Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Elias Ricks, 2020 4* CB, Santa Ana (Mater Dei), CA Offered

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    That kind of honest answer by Ricks will echo to other croots.

"if you're serious about getting to the next level don't go to usc..." - signed: pre-destined usc croot.

Hi Kelee!
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Just another example of how bad Larry Scott has fucked this conference over

This has way more to do with usc sucking and he didn't force usc to hire and keep Clay Helton. If they had an avg coach that tried this type of stuff doesn't happen.
    I get your point and it’s a fair one

The point that I’m making is that Scott has allowed for the perception of the P12 to be such that elite kids on the West Coast feel like LEAVING is their best option

I get that USC sucks and whatnot but if your entire conference and the perception of it is tied to one program that is run worse than a basic level Steve Sanders scheme ... then you’ve seriously fucked up as a Commissioner
    Chinned for Steve Sanders
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

This has way more to do with usc sucking and he didn't force usc to hire and keep Clay Helton. If they had an avg coach that tried this type of stuff doesn't happen.

The point that I’m making is that Scott has allowed for the perception of the P12 to be such that elite kids on the West Coast feel like LEAVING is their best option

I get that USC sucks and whatnot but if your entire conference and the perception of it is tied to one program that is run worse than a basic level Steve Sanders scheme ... then you’ve seriously fucked up as a Commissioner
    But honestly the entire conference sucks. You could go to uw and be a high pick sure, maybe Stanford, where else out west could you go? That's not a perception that's a reality.

Let's be clear that Larry Scott is a horrible commissioner for a variety of reasons. He really is bad. But the current success of the individual teams has very little to do with him and truth is the conference is just not as good as the sec or big 10. It is more similar to the acc or big12 but we don't currently have a heavy weight like Clemson or Oklahoma.

Years down the road Scott will have screwed the pooch as the revenue streams get further apart from the other conferences and it becomes tougher for the majority of the conference to pay for top tier coaches. That is a real problem but that is just starting. But let's be real, the west coast just doesn't give a shit about football like the rest of the country so the PAC 12 was always going to be behind the sec and big 10 in revenue and no commissioner is going to change that.

Blaming Scott for the state of current teams success and recruits leaving is a lazy argument. If any team out west had clemson's recent success they would have their pick of the top tier recruits out west. These other schools know that and it is a reality, our conference sucks.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

I disagree with you. Scott has singlehandedly made ESPN and all its channels and shows completely ignore and intentionally omit Pac12 from any conversation about college football. Players know that they will get no free pub or media love playing in this conference. Fast strategy players do not find this appealing.

If USC or ucla was a top program you think he still goes to lsu? I don't.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,868
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thinks Larry’s the fuckhole that approves these atrocious schedules that consistently show zero regards to a team running the pac. It’s not All Larry’s fault but to not put considerable blame on him does not compute for me.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited December 2018

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

But honestly the entire conference sucks. You could go to uw and be a high pick sure, maybe Stanford, where else out west could you go? That's not a perception that's a reality.

Let's be clear that Larry Scott is a horrible commissioner for a variety of reasons. He really is bad. But the current success of the individual teams has very little to do with him and truth is the conference is just not as good as the sec or big 10. It is more similar to the acc or big12 but we don't currently have a heavy weight like Clemson or Oklahoma.

Years down the road Scott will have screwed the pooch as the revenue streams get further apart from the other conferences and it becomes tougher for the majority of the conference to pay for top tier coaches. That is a real problem but that is just starting. But let's be real, the west coast just doesn't give a shit about football like the rest of the country so the PAC 12 was always going to be behind the sec and big 10 in revenue and no commissioner is going to change that.

Blaming Scott for the state of current teams success and recruits leaving is a lazy argument. If any team out west had clemson's recent success they would have their pick of the top tier recruits out west. These other schools know that and it is a reality, our conference sucks.
    I could rant on this ... and there will be a time and place for that

The reality is Scott is at the top of the conference ... buck stops with him
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Not about UW but found it interesting.

Biggins:

Ricks will visit for the Oregon game. He said something interesting, Ohio State was the runner up and he said if Urban Meyer was still the coach, he would have committed there. Deduce from that whatever you want lol.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Biggins:

Ricks will visit for the Oregon game. He said something interesting, Ohio State was the runner up and he said if Urban Meyer was still the coach, he would have committed there. Deduce from that whatever you want lol.

Which Oregon game?
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Biggins:

Ever since Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart said they were going to recruit Meyer to USC, I always thought even late in the process guys like Milton, Flowe, Ringo, Ricks, Wilson, Bijan would all be in play.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    He will end up at USC

I saw that he was involved with an article with The Athletic that basically said something to the effect that recruiting doesn’t start until you commit
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

He will end up at USC

I saw that he was involved with an article with The Athletic that basically said something to the effect that recruiting doesn’t start until you commit

That is what I think to. His mom I believe ran track at USC.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    The sick things I would do for a 1% chance at this kid.....
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

The sick things I would do for a 1% chance at this kid.....

Go on...
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    LOL... first the top West Coast kids don't want to go to college on the West Coast and now they don't even want to go to fucking high school out here.

shut it all down.