?

I love that one of the loudest white dudes is like 'fuck this jive ass'.

Hmmm....

I love this thread devolving into racist WDWHA. Saw it coming miles away. Enjoy it you fucking tards.
    WDWHA is now racist?

Can we go back to the original half brain bored already....
    White people cannot think straight when it comes to this. Man you guys are in a tizzy.

Lololol
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

According to the guy who first started talking about this on dawgman, Smalls apparently has now also taken shots at and insulted current UW players and UW has shut the door on him. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds but something really set this kid off.

Fuck this jive ass though. He's apparently just another Thibodeaux. I don't blame Pete one bit on this one. He doesn't give a rat's ass. This program isn't for me guys. No one is above the team and that's just how it's gonna be. Man, I wish I had some eligibility left so I could walk-on and throw a crackback block on special teams.
    Jive ass?

Hmmm....

I love this thread devolving into racist WDWHA. Saw it coming miles away. Enjoy it you fucking tards.
    WDWHA is now racist?

This is your tag team partner BigErn:

"Fuck this jive ass though. He's apparently just another Thibodeaux. I don't blame Pete one bit on this one. He doesn't give a rat's ass. This program isn't for me guys. No one is above the team and that's just how it's gonna be. Man, I wish I had some eligibility left so I could walk-on and throw a crackback block on special teams."
  • Options

Jive ass?

Hmmm....

WDWHA is now racist?

"Fuck this jive ass though. He's apparently just another Thibodeaux. I don't blame Pete one bit on this one. He doesn't give a rat's ass. This program isn't for me guys. No one is above the team and that's just how it's gonna be. Man, I wish I had some eligibility left so I could walk-on and throw a crackback block on special teams."
    Just say the n-word man. Just go for it. It’s not like we don’t know what you mean - this is one of the fascinating things to me... do you think that saying jive ass is some code that no black person can interpret??

Oh!! I’m stumped!!! I thought he was going to say something racist, but he said this other word and now I’m completely caught off guard!!

Do you realize that words themselves actually don’t have meaning??? Mind blown huh? That it’s only our shared representation of what they allude to that we process?

It’s amazing isn’t it.

One of my favorite sayings about white people is ‘if you think being white doesn’t affect how you see the world, that’s how you know that being white affects the way you see the world.’
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Jive ass?

Hmmm....

WDWHA is now racist?

I saw that. Pretty dumb comments.

But if we are going to insinuate WDWHA is racist, im out
  • Options

Jive ass?

Hmmm....

WDWHA is now racist?

I saw that. Pretty dumb comments.

But if we are going to insinuate WDWHA is racist, im out
    Racist was being used as an adjective to modify WDWHA, not as a co-concept.
  • Options

So some guy called Sonics1993 on Dawgman says Oregon negatively recruited Smalls, claiming UW is racist? Same guy says there were charts and everything to demonstrate this? That's the ironclad proof that we're basing all of this on?

It's clear that Smalls has some kind of an issue, as it's really strange to switch from "hometown hero" to completely eliminating the hometown school basically overnight, but claiming it's about OKG being perceived as racist seems an awful lot like confirmation bias. As a few in this thread have already said, such a claim would be so thin that it would be easily refuted by a simple phone call from the staff, contact with any number of former players, etc. It also just makes absolutely zero sense as an effective tactic with this kid in particular, as by all accounts he's pretty much the definition of OKG (amazing football player first, but also all about the academic side, no character issues, seemingly good work ethic with all of the offseason training, etc.). As brought up also in this thread multiple times, he's even attending an expensive private school for his senior season, so I don't buy the "rich, preppy" angle. "OKG is racist because it only targets kids who are EXACTLY like you" is a nonsensical argument.

Beyond that, it's pretty much impossible that proof exists that Oregon is recruiting in this way. That would go beyond recruiting violation and right into successful libel suit. When I read about any such proceedings or investigations, I'll believe that somebody has proof of this happening. I mean, how would a UW inside source even find out about such a thing?

Smalls clearly has an issue, but I still doubt it's about OKG being racist. If his problem is with racism at all, I would wager it's a lot more likely he just happened to stumble across this board: a collection of people who clearly think racism is funny, where the ratio of black posters to prominent white posters claiming to be black (with flowing blonde locks in one case) is apparently 0:3, and where you can read several dissertations on the racism inherent in the OKG system.

This forum claims to be the vanguard of high standards and accountability in UW football and football recruiting. Ironically, there's probably no bigger source of negative recruiting material against UW than what can be found here. If somebody wants proof that the Washington fanbase is one big loaf of white bread baked in a tiki torch oven, you can read all about it right here.

Guy close to Smalls says this about Smalls. Smalls drops UW and tells Roof that he doesn’t feel good about the term OKG.

Man, I’m having a hard time connecting the dots here.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    It was fun being the blue blood punching bag while it lasted. If you want to jump on the Bball bandwagon, it'll only be a couple weeks until the Smalls of basketball (McDaniels) leaves town and heads to Kentucky.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,934
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jive ass?

Hmmm....

Based on your Twitter, thought you’d be dead by now.

Your liver hates you.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,214
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

Jive ass?

Hmmm....

I shouldn't have used jive ass and I apologize. It wasn't what I was going for.

Fake and insincere. Prima donna, pompous, Me Man, arrogant, conceited, pretentious, narcissistic, self-aggrandizing. That's what I meant. Call it whatever the fuck you want. I know you'd prefer Pete bend over and take it up the ass for kids who want to be bigger than the team and spoon-fed glory, but it ain't gonna happen. It doesn't matter if they're white, black, Poly, Jewish, or Inuit. This is not a race thing. It's about the individual. Get over it. There's a reason we offer so few guys and there's also a reason we're pumping out guys into the league left and right, winning conference championships, and improving in recruiting every year for SIX YEARS STRAIGHT. If that's "elitist", so be it. Former players don't seem to have any problem with it. Listen, one guy is not going to make or break this program. All you fucking drama queen Chicken Littles are saying this is the end of the program, we've peaked, we should shut it all down, we're going to lose everyone now, yada, yada, yada. Listen to yourselves. If I shook my head any harder it would fall off. It's like it's cool to be a dramatic whiny bitch on here. It's sad. How about looking at all the positive shit around the program? Like the two best classes in history we just signed who haven't even touched the field. Like the ridiculous development we're seeing right before our very eyes. Like the fact that Browning is gone and we're about to see a long stretch of great QB play. Like the fucking defense who looks god-like. Like all the ex-players who rep the program HARD (including black guys! Wow!). Yeah, it's fine to be critical of certain things, and it's great to look for ways to improve, but this shit is over the top. The program is improving every goddamn year and we're still on the Clemson trajectory, with or without Savell. There's still a ton of in-state talent these next two classes and Savell is not going to have the impact on that like you think it will. Yeah, it's a shame this all turned out this way with Savell, but we clearly overlooked the warning signs. I fucking love Pete for sticking to his guns. Go fucking Dawgs.
  • Options

Jive ass?

Hmmm....

Fake and insincere. Prima donna, pompous, Me Man, arrogant, conceited, pretentious, narcissistic, self-aggrandizing. That's what I meant. Call it whatever the fuck you want. I know you'd prefer Pete bend over and take it up the ass for kids who want to be bigger than the team and spoon-fed glory, but it ain't gonna happen. It doesn't matter if they're white, black, Poly, Jewish, or Inuit. This is not a race thing. It's about the individual. Get over it. There's a reason we offer so few guys and there's also a reason we're pumping out guys into the league left and right, winning conference championships, and improving in recruiting every year for SIX YEARS STRAIGHT. If that's "elitist", so be it. Former players don't seem to have any problem with it. Listen, one guy is not going to make or break this program. All you fucking drama queen Chicken Littles are saying this is the end of the program, we've peaked, we should shut it all down, we're going to lose everyone now, yada, yada, yada. Listen to yourselves. If I shook my head any harder it would fall off. It's like it's cool to be a dramatic whiny bitch on here. It's sad. How about looking at all the positive shit around the program? Like the two best classes in history we just signed who haven't even touched the field. Like the ridiculous development we're seeing right before our very eyes. Like the fact that Browning is gone and we're about to see a long stretch of great QB play. Like the fucking defense who looks god-like. Like all the ex-players who rep the program HARD (including black guys! Wow!). Yeah, it's fine to be critical of certain things, and it's great to look for ways to improve, but this shit is over the top. The program is improving every goddamn year and we're still on the Clemson trajectory, with or without Savell. There's still a ton of in-state talent these next two classes and Savell is not going to have the impact on that like you think it will. Yeah, it's a shame this all turned out this way with Savell, but we clearly overlooked the warning signs. I fucking love Pete for sticking to his guns. Go fucking Dawgs.
    So, just the STEREOTYPE of black people who don’t do what white people want. Got it.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712

Jive ass?

Hmmm....

So, just the STEREOTYPE of black people who don’t do what white people want. Got it.
    Yeah it wasn't just about your use of jive ass my dude.

I am sure you would kick his ass though if you still had eligibility tough guy!
  • Options
    Founders Club

Jive ass?

Hmmm....

Ridiculous. The same principles apply if Savell was a white guy named Luke from Bozeman.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,934
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jive ass?

Hmmm....

Ridiculous. The same principles apply if Savell was a white guy named Luke from Bozeman.
    Sounds like an okg to me. One or two 🌟? Zero, even better, we’ll make him an emotionless drone BUT he will get drafted.

#Okg4lyfe
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

I rarely play the part of the glass half full guy, but here goes... This is far from over. It's May, and awfully warm for December.

Putting out an article with the sole purpose of saying Fuck You to UW reads like an emotional overreaction to something. "Sounds like you care," in recruit form, basically. UW's definitely in a shitty spot right now, but it's not the worst spot. I'd rather be here than given a pity spot in a top 6 (s/o Cuog) when in reality the kid is apathetic and never seriously considering coming here.

It's like a girl saying she fucking hates you and never wants to talk to you ever again after a fight ... in reality you're going to beat again in a week or two once the dust settles. It sucks in the moment, but you jerk off in the interim and let her get over it. Compare that to going on a couple dates, it's okay but you never click, maybe get a courtesy kiss, but it's obviously not going anywhere.

You can flip an emotional reaction because there's something to work with; you're dead in the water once apathy sets in.

Well, if the Sonics1993 rumor is true, Pete slammed the door in Savell's face. Something pretty serious must have went down.