Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why Petersen's offense has sucked is actually simple

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
I think the biggest reason the offense sucks is that it is too multiple. In another thread someone was talking about how awesome our heavy TE formations are.

Essentially, UW players have to learn 5 times the amount of shit other teams do. UW players have to know and practice spread, power, power spread, option, west coast, and pretty much everything else besides wing t...and then the players shift in and out of the formations.

UW can get away with this against inferior athletes. However, against the elite atheletic teams (USC and Bama in 2016, Penn State 2017, Auburn and Ohio State 2018) you can't do everything kind of well and get away with it. You have to have one reliable scheme that can get it done against anybody, consistently.

The comebacks against PSU and Ohio State proved we have the talent to move the ball and score fast when we are desperate.

Even with Browning it is 100% a philosophy problem. Cut the playbook in half (or more) and reduce the formations for a third. It's a complete jack of all trades, master of none system.

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,600
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited April 2019
    The players dont suck, our O is just too advanced POTD

Nope, it's browning.
  • Options

Nope, it's browning.

Except for it wasnt Browning when we were pounding people's shit in out of heavy TE sets, and it wasn't Browning when he was shredding Auburn and Ohio State by throwing the fucking ball 15 yards instead of 5.

Browning had issues, but they couldve been mitigated

Lets get this straight. Browning wasnt shredding anyone.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Nope, it's browning.

Except for it wasnt Browning when we were pounding people's shit in out of heavy TE sets, and it wasn't Browning when he was shredding Auburn and Ohio State by throwing the fucking ball 15 yards instead of 5.

Browning was throwing dimes all over the place in the second half vs Auburn...he threw for 300 yards on 18 completions...

Ohio State he made some decent throws and Hunter Bryant was catching anything thrown within 10 feet of him
  • Options

Nope, it's browning.

Browning was throwing dimes all over the place in the second half vs Auburn...he threw for 300 yards on 18 completions...

Ohio State he made some decent throws and Hunter Bryant was catching anything thrown within 10 feet of him
    I didnt watch the second half. But I'm going to assume they let up and didnt give a fuck because they were crushing you
  • Options
    Founders Club

Nope, it's browning.

I didnt watch the second half. But I'm going to assume they let up and didnt give a fuck because they were crushing you
    In what game? Vs Auburn it was close the entire time...Ohio State probably was letting up, but they werent good on defense to begin with and got carved up by every mediocre Big Ten QB they faced
  • Options

Nope, it's browning.

In what game? Vs Auburn it was close the entire time...Ohio State probably was letting up, but they werent good on defense to begin with and got carved up by every mediocre Big Ten QB they faced
    so you agree
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I think we just need to call more speed options and the Offense will work itself out.

Maybe along the goaline, with a non mobile QB, into an NFL DE...

Also more pre snap motion, a lot more.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2019

I think the biggest reason the offense sucks is that it is too multiple. In another thread someone was talking about how awesome our heavy TE formations are.

Essentially, UW players have to learn 5 times the amount of shit other teams do. UW players have to know and practice spread, power, power spread, option, west coast, and pretty much everything else besides wing t...and then the players shift in and out of the formations.

UW can get away with this against inferior athletes. However, against the elite atheletic teams (USC and Bama in 2016, Penn State 2017, Auburn and Ohio State 2018) you can't do everything kind of well and get away with it. You have to have one reliable scheme that can get it done against anybody, consistently.

The comebacks against PSU and Ohio State proved we have the talent to move the ball and score fast when we are desperate.

Even with Browning it is 100% a philosophy problem. Cut the playbook in half (or more) and reduce the formations for a third. It's a complete jack of all trades, master of none system.

Comedy. I'd say nice attempt slice...but it wasnt:( you are so far from knowing what you're talking about....but if u werent I'd have 1 less person to make look foolish. Keep it up
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Run. The fucking. Ball.

Offense is too fucking cute.

Cal lost to UCLA this year, and UCLA ran the ball 54 times. 45 if you take out Dorian Thompsons runs. UW, two weeks later, ran the ball 33 times, or 27 if you take out Brownings 6 attributed runs. Ahmed had an absolute shit game, 8 rushes, -2 yards, but when Kamari Pleasant averaged 5.2 yards on 12 carries, maybe he should have gotten more touches.

ASU lost to San Diego State at home in 2017. Yeah they had Rashaad Penny, but we also have MMFG. Penny broke a 95 yard touchdown. Well SDSU ran 18 pass plays, and 35 run plays (not including QB runs). UW ran 19 rush plays not including Shitsocks runs. Crazy part is Gaskin, Coleman, and Ahmed all broke runs over 15 yards. Miles Gaskin had 5 of his 14 carries in the final drive for UW. On the touchdown drive, they ran 10 times, two of those by shit socks, who was probably scrambling from a shitty pass play call.

Ohio State gets run the fuck over by Maryland. MARY-FUCKING-LAND! Maryland ran the ball 37 times for 359 yards. Kudos to Ohio State as well for running 41 times for 224 yards (I'm not including QB stats). Browning threw 17 more times than Haskins! Ran 9 times in the first half, 3 points. They ran 7 times on the first drive of the second half, gaining 43 yards, before you guessed it, Shitsocks is sacked for 7 yards o 2nd and 6. On 3&13, we run the ball for four yard loss. Obviously the rest of the half is run focused and they score 20 points.

Too, fucking cute.

My hope from the offensive side, is that Eason actually helps the run game. Teams won't be able to stack the box knowing they can be beaten over the top by the big arm.

They do run the ball...a lot newfish. Yore right about loading up because of browning, but Haener can keep safeties back too
    . Oh it's not about being cute. That's the air raid. Pete runs a pro offense dude...hardly cute. Lurk, clue up and return
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2019
    I know pup is a true DWAG because he laps up DOGma like some kibble got in his water
  • Options
    Founders Club

Comedy. I'd say nice attempt slice...but it wasnt:( you are so far from knowing what you're talking about....but if u werent I'd have 1 less person to make look foolish. Keep it up
    Thanks for proving me wrong faggot!
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Where do I start? Do you want an outline? Ballet points? Essay? Podcast? (Bot, set it up). Setup pudcast, I'll put all you fuckwads in place at same time
  • Options
    Founders Club

Where do I start? Do you want an outline? Ballet points? Essay? Podcast? (Bot, set it up). Setup pudcast, I'll put all you fuckwads in place at same time
    How about you address the claims I made and produce a counter argument? That's usually how these things work, youre no spring chicken
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

You do ballet?

Faggot supreme!
    Baze you're no longer in conversation. You're like a sucker fish clinging to the body of shark. You just leach on to Pup, but dont really do much, or a horsefly on my Gelding Sherman. He just swats you away with his tail yet you keep coming back, an annoyance. I've swatted you away so many times recently and you keep flying back on trying to bite. But like a 1400lb quarterhorse, you're bite doesnt hurt, it's just pesky. Goodbye twatski!
    sarksure.gif
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,598
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Is Norm Chow still alive? He could be a consultant. He dominated the WAC.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Offense should be simple. Best players should play. Playmakers will be the difference between Ws and Ls.

If Salvon, Skinny, Auzzy (Yeah I said it) and Hunter are featured in a simple offense, we can hang with playoff teams.

If we are running 75 motions and Andre B is getting the ball a lot... well... we watched that game already.