Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It’s time for Kwat to be the DC again

AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
And Jimmy Lake to ascend to the Head Coach position. This QB transfer thing has me questioning everything including ‘Why not both?.gif’. Stunning.

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cool but what happens after huard? Back to try hards running a shit offense... if this offense can be at ‘16 levels all year, dickbush will both be OKG-r’s in my book!
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    jecornel said:

Pete certainly has some weaknesses. recruiting and developing QB's is not a strength. His offensive system also blows. He needs a QB coach and a REAL OC.

I'm just waiting for Sam Huard. That's when things will be special. The special season is only a few more years away. Per usual just got to wait a couple more years.

I’m starting to wonder what positive impact Pete actually makes. Kwiatkowaki and Lake run the defense. Lake and Malloe recruit the defensive rock stars. Huff recruits the OLs. Bush fucks up the QBs and the offense under Pete’s system and Pete let’s him.

Help me out. Pete gives speeches about respecting girls and being an all around good student?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Pete certainly has some weaknesses. recruiting and developing QB's is not a strength. His offensive system also blows. He needs a QB coach and a REAL OC.

I'm just waiting for Sam Huard. That's when things will be special. The special season is only a few more years away. Per usual just got to wait a couple more years.

Until... "Sam Huard has entered the portal..."
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

C'mon man. He's the CEO. As much as most people hate the CEO, they're in that position for a reason.

Yes. Pete is the CEO. Sets the expectations, develops the culture, and is responsible for the progress of the progrum.

Jimmy is exactly right. I made the comment because while Pete is phenomenal at building a program, it really feels like the macro college football environment has changed dramatically, and at key parts he hasn’t adapted. I think Lake continues the BFL culture, but can adapt to the new environment and lead. Crappy to good CEOs all have a playbook, sometimes they work, work for a while, and sometimes they are bad. Pete has played out his playbook successfully. Time is running out. Great CEOs can change their playbook and succeed.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Passion said:

jecornel said:

I’m starting to wonder what positive impact Pete actually makes. Kwiatkowaki and Lake run the defense. Lake and Malloe recruit the defensive rock stars. Huff recruits the OLs. Bush fucks up the QBs and the offense under Pete’s system and Pete let’s him.

Help me out. Pete gives speeches about respecting girls and being an all around good student?
    You've gone off the rails. The head coach gets graded on the end product, anything else is noise.

If you want to talk about three straight bowl losses not being up to snuff then go ahead and make that argument, but to not even grasp what he's done to at least get us to the level we're at is PassionFS. Get a fucking grip.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    Founders Club

I love the smell of panic in the spring

Smells like high expectations

Drew Sample was a 2nd round pick.

Let that sink in for a minute.

What in the holy fuck is going on?
    edited May 2019

Passion said:

jecornel said:

You've gone off the rails. The head coach gets graded on the end product, anything else is noise.

If you want to talk about three straight bowl losses not being up to snuff then go ahead and make that argument, but to not even grasp what he's done to at least get us to the level we're at is PassionFS. Get a fucking grip.
    Yes, I went off the rails.

Fine, then let's just agree on this. Washington's three straight bowl losses have in some ways made UW the poster child for the pac-12's shitty image across the country. We also have an offense that stinks except for Myles Gaskin's incredible vision in traffic and God given ability to make people miss. We have a once-in-a-generation TE and we don't throw to him in the Rose Bowl until the 4th quarter??? And now Eason is missing out on valuable development by splitting time with Jake Fucking Haener.

If you think Pete makes up for all that by winning the conference championship during an era when usc, ucla and oregon are all down and stanford is in decline, then - to use your own words - GreenRiverGatorzFS. Pete has a lot to fucking fix.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Passion said:

Passion said:

jecornel said:

Fine, then let's just agree on this. Washington's three straight bowl losses have in some ways made UW the poster child for the pac-12's shitty image across the country. We also have an offense that stinks except for Myles Gaskin's incredible vision in traffic and God given ability to make people miss. We have a once-in-a-generation TE and we don't throw to him in the Rose Bowl until the 4th quarter??? And now Eason is missing out on valuable development by splitting time with Jake Fucking Haener.

If you think Pete makes up for all that by winning the conference championship during an era when usc, ucla and oregon are all down and stanford is in decline, then - to use your own words - GreenRiverGatorzFS. Pete has a lot to fucking fix.
    Let's also not forget that the PAC-10 is a shit conference.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Passion said:

Passion said:

jecornel said:

Amen, brother Passion. 🙏🏼
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Would you rather win a shit conference or be an also ran

The ACC was worse this year with the least players drafted. But Clemson was the clear best team in the country

Fuck the Pac 9 forever. Pete does need to step it up. We care about WASHINGTON
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

jecornel said:

Actual wtf.
    edited May 2019

Passion said:

jecornel said:

Actual wtf.
    I went too far, and admitted it further down the thread. Pete has ongoing shit to fix.

That's it. Nothing more to see here.