Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Russell Wilson becomes NFL’s highest-paid player

Comments

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Can't wait to go 8 and 8

Your Rams are sure to decline pretty quickly but they should still win 10 games this year Race.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2019
    If Seattle hadn't done it now, some other team would have done it for their franchise quarterback and possibly inflated Wilson's price even more. It's usually better to be the first, because it resets the market price.

I'm not trying to blanket that it's great every time. However, Wilson is a top 5 QB which makes this forgivable. If let's say Kirk Cousins got this kind of money, then that would sound alarm bells.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

If Seattle hadn't done it now, some other team would have done it for their franchise quarterback and possibly inflated Wilson's price even more. It's usually better to be the first, because it resets the market price.

I'm not trying to blanket that it's great every time. However, Wilson is a top 5 QB which makes this forgivable. If let's say Kirk Cousins got this kind of money, then that would sound alarm bells.

He left no room to sign Kj and Clark. If he was leader and a team leader he would have taken the Tom Brady route. Frank Clark is a rare human.

He could have taken a 100 million. But that doesn't feed the ego.

Russ is good and knows his market worth. Good for him.
    jecornel said:

He left no room to sign Kj and Clark. If he was leader and a team leader he would have taken the Tom Brady route. Frank Clark is a rare human.

Brady didn’t start taking a paycut until his twilight years.
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

Here is Brady's deal 10 years ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1949135
    jecornel said:

KJ's already resigned.

There is plenty of room to resign Clark if they want to, and Wagner. I'm not sure they're going to get Clark, Wagner and Reed but definitely two of the three.
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Here is Brady's deal 10 years ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1949135
    He didn't take a significant discount as much as his payments were restructured in a cap friendly way.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2019
    jecornel said:

Gotta sign Clark. I like KJ, but not as much as Clark.

But your point is valid. I'm not a brady fan, but he values Super Bowls and his organization more than being the highest paid player. He also recognizes that he has all the money he'll ever need.

Wish Wilson and Ciarra (sp?) thought the same way.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,379
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cuck franchise. Cuck player.
    Passion said:

jecornel said:

But your point is valid. I'm not a brady fan, but he values Super Bowls and his organization more than being the highest paid player. He also recognizes that he has all the money he'll ever need.

KJ already signed
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Passion said:

jecornel said:

Brady's wife is a bazillionaire and he is 90. there is a multitude of other ways he gets his money.

Wilson's wife is a B-list celebrity who has some money and he makes some off of advertisements.

The whole Brady is virtuos because he takes less money to win thing is bullshit. The dude is 60 years old and his wife is absolutely loaded. The Patriots can find other ways to get him his cash.

Gisele Bundchen is a very large piece of that equation.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Passion said:

jecornel said:

Brady's wife is a bazillionaire and he is 90. there is a multitude of other ways he gets his money.

Wilson's wife is a B-list celebrity who has some money and he makes some off of advertisements.

The whole Brady is virtuos because he takes less money to win thing is bullshit. The dude is 60 years old and his wife is absolutely loaded. The Patriots can find other ways to get him his cash.

Gisele Bundchen is a very large piece of that equation.
    Gisele earns has earned over $100 million in her own right.
    Standard Supporter

Passion said:

jecornel said:

KJ already signed
    No Clark!