Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

Comments

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Watched the film again. I don’t care what his track times are. He’s good.

But still get Sam and Bijan or gtfo
    How about all three and Sam plays DB?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

No. Sam’s RB is incredible
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Somehow Sam Adams might be a DB, but Sawyer Racanelli won't be a LB, interesting...

Somehow Sam Adams might be a DB, but Sawyer Racanelli won't be a LB, interesting...
    Different recruits, different skill sets, different genetics. Possibly more position flexibility on Adams' end. Every situation is different and nuanced. No shit.
    edited April 2019

For reference:

Bolt finishes 9.63. The man at the top of the screen (lane 2) finishes in 9.98.

How big of a difference is 3 1/2 tenths of a second?

https://youtu.be/bVTqySCtzVI

Yes, 11.34 is quite different from 10.94.

Edit: fuck the Olympic Committee. Just click the link and watch in YouTube.

Just so it’s clear, I am saying nothing about Sunday’s abilities nor am I saying he has to be fast to be good. Neither am I saying he can’t get faster because he obviously can.

I’m just showing what 0.4 seconds looks like since it seemed there was confusion as to how big a gap that is.
    There's no confusion. Learn how to do math and physics. The gap of 0.4 seconds is larger the faster the times that are being run. Therefore, 0.4 seconds is a bigger gap for elite world class sprinters running sub-10 seconds than it is for high school kids running in the low 11 second range.

Different recruits, different skill sets, different genetics. Possibly more position flexibility on Adams' end. Every situation is different and nuanced. No shit.
    Exactly, they are different recruits. Most schools are offering Racanelli on defense, while basically all are offering Adams on defense. You got it backwards regardless of your personal belief on where their skill sets will take them.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Exactly, they are different recruits. Most schools are offering Racanelli on defense, while basically all are offering Adams on defense offense. You got it backwards regardless of your personal belief on where their skill sets will take them.

Exactly, they are different recruits. Most schools are offering Racanelli on defense, while basically all are offering Adams on defense offense. You got it backwards regardless of your personal belief on where their skill sets will take them.
    Thank you for the save sir
    edited April 2019

Exactly, they are different recruits. Most schools are offering Racanelli on defense, while basically all are offering Adams on defense. You got it backwards regardless of your personal belief on where their skill sets will take them.
    Who cares. Everybody was recruiting Asa Turner as a linebacker and UW was the only one recruiting him to play DB. I'm good at talent evaluations. UW is good at talent evaluations. So we usually agree where a kid fits best and where his highest potential is. Adams can play RB just fine and be a great college RB. But if he wants to have a long lasting career in the NFL and limit the damage to his body and brain, he should play DB.

Who cares. Everybody was recruiting Asa Turner as a linebacker and UW was the only one recruiting him to play DB. I'm good at talent evaluations. UW is good at talent evaluations. So we usually agree where a kid fits best and where his highest potential is. Adams can play RB just fine and be a great college RB. But if he wants to have a long lasting career in the NFL and limit the damage to his body and brain, he should play DB.
    Asa wanted to play DB, Adams has never suggested that he does as well.
    edited April 2019

In his original interview post UW offer he said UW liked him as an athlete and he didn't care which side of the ball he plays on because he enjoys them both equally. Sure, if UW can only get Adams and one of Sunday or Robinson then Adams is probably a RB for UW. But if they can get all three which would mean more talent overall, then he probably gets bumped to DB which would be helpful because if we don't get Ransom we're fucked at safety in this class again unless we get Adams as a SS where he'd fit in perfectly.

In his original interview post UW offer he said UW liked him as an athlete and he didn't care which side of the ball he plays on because he enjoys them both equally. Sure, if UW can only get Adams and one of Sunday or Robinson then Adams is probably a RB for UW. But if they can get all three which would mean more talent overall, then he probably gets bumped to DB which would be helpful because if we don't get Ransom we're fucked at safety in this class again unless we get Adams as a SS where he'd fit in perfectly.
    Will Harris isn’t even following him, he’s not going to be a DB.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    Stop waste your time arguing over this kids track speed. If you actually saw him run it's pretty clear he has no experience or training with track. If he ever learned to run with good form and use starting blocks correctly you wouldn't be talking about this. But learning that shits not going to make him a better football player.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

For reference:

Bolt finishes 9.63. The man at the top of the screen (lane 2) finishes in 9.98.

How big of a difference is 3 1/2 tenths of a second?

https://youtu.be/bVTqySCtzVI

Yes, 11.34 is quite different from 10.94.

Edit: fuck the Olympic Committee. Just click the link and watch in YouTube.

Just so it’s clear, I am saying nothing about Sunday’s abilities nor am I saying he has to be fast to be good. Neither am I saying he can’t get faster because he obviously can.

I’m just showing what 0.4 seconds looks like since it seemed there was confusion as to how big a gap that is.
    There's no confusion. Learn how to do math and physics. The gap of 0.4 seconds is larger the faster the times that are being run. Therefore, 0.4 seconds is a bigger gap for elite world class sprinters running sub-10 seconds than it is for high school kids running in the low 11 second range.
    Yeah man, just learn how to do math and physics, ya dum dum.