Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Speed really does matter ... but it isn’t the only thing

There’s still time to improve on the number
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If speed was the only thing that mattered then Ahmed would be an All American
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Come on guys...when is it next time we will get to sing a kid by the name jay’veon?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    did I miss the thread where the NCAA is changing the field from 100 yards to 100 meters and taking the hitting out and eliminating equipment and pads?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    Meek said:

did I miss the thread where the NCAA is changing the field from 100 yards to 100 meters and taking the hitting out and eliminating equipment and pads?

yes, they are also taking out defenders and schemes. You just have to run 100m to be successful. Don't need vision, toughness or any kind of football aptitude or instincts.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

RealRhino said:

chuck said:

Ballz did you see Sunday running the 100 meters? They could work a miracle with his speed and he'd still be the slowest tailback on any upper tier team in the nation. I tried to be positive about him, but I saw enough. He's a 4.8- 5.0 40 guy right now. You really think that can be improved on enough?

I'm way more hopeful about Newton.

I don't think Marshawn Lynch in high school would have looked good running the 100 meter dash either. And yes, with the right training he could easily improve his speed.
    Marshawn was a good high school runner. 10.94 100 meter compared to Sunday's personal best of 11.34.
    That's not a big difference at all. Sunday still has his Senior year to improve his speed and times.
    LMAO 4 tenths is probably close to a 10 meter difference at the end.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ccharanza said:

Well I'm quite sure I'm not going to go measure his thighs but from 20 feet away they are stout...He's not a big ripped up kid....he runs track as well. He's just got really good vision and balance and runs mean AF

This is why Sunday is good. He’s not a burner, which is why he hasn’t been offered by Texas, A&M, etc but he has great balance and he’s going to run hard.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck you guys lazily stating the obvious, that speed isn't everything. No shit. They dont run the 100m in a football game. No shit.

Without a major improvement in his speed and burst a guy like this will never find a hole in high level football. He'll get gang tackled at the line 9/10 runs.
  • Options
    He’s also still in his junior year ... so there’s still time to improve
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Bomerpopper saw Jayveon Sunday, twas his lucky bun day
    You know what I mean.
    He texts him each weekday, each velvety cheek day
    You know what I mean.
    His love gun's loaded and he's in his sights
    Big commitment's waiting there inside his tights
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited April 2019
    Looks like a lot of people agree with me. Football speed > track speed and he's not a finished product.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231

Looks like a lot of people agree with me. Football speed > track speed and he's not a finished product.

Football speed is greater than track speed ... But his absolute speed is worrisome because it's pretty fucking slow ... And at some point it becomes tough to excuse.

If he was dominating the toughest leagues like the Trinity then it would be much easier to disregard but I'm not sure how his league is
  • Options
    Waco isn’t chip liver
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Woof said:

RealRhino said:

chuck said:

Ballz did you see Sunday running the 100 meters? They could work a miracle with his speed and he'd still be the slowest tailback on any upper tier team in the nation. I tried to be positive about him, but I saw enough. He's a 4.8- 5.0 40 guy right now. You really think that can be improved on enough?

I don't think Marshawn Lynch in high school would have looked good running the 100 meter dash either. And yes, with the right training he could easily improve his speed.
    Marshawn was a good high school runner. 10.94 100 meter compared to Sunday's personal best of 11.34.
    This has Marshawn at 11.12 in HS. Not sure what year though. I couldn't find any other numbers, so where are you getting that time from?

https://ca.milesplit.com/athletes/pro/4459732/stats

I also can't find any other times for Jay'I'm not sure why it is inconceivable for Sunday to shave .2 of a second next year. He took a second off his 200m time this year between meets 1 and 2.

I think this whole discussion is way overblown.
    this is the real season, where we like behave irrational and hysterical
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Woof said:

RealRhino said:

chuck said:

This has Marshawn at 11.12 in HS. Not sure what year though. I couldn't find any other numbers, so where are you getting that time from?

https://ca.milesplit.com/athletes/pro/4459732/stats

I also can't find any other times for Jay'I'm not sure why it is inconceivable for Sunday to shave .2 of a second next year. He took a second off his 200m time this year between meets 1 and 2.

I think this whole discussion is way overblown.
    Thank you sir.