Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Frank Clark to the Chefs

HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Got KC's first rounder (29), next year's second rounder (presumably late) and exchanged third rounders this year (so Hawks move up from 92 to 84).

Hawks need pass rushers badly but that's an insane haul. I did not expect them to get that much for him.

Plenty of room to sign Wagner and Reed now.

Really good move for Schneider. Now can you do anything with 21 and 29?

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Got KC's first rounder (29), next year's second rounder (presumably late) and exchanged third rounders this year (so Hawks move up from 92 to 84).

Hawks need pass rushers badly but that's an insane haul. I did not expect them to get that much for him.

I would probably trade Reed too. DT’s aren’t worth the money unless it’s a superstar. Reed won’t get 10 sacks again in his career.

Good move. I’m glad the Seahawks are starting to show less loyalty. They could have avoided this mess if they didn’t re-sign everyone years back.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

I would probably trade Reed too. DT’s aren’t worth the money unless it’s a superstar. Reed won’t get 10 sacks again in his career.

Good move. I’m glad the Seahawks are starting to show less loyalty. They could have avoided this mess if they didn’t re-sign everyone years back.
    I'd probably keep Reed, assuming he doesn't want to get paid like he's Aaron Donald. Even if he never hits 10 again he'll be good for 5-8 which is really good production from a DT. Not many 3 down DTs out there.

Agree with your last paragraph. Keeping all three of the secondary guys (especially Kam on a third contract) was deadly.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'd probably keep Reed, assuming he doesn't want to get paid like he's Aaron Donald. Even if he never hits 10 again he'll be good for 5-8 which is really good production from a DT. Not many 3 down DTs out there.

Agree with your last paragraph. Keeping all three of the secondary guys (especially Kam on a third contract) was deadly.
    Bennett too. He became a cancer after he got a new deal.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Bennett too. He became a cancer after he got a new deal.
    True, though his deal was very good for the team financially based on on the field performance. Not sure they should have foreseen the issues he was going to cause.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,094
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Russ was on the DP Show today