Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Poverty makes them terrorists

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
https://foxnews.com/world/sri-lanka-bombing-leadership-shakeup

Not really

The looming shakeup in Sri Lanka’s leadership follows widespread criticism directed at its government for failing to act on warnings it received about the bombers in the days leading up to the attacks. Its top officials have issued and then walked back numerous statements in the aftermath, such as the affiliations of the bombers and possible ties to a recent mass shooting in New Zealand. The statements often have been made without any supporting evidence, adding to the confusion as investigators are still searching for answers. The official death toll on Wednesday rose to 359.

“We believe that one of the suicide bombers studied in the U.K. and later did his postgraduate in Australia before coming back and settling in Sri Lanka,” the Guardian quoted Wijewardene as saying Wednesday.

“This group of suicide bombers, most of them are well-educated and come from middle or upper-middle class, so they are financially quite independent and their families are quite stable financially, that is a worrying factor in this,” he added. “Some of them have I think studied in various other countries, they hold degrees, LLMs [law degrees], they’re quite well-educated people.”

Investigators also told the AFP that two of the bombers were sons of a wealthy spice trader in Colombo – Sri Lanka’s capital and site of many of the attacks. Two others, according to police spokesman Ruwan Gunasekara, were a husband and wife duo.

That woman, two children and three policemen are said to have died in an explosion as authorities closed in on her late Sunday, hours after attacks were launched against three churches and three hotels.

OCASIO-CORTEZ CALLED OUT FOR SOCIAL MEDIA SILENCE IN WAKE OF SRI LANKA

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,465
    Their religion makes them terrorists but then we've known that since Islam began!
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I worked with a PM from Sri Lanka. When she was first meeting a group of us contractors she asked for guess where she was from. 81% said India. I said Sri Lanka which impressed her

We would talk on occasion about her homeland and she was not a big fan of the peaceful Muslim temples on the island. Said they ruined her country

I was going to call her a racist but I'm white and she is a prop, errrrrrrrrrrrrr, woman of color so I just nodded my head

did u bone
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
    Swaye's Wigwam

I worked with a PM from Sri Lanka. When she was first meeting a group of us contractors she asked for guess where she was from. 81% said India. I said Sri Lanka which impressed her

We would talk on occasion about her homeland and she was not a big fan of the peaceful Muslim temples on the island. Said they ruined her country

I was going to call her a racist but I'm white and she is a prop, errrrrrrrrrrrrr, woman of color so I just nodded my head

did u bone
    Would have but I'm terminally married
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    they should change the name back to Ceylon - sounds more peaceful to me
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cultural humiliation is the cause more so than poverty me thinks. If you're whole life you've been told that Monotheism 3.0 is the only true religion and yet Monotheism 2.0 has been kicking your ass for hundreds of years and now 1.0 for the past 70 give or take, that's gonna make your civilization pretty pissed off and turn out more and more jihad bros.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Cultural humiliation is the cause more so than poverty me thinks. If you're whole life you've been told that Monotheism 3.0 is the only true religion and yet Monotheism 2.0 has been kicking your ass for hundreds of years and now 1.0 for the past 70 give or take, that's gonna make your civilization pretty pissed off and turn out more and more jihad bros.

I was told Islam had the most advanced society and were inventing shit like crazy. All peaceful and stuff. Then the crusades came and ruined it so they had to stay stuck in 1095 and haven’t figured out how to get going again. That’s just what i’m hearing. Don’t twist.
    I hear the same thing about sub-Sahara Africa, only it was white racism and colonialism that turned them into cultural and economic shit-holes.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,465
    edited April 2019

I was told Islam had the most advanced society and were inventing shit like crazy. All peaceful and stuff. Then the crusades came and ruined it so they had to stay stuck in 1095 and haven’t figured out how to get going again. That’s just what i’m hearing. Don’t twist.
    They were peacefully conquering over 500 Christian cities by force and putting people to death for their religion. They just stole shit and murdered people. It is their way of life. They sure were quiet a long time, wonder why?
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

They added Algebra to an already centuries-old, well developed field of math. They didn’t invent “modern math.” The Chinese, Greeks and Europeans own 80% of it.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

They added Algebra to an already centuries-old, well developed field of math. They didn’t invent “modern math.” The Chinese, Greeks and Europeans own 80% of it.
    Didnt the babylonians invent that?

The mongols fucked up advanced muslims 100 times more than the crusades ever could've. Pyramids made of skulls and shit in whatever the empire that proceeded Syria was.

You could actually make an argument good ole Ghengis set them back 1000 years. Europe got pretty fucking lucky the general Subotai went back to Mongolia when Khan died....the "scouting" force he commanded had just spanked one of the strongest European armies at that time.